New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Next up, Soviet advances into Europe and the first naval battle of the war
aircraft-carrier-ulyanovsk-version-01-8_4.jpg
You know, as much as the Soviet navy had improved from its WW2 days, I somehow doubt it would be ultimately victorious.

Battle of Prague
1:15 PM, December 1st, 1988

Prague, Czech Federal Republic

“Identified! Contact front!” Cursing under his breath, H. R. McMaster wished that he had a better firing position. The dug out gravel pit in an industrial park didn’t provide the best cover – his initial position inside a gutted factory was much better, but napalm-equipped Su-24 Fencer strike fighters made him and those in his company hunkered there bug out or get roasted alive. ‘Fucking Commies.’ “T-72 at two o’clock! Sabot!”

“Got it!” Chambers hooted as Rubio thrust the depleted uranium dart shell into the breech, shutting it with a clang.

“Fire!”

“On the way!” The gun boomed, gout of flame scorching the ground in front of the dug in M-1 Haig. Soon after the T-72 erupted in smoke and fire, turret blown clear off as ammunition cooked off – Chambers worked a perfect shot, right between the join of the turret and the body.

McMaster hooted. “Take that, fuckers!” In the last weeks, the crew had morphed from green into hardened vets, operating like a well-honed machine. Fluidly, a HEAT round made its way into the breech to smite a BMP infantry carrier to hell.

Even through the thick carapace, the low clang of a wrench on a shell casing was heard loud and clear. “GAS!” Immediately the crew secured all hatches, sealing the Haig tightly against the outside elements. Throwing away every single taboo since the end of WWI, the Warsaw Pact had no compunctions about saturating the battlefields from the East German/Polish border to the Czech capitol with mustard, Phosgene, or Sarin gas. Nerve gasses were the worst – while the tank was usually secure against the dangerous chemicals, the poor infantry only had their NBC suits against impending death or pain.

“Contact front!” With the gas barrage, the Soviets were pushing hard. “Sabot!” McMaster watched the T-80 zig zag across the battered ground. “Fire!”

“On the way!” The shell hit right in the glacis plate, and didn’t go through. “Fuck!”

“HEAT!” At that moment the T-80 fired, decapitating the tank directly to McMaster’s right. “Fire!” Hitting the side armor, Chambers avenged their fallen brothers.

And the battle for Prague continued.

3a6cbaa2cd799950391752b7ac3223e2.jpg

Gas, eh?

I may not be an expert regarding the rules of warfare, but weren't chemical weapons banned post-WWI?

If that is the case, are there going to be war crime trials post-WWIII?

Gas, eh?

I may not be an expert regarding the rules of warfare, but weren't chemical weapons banned post-WWI?

If that is the case, are there going to be war crime trials post-WWIII?

Nope. There was an unofficial taboo against their use in WW2, but no official ban until a bilateral 1990 US-Soviet agreement, and not for the wider world until ‘93.

During the Cold War, both sides maintained an impressive arsenal of chemical weapons - especially the Soviets. Widespread usage of chem warfare was a central tenant of their plans for war with NATO, and NATO knew it.

Last edited:
no guarantees of the world surviving: sure, the top echelons of the government might survive along with some select individuals, but the world can also go into Fallout 3/4
Thing is we do know the Kaiser of Germany visits the White House in 2007, from one of the wiki boxes.

So we do know a couple of things based on that: either NATO wins or reaches a peace that allows the Kaiser to remain, the world is in a state where official travel to the other side of the Atlantic is possible, and that Washington DC is still habitable after WW3.

As for the timeline, this looks fantastic Congressman, and I look forward for more. I really like how this world war is going to have fighting in the entirety of South America (which ironically could mean that I might not exist in the NDCR timeline) Better dead than red!

Thing is we do know the Kaiser of Germany visits the White House in 2007, from one of the wiki boxes.

So we do know a couple of things based on that: either NATO wins or reaches a peace that allows the Kaiser to remain, the world is in a state where official travel to the other side of the Atlantic is possible, and that Washington DC is still habitable after WW3.

As for the timeline, this looks fantastic Congressman, and I look forward for more. I really like how this world war is going to have fighting in the entirety of South America (which ironically could mean that I might not exist in the NDCR timeline) Better dead than red!
Ah, I see (my apologies, haven't reread NDCR part I yet)

But in regards to the naval war, I will be absolutely triggered if CV-65 gets sunk