New Deal Coalition Retained III: A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcoat

Banned
We aren't going to retcon anything The Congressman has posted, however we might skim over some of the more controversial or inaccurate aspects, or change up what we're to do with them compared to what The Congressman might have planned.

I know it isn't all that satisfactory, but I'm not retconning anything The Congressman has posted, so maybe say that due to it being such a large war, the Soviet's don't have time to micromanage units and are just getting them together as fast as possible (and thus, more ethnic groups are in the same unit, etc.)

For sure dude. Maybe try globetrotting, maybe post it from a memoirs perspective so it still fits but doesn't interrupt the flow. All we're doing is just posting our ideas based on The Congressman's world

Yeah you should see my working ideas for what happens with Freyism and Pinochet for that.

Take your time! I love wikiboxes so I'll gladly wait for them! :extremelyhappy:
No problem. I had to tweak the percentages a tiny bit, since I find it hard to believe that every single vote in a post-Communist state's first election would go to only four candidates. (Feel free to put this into the original post and I'll delete this message)
HungarianElection1992.png

Redcoat

Banned
No problem. I had to tweak the percentages a tiny bit, since I find it hard to believe that every single vote in a post-Communist state's first election would go to only four candidates. (Feel free to put this into the original post and I'll delete this message)
View attachment 398174
I knew the shape of Hungary would end up weird, but not that weird :p looks like a pan or something

Thanks so much! :)

Will tweak the percentages. I agree with you on the distribution of votes (not just post-Communist state but evolving multi-party democracy in general). I will change it.

Just few corrections however; Csaky would dominate the north, for that is the former Southern Slovakia ITTL (also OTL northern Hungary as well, those towns will receive a tremendous local economic boost with the expansion up north; relatively though due to the war destruction. The part that used to be part of Ukraine is now an independent Rusyn Kingdom (post 1991 Treaty of Warsaw). And finally, I could be wrong, but on the map, OTL Southern Slovakia is not shown as part of Hungary in the wikibox.

Slovakia_borderHungary.png

(The red part goes to Hungary post-Treaty of Warsaw.)

All of Zakarpattia Oblast in OTL present day Ukraine is now an independent, multiethnic, Rusyn kingdom (since Treaty of Warsaw). The three groups that share power are the Rusyns, Hungarians and Romanians. But that will be covered at another point.

But overall, sterling job @Roberto El Rey! :)

Btw as of now just edited the voter percentages.

Last edited:

Redcoat

Banned
The historically Hungarian parts of OTL present day Slovakia. Why am I showing the first of the two maps if the second one shows the border gains (just to clarify only the yellow parts in the 1910 census map, and not Bratislava which is on the edge. Bratislava ITTL now part of Czechoslovakia)? Well because its a hint for some future politics.
Keep Bratislava in Slovakia, I was always guessing it'd look similar to the parts Hungary got back in 1938

Keep Bratislava in Slovakia, I was always guessing it'd look similar to the parts Hungary got back in 1938

That's what I stated in the first place, but I might have worded it confusingly. Just to clarify, Bratislava ITTL post-Warsaw is part of Czechoslovakia. It'll be however real close to the Czechoslovakian-Hungarian border.

Yeah exactly what Hungary got back in 1938. I think that would have been the best way to phrase it. So thanks @Redcoat :).

@Roberto El Rey, I edited the critiques post which shows what Hungary gets post-Warsaw (and this is the only land expansion they get).

Last edited:
Last hint for Part II:

corneliu-vadim-tudor-vrajitoare-poze-cancan.jpg

(@Blebea Cezar-Iulian, any guesses? ;))

I should have it around in two weeks. And I'm excited for what all the other authors are going to post for this TL! :)

To all my fellow co-authors, it is an honor to work with you and this is so very much fun :).

Last edited:
That's weird. Usually it's Rusyns who are considered as a part of the Ukrainian ethnicity (and the Rusyn language as a dialect of the Ukrainian respectively), not vice versa.

Well I’m trying my best to fit the nation’s created post treaty of Warsaw. But your point is valid too. There will be some rusyns who explicitly say that they are Ukrainian first in the census. But don’t want to reveal much. And when it’s written down feel free to critique and I definitely want to know what where and why I messed up :).

Status
Not open for further replies.