New Deal Coalition Retained III: A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night for Labour and Roy Mason, and interesting result for Tony Blair.
Churchill the Younger's tenure ended on a high note. Grandfather and Grandson are certainly the titans of 20th Century Britain.
And thus begins India's charge onto the world stage. They will be flexing their muscles soon

Forgot to mention,

British commonwealth "Crown dominions" are covered by these trade arrangements. Especially important in the far east with Japan. Reminder from earlier ITL.

These dominions include:
· Hong Kong
· Singapore
· Honduras
· Aden
· Guiana
· Gambia
· Malta
· North Borneo
· Mauritius

Also, I had a typo, Heseltine was NOT drunk while driving, as proven later.

I like how everyone calls it the Kalmar Union, Kalmar Group, etc. even though I pretty much stated that it is called the Nordic Union

Oh well, at least it was fun to read about the Norwegians being ripped off

I like how everyone calls it the Kalmar Union, Kalmar Group, etc. even though I pretty much stated that it is called the Nordic Union

Oh well, at least it was fun to read about the Norwegians being ripped off

My bad :neutral:, dunno how I mixed that up! Honest mistake, didn't mean anything (I also really like the idea of a Nordic Union, so stay tuned for more) I edited it in the last post, and will remember in the future!

Happy to hear you liked the post though! :biggrin:

Last edited:
(I also really like the idea of a Nordic Union, so stay tuned for more)

Heh. I thought since the EU as we know it OTL is pretty much DOA, I thought I would give some place in the world a similar economic structure, and Scandinavia seemed fitting. If you want, I can return to write another update on Scandinavia.

Heh. I thought since the EU as we know it OTL is pretty much DOA, I thought I would give some place in the world a similar economic structure, and Scandinavia seemed fitting. If you want, I can return to write another update on Scandinavia.

Please do, the first update was awesome!

Last edited:
Ddd0.png

In honor of College Football Conference Championship Saturday (although OTL that isn't a thing)

College Sports Realignment Mini-Culture Update

The Major Division 1 College Sports Conferences as of 1995 Post-1994 Realignment

Major Conferences with 1995 Football Standings

SEC

1. LSU

2. Georgia

3. Georgia Tech

4. Florida

5. Alabama

6. Auburn

7. UMiami

8. Kentucky

9. Florida State

10. Tulane

SWC

1. Texas

2. TCU

3. Texas A and M

4. Baylor

5. Texas Tech

6. SMU

7. Rice

8. Ole Miss

10. Miss State

Central Conference (Conference created to keep Notre Dame, Tennesee, and Arkansas relevant post war)

1. Notre Dame

2. Oklahoma

3. Missouri

4. Tennessee

5. Vanderbilt

6. Louisville

7. Arkansas

8. Illinois

9. Northwestern

10. Oklahoma State

WAC (great in basketball and tennis, mediocre in football)

1. Nebraska

2. BYU

3. Colorado State

4. Wyoming

5. Kansas

6. Arizona

7. Kansas State

8. Colorado

9. New Mexico

10. Iowa (moves because of basketball)

PCC (great in basketball and tennis)

1. Washington State

2. Washington

3. Idaho

4. Oregon State

5. Oregon

6. USC

7. UCLA

8. Stanford

9. Cal

10. Arizona State

Metro Conference

1. Maryland

2. Liberty U

3. West Virginia

4. Virginia Tech

5. Virginia

6. Clemson

7. South Carolina

8. UNC

9. Georgetown (b-ball only)/Howard (F-Ball only)

10. Florida A and M (Governor Kirk, isntead of promoting USF or UCF, supoprts this HBCU, leading to big-time football)

Big Ten (very good in baseball, used to be good in football, but not anymore)

1. Minnesota

2. Michigan State

3. Ohio State

4. Penn State

5. NC State (odd team out)

6. Wisconsin

7. Michigan

8. Purdue

9. Indiana

10. Army Football (WWIII gets them in the Big 10)

Last edited:
Wait why the hell is UK in the Big 8? They're founding members of the SEC and yes we're the most northern team in the league but there's no reason for us to leave.

Yeah Southern Football Dominance isn't kind to Colorado, as in 1994 Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Notre Dame conspire to make their own conference as both Oklahoma and Notre Dame realize that Football is becoming increasingly regional. Meanwhile college basketball powers BYU, Kansas, Kansas State, BYU, and Wyoming leave out Colorado in favor of Colorado State who recently made a final four.

NOTE: this isn't my dream realignment or anything, just what I think would be appropriate ITL.

Wait why the hell is UK in the Big 8? They're founding members of the SEC and yes we're the most northern team in the league but there's no reason for us to leave.

Its the "New Big 8", I will rename it. Kentucky joins to have rival Indiana. Tennesee and Vandy also join, frsutrated at having to deal with LSU and Bama.

Yeah Southern Football Dominance isn't kind to Colorado, as in 1994 Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Notre Dame conspire to make their own conference as both Oklahoma and Notre Dame realize that Football is becoming increasingly regional. Meanwhile college basketball powers BYU, Kansas, Kansas State, BYU, and Wyoming leave out Colorado in favor of Colorado State who recently made a final four.

NOTE: this isn't my dream realignment or anything, just what I think would be appropriate ITL.

I can see that given that football isn't as dominant ITTL

probably should have done more of a writeup, my bad.

Still Better than West Virginia in the Big 12 and Rutgers in the Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.