New Deal Coalition Retained III: A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
National Conventions Month

Republican Convention - Seattle

“F*** no, are you kidding me? Sure, the guy’s quiet, but he’s been a damn good right-hand man to me. Besides, the neg…. African Americans would have a fit if we sacked him. I won’t be another Jack f***ing Kennedy.” - Ted Bundy, after the idea of replacing James Meredith for VP was suggested.

the VP options that were given to Ted Bundy by Dick Cheney (Bundy refuses, and Meredith is kept on)
  • Attorney General Clarence Thomas
  • General Colin Powell of New York
  • Senator Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey
  • Senator Pat Buchanan of Virginia
  • Secretary of Treasury Donald Trump
  • House Majority Leader George W. Bush of Texas

Speech Live from Enron Park [Seattle Mariners ITL Ballpark]:

[In a break before the event, a thirty second ad plays in the central viewscreen, presumably showing drag race in the desert. The lights slowly dim.

One car, a dull, beat-up Ford Pinto, is covered with old “VOTE FOR IACOCCA” and “VOTE FOR YEAKEL” stickers. (The car choice is likely an allusion to Iacocca's time at Ford, and his decision to greenlight the famous model). The other is a DeLorean sports car painted with an American flag, with the name “BUNDY” etched in colorful letters on the side. At the start of the race, a side view of the first car is shown, with the words “If the Democrats win” at the top of the screen. At the start of the race, the car slowly putters to life, before eventually facing an obstacle, stopping for a second, then suddenly bursting into flames. The second shot shows a birds-eye-view of the first car, still on fire, as the second car races past, doing laps around the first car. The words “Another four years” are displayed on the screen.

The screen switches to the end card, with a man saying “Vote for Bundy, America wins”. The lights slowly come back on, to cheering from the crowd.

President Bundy walks through the crowd of delegates up to the podium as Life in the Fast Lane plays.

He pauses for a second, taking in the crowd, with a grin on his face.]

“My fellow Americans,

Under my presidency, I, and my party, have focused on rallying against the entrenched interests for the last century, the military-industrial complex, the idle wealthy, and the permanent governing class. We have moved through the traffic of Washington, and now, our administration is in the fast lane.

[Audience Cheers]

In the midst of the breakneck speed and dealing, “what do I actually support”, our doubters ask?

Many say I’m an isolationist, but I reject unthinking labels like those. Some say I’m a protectionist but I look forward to building on the trade relationships I have built over the last four years into more business. I also want to connect us more with our Oriental friends. No business development has pleased me more than our renewal of ties with Vietnam. Yet I will never forget to defend our great industrial heartland.

The more we look in my record, the more we see what I support.

Inflation is the hangover after the destructiveness of war. It eats at those who save and makes our fought-for wage increases meaningless. Investment sours without hope of return. Under this administration, we have declared war on inflation, by eliminating parts of government which fail to meet the needs of this upcoming millennium. It is time to enter the 21st century. Wasteful old spending that merely propped up the idiot elite who spend their college years on Sassafras or ecstasy has been eliminated. The TVA, a languishing institution, now is led by one of the great minds of business and continues to provide power for the Tennessee Valley. Let us remember still, our war against war. When, despite the best efforts of our administration, our “allies” in Europe senselessly chose a path of violence that has ravaged our planet on a global scale I pushed back against inertia and kept us out of that worldwide holocaust. I stand against war and its evils, and I am proud to have fought for peace.

I am happy to defend my record, but I wouldn’t be running for president if I didn’t have plans for the future.

This upcoming millennium will be an Urbane Millennium, where great cities will dictate our national landscape. We have worked in this administration and will keep on working after November, to support these great institutions, while encouraging good governance and innovative thinking. Our great metropolises of New York and Boston are just as Really American as the Amber Waves of Grain and the Snow-Capped Peaks of the Rockies!

Our opposition has rejected this notion of greatness and my record on aiding America on its journey to new heights.

Moreover, I want to sweep away the corruption of government subsidies that fill the pockets of the idle rich and landowners and take from the active middle and working poor that power our modern industry.

In the spirit of bipartisanship, I am also willing to look at proposals to reform some fundamental institutions including our senate and our own language’s heritage. Sadly, it seems from the campaign, that both the opposition parties are moving away from this spirit of the data-based policy and move towards a wave of blind anger.

Let us look at the opposition a little more.

Firstly, I am proud to say that the Natural Law Party has not nominated a candidate this year, graciously giving me their endorsement over Congressman Paul at their convention last week. They trust my beliefs and morality and I am glad for their support.

Our main opponents fearmonger that I am an opponent of the working man. They cite the extremist reforms of what the Chattering Class calls the “Dark Horse”, Dennis Moore, compared to my bold reforms as Governor, and note that he repealed right-to-work in Kansas while I passed it back in the other. The Democrats think a return to “the Good Ole Days” will be enough in the 21st century. I’d like to remind them that the Good Ole Days weren’t so good for the African-American, the small business owner, the entrepreneur, the farmer, the mother, and yes, the everyday, brown-bag lunch-bringing, workingman. And I’d like to ask my fellow Americans whether this kind of backward-looking thinking is appropriate for the 21st century.

[The crowd shouts with a resounding “NO!”]

It is true that I have been tough on rogue labor both as Governor and President. But under my presidency, we have seen the greatest increase in take-home pay for middle and lower-class Americans, with inflation, factored, since the Reagan years. We have seen a tri-partisan bill passed which raised the minimum wage. Meanwhile, under the governorship of that convention speaker, Kansas has lagged in the bottom third in that same category. The records speak for themselves.

The congressman [Ron Paul] who claims to stand for a less intrusive government would have you paying for your crazy aunt’s birth control. Because of course, everyone knows that paying for more things is fiscally responsible and unintrusive! As is the taxpayer having no choice in how their money is being spent...For all we know, Congressman Paul might suggest, in the spirit of small government, that we pay for Aunt Becky’s Martinis as well!

[Bundy chuckles.]

Look, I may be rough around the edges, but as Americans know, sometimes a tough guy is needed to get stuff done. I have a squeaky clean record on corruption, and unlike some of my opponents, I don’t have any skeletons in my closet.

But in the end, this isn’t just an election, a choice between three dinner options, it's the start of a new century.

This last century has been an exercise in contrasts, true, our knowledge of flight, computing, and medicine have advanced but abroad we have seen unprecedented violence, hatred, and war around the globe. But here, in the city upon a hill, this century has seen us move forward past our obstacles, past the ugly history of racism, past the evils of drugs, past the idiocy of antiquated economic ideas, past the turmoil in South America, and past the imperialism that so dogged the last two centuries. Let us defend this progress in the face of the darkness. Let us remember not to reflexively reject new ideas and new thinking, without adopting every fly-by-night scheme that appears on the Television. Let us not only envision, but achieve, a better America.

Thank you.”

LuLK-9QCCi4xuzbMMZv_iwl0Wr86GwAUaCZ-rsgVGtmt6BF32t8wKKhUezC1dGXZ4fn2pCgXrsvc2rv8a7NGfJbDh6Ndu-s7tur1PXSUqnWJ5bkyXvcZkXH6i3Tgi_xOwUVel07_

Speakers of the 2000 Republican National Convention

Night One speakers (Monday, July 31st)
  • 7:30 PM: Secretary of Commerce Jeffrey Skilling (R-PA)
  • 8:00 PM: Attorney General Clarence Thomas (R-GA)
“Government cannot make us equal; it can only recognize, respect, and protect us as equal before the law.” - Excerpt from Clarence Thomas’s convention speech
  • 8:30 PM: retired general and Senator Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. (R-FL) delivers the keynote address.
“A professional soldier understands that war means killing people, war means maiming people, war means families left without fathers and mothers. All you have to do is hold your first dying soldier in your arms, and have that terribly futile feeling that his life is flowing out and you can’t do anything about it. Then you understand the horror of war. Any soldier worth his salt should be antiwar. And still, there are things worth fighting for.” - Excerpt from Norman Schwarzkopf Jr.’s convention speech
  • 9:30 PM: actress Mrs. Mariska Hargitay
  • 10:00 PM: Convention adjourned.
Night Two speakers (Tuesday, August 1st)
  • 7:00 PM: Senator and 1992 Republican Presidential Nominee Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
  • 7:30 PM: Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney (R-WY)
  • 8:00 PM: former Vice President of the United States Gerald Ford (R-MI)
  • 8:30 PM: Senator Pat Buchanan (R-VA)
  • 9:00 PM: actor and candidate for U.S. Senate Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA)
“My fellow immigrants, my fellow Americans, how do you know if you are a Republican? I’ll tell you how. If you believe that government should be accountable to the people, not the people to the government, then you are a Republican! If you believe a person should be treated as an individual, not as a member of an interest group, then you are a Republican! If you believe your family knows how to spend your money better than the government does, then you are a Republican! If you believe our educational system should be held accountable for the progress of our children, then you are a Republican! If you believe this country, not the United Nations, is the best hope of freedom in the world, then you are a Republican! If you believe that the American Dream can be reachable if you work hard enough to earn it, then you are a Republican! And, ladies and gentlemen, if you believe we must be fierce and relentless and terminate the endless war, then you are a Republican! There is another way you can tell you’re a Republican. You have faith in free enterprise, faith in the resourcefulness of the American people, and faith in the U.S. economy. Anyway, esteemed delegates of the Republican Party, this is an amazing moment for me. To think that a once scrawny boy from Austria could grow up to become a candidate for the US Senate in the state of California...and then stand--to stand here in Enron Park and speak on behalf of the president of the United States -- that is an immigrant's dream. It is the American dream. My fellow citizens, I want you to know that I believe with all my heart that America remains the greatest idea that inspires the world. It's a privilege to be born here. It's an honor to become a citizen here. It's a gift to raise your family here, to vote here, and to live here. Our president, Ted Bundy, has worked hard to protect and preserve the American dream for all of us. And that's why I say, send him back to Washington for four more years!” - Excerpt from Arnold Schwarzenegger’s convention speech
  • 10:00 PM: former President of the United States Donald Rumsfeld (R-IL)
“There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.” - Excerpt from Donald Rumsfeld’s convention speech about the challenges in the post-Truman doctrine foreign policy.”
  • 10:30 PM: Secretary of State Mitt Romney (R-MA)
  • 11:00 PM: Convention adjourned.
Night Three speakers (Wednesday, August 2nd)
  • 7:00 PM: Speaker of the House Narendra “Nick” Modi (R-TX9)
“I've not come to defeat or to put down anyone... I've come to win the hearts of the people of America.” - Excerpt from Nick Modi’s convention speech about his political motives
  • 7:30 PM: Governor Steven C. Rockefeller (R-NY)
  • 8:00 PM: Secretary of the Treasury Donald J. Trump (R-NY)

“[CarFTA] is the best trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever, believe me.” - Excerpt from Donald Trump’s convention speech
  • 8:30 PM: Senate Majority Whip John Shadegg (R-AZ)
  • 9:00 PM: author and candidate for U.S. Senate Tom Clancy (R-MD)
  • 9:30 PM: Senate Majority Leader Richard Lugar (R-IN)
  • 10:00 PM: Senator George Pataki (R-NY) introduces Vice President Meredith
  • 10:15 PM: former Supreme Court justice and the Vice President of the United States James Meredith (R-NC) acceptance speech
Night Four speakers (Thursday, August 3rd)
  • 7:00 PM: former Vice President of the United States Mike Gravel (R-AK)
  • 7:30 PM: Senate President Pro Tempore Bob Dole (R-KS)
  • 8:00 PM: Party Chair Jim Nicholson (R-IA)
  • 8:30 PM: former first lady of the United States Nancy Reagan (R-CA)
  • 9:00 PM: House Majority Leader George W. Bush (R-TX18)
  • 9:30 PM: actress and the First Lady of the United States Mrs. Jennifer Aniston Bundy (R-WA) introduces President Bundy.
  • 9:45 PM: President Ted Bundy (R-WA) acceptance speech.
  • 10:30 PM: Voting on the first ballot, running unopposed, Bundy and Meredith are confirmed.

Democratic Convention - Boston

Despite Harris Wofford, being in the last place, dropping out of the race and telling his delegates to vote for Bayh, the convention was still deadlocked by the remaining candidates running. With Wofford’s release of his delegates, Evan Bayh was left in third place, following Gephardt and Miller. Realizing that he would not be able to clear the threshold for the nomination, he too would drop out, endorsing John Kerry. Kerry, still being in last place despite the endorsement, refused to drop out and endorse either of the remaining two candidates, leaving the race deadlocked, but leaving him the kingmaker.

VP Selection
  • Former Lt. Governor Mario Cuomo of New York
  • Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana
  • Senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska
  • House Minority Whip Dick Gephardt of Missouri
  • Senator Zell Miller of Georgia
  • Senator Phil Bredesen of Tennessee
  • Former Governor Sam Nunn of Georgia
  • Representative John Kasich of Ohio
eAASRzFLCFp__YuYaiIh3lhcpWaxU_UOVJ3lN7lHHHrbNMSh0C1c1pxkFUayyEoy1Orr4iO_vNBDXBqrW-Nll_5d39nsusNDk7HDs1A2U1Rk8snpl2jG_vcDx2HG8dmPSzsn5Jh6

Speakers of the 2000 Democratic National Convention

Night One Speakers (Monday, August 7th)
  • 7:00 PM: Senate Minority Leader Al Gore Jr. (D-TN) nominates Dick Gephardt
  • 7:30 PM: Congressman Mike Pence (D-IN) nominates Zell Miller
  • 8:00 PM: Congressman John Kasich (D-OH) nominates Evan Bayh
  • 8:30 PM: Senator Owen Bieber (D-MI) nominates Harris Wofford
  • 9:00 PM: former Secretary of State Andrew Bennett nominates John Kerry
  • 9:30 PM: Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) delivers the keynote address.
  • 10:30 PM: Convention adjourned.

Night Two Speakers (Tuesday, August 8th)
  • 6:00 PM: Senator and Presidential nominee John Kerry (D-MA)
  • 6:30 PM: Senator and Presidential nominee Harris Wofford (D-PA)
  • 7:00 PM: 1988 Presidential nominee Dick Celeste (D-OH)
  • 7:30 PM: Senate Minority Whip Trent Lott (D-MS)
  • 8:00 PM: Senator and Presidential nominee Evan Bayh (D-IN)
  • 8:30 PM: former Vice President of the United States and 1996 Presidential nominee Lynn Yeakel (D-PA)
  • 9:00 PM: Senator and Presidential nominee Zell Miller (D-GA)
  • 9:30 PM: Governor and former pretender to the Russian Tsardom Paul Ilyinsky (D-FL)
“I’m a known enemy of both President Bundy and Secretary Donald Trump. The American people ought to know what dirty tricks the two of them are capable of.” - Excerpt from Paul Ilyinsky’s convention speech, referring to his rivalry with Donald Trump, which culminated in a famous incident where the then real-estate developer tried forcing him to give up his post as mayor of St. Petersburg: By giving him the opportunity to move to Russia, where he could claim his standing as Emperor of the FRR. Shockingly, Ilyinsky, showing loyalty to his elected office, refused. He would become a darling of the Democratic establishment.
  • 10:00 PM: House Minority Leader Marcy Kaptur (D-OH9)
  • 10:30 PM: House Minority Whip and Presidential nominee Dick Gephardt (D-MO3)
“This president is a miserable failure on foreign policy which will lead to worse on the economy soon enough and he's gotta be replaced right now.” - Excerpt from Dick Gephardt’s convention speech
Night Three Speakers (Wednesday, August 9th)
  • 6:00 PM: former Governor Sam Nunn (D-GA)
  • 6:20 PM: Voting for the first ballot (Ends in a deadlock), Wofford quits the race and endorses Bayh.
  • 6:40 PM: former Lt. Governor Mario Cuomo (D-NY)
  • 7:00 PM: Voting for the second ballot (Ends in a deadlock), Bayh quits the race and endorses Kerry.
  • 7:30 PM: Governor Kay Bailey Hutchison (D-TX)
  • 8:00 PM: Senator Bob Kerrey (D-NE)
  • 8:30 PM: Governor Dennis Moore (D-KS)
  • 9:00 PM: Voting for the third ballot (Ends in a deadlock)
  • 9:30 PM: Break, negotiations begin between the candidates over how to break the deadlock. Dennis Moore, who had just given the keynote speech of the night, is proposed as a compromise choice. The remaining candidates agree.
  • 10:30 PM: former House Majority Leader and UN ambassador Bill Clinton (D-AR4)

Night Four Speakers (Thursday, August 10th)

• 7:00 PM: 1984 Presidential nominee William Proxmire (D-OH)
  • 7:30 PM: former President of the United States Lee Iacocca (D-MI)
  • 8:00 PM: Governor Rick Santorum (D-PA)
  • 8:30 PM: party chair Terry McAuliffe (D-VA)
  • 8:50 PM: Mrs. Stephene Moore (D-KS) introduces Governor Moore
  • 9:00 PM: Governor Dennis Moore (D-KS) acceptance speech
  • 10:00 PM: Former Lt. Governor Mario Cuomo (D-NY) acceptance speech
  • 10:30 PM: Voting for the fourth ballot.

To the surprise of all, Dennis Moore, a major opponent of Bundy on almost every issue, would be chosen as a compromise candidate, despite not running a campaign in the race.

“I think it was Kerrey who first brought up Moore in the negotiations ...damn bastard refused to endorse Gephardt, Miller, or even Bayh on account of them being “out of touch” with agricultural and military issues. That was all bullshit, of course, Bayh had campaigned on helping farmers, and Fr. Sgt. Zell Miller had been a f***ing marine. A lot of people say the senator was just stubborn, but I heard rumors from people I trust very well saying he met with [Bundy campaign manager for Virginia and Vietnam veteran Jim] Webb. I swear to god, Bundy was pulling the strings, even in the Democratic party. He [Bundy] knew a Bayh/Miller ticket would crush him, so he played dirty. And boy was this dirty...” - An anonymous Democratic delegate when interviewed about the famous convention.

Progressive Convention - Philadelphia

bEBzYCzL3GPqq8oB3Zrqxtwh84JYdqzz-NcqDxeJRJPJOvG-DnchyAA54F2F3AQ6Rspqwd11ymOYX2Jz2FZksqde9z8w_rC2SPZz287X2kJ0peY3Qmorxe7uDRy4Qy4fi8rptq_Z

Speakers of the 2000 Progressive National Convention

Night One (Monday, August 14th)
  • 7:00 PM: Senator Lowell Weicker Jr. (P-CT) nominates Larry Pressler
  • 7:30 PM: Mayor Bernie Sanders (L/P-NY) nominates Ralph Nader
  • 8:00 PM: 1996 Vice Presidential nominee Gary Johnson (P-NM) nominates Ron Paul
  • 8:30 PM: Senator Jerry Brown (P-CA)
  • 9:00 PM: Congresswoman Wilma Mankiller (P-OK2) delivers the keynote address.
  • 10:00 PM: Convention adjourned.

Night Two (Tuesday, August 15th)
  • 7:00 PM: Senate Opposition Leader and 1992 Presidential nominee Dick Lamm (P-CO)
  • 7:30 PM: House Opposition Whip Patty Murray (P-WA1)
  • 8:00 PM: former Senate Opposition Leader and 1980 Presidential nominee George McGovern (P-SD)
“From secrecy and deception in high places, come home, America. From military spending so wasteful that it weakens our nation, come home, America. From the entrenchment of special privileges in tax favoritism; from the waste of idle lands to the joy of useful labor; from the prejudice based on race and sex; from the loneliness of the aging poor and the despair of the neglected sick: come home, America. Come home to the affirmation that we have a dream. Come home to the conviction that we can move our country forward!” - Excerpt from George McGovern’s convention speech
  • 8:30 PM: Senate Opposition Whip Ruth Bader Ginsburg (P-NJ)
  • 9:00 PM: former Congressman and party chair Arne Carlson (P/FL-MN5)
  • 9:30 PM: former Governor and Presidential nominee Ralph Nader (P-CT)
“The Democratic and Republican parties, two apparently distinct political entities feeding at the same corporate trough. Up against the corporate government, voters find themselves asked to choose between look-alike candidates from two parties vying to see who takes the marching orders from their campaign paymasters and their future employers. The money of vested interest nullifies genuine voter choice and trust. The "democracy gap" in our politics and elections spells a deep sense of powerlessness by people who drop out, do not vote, or listlessly vote for the “least worst” every four years and then wonder why after every cycle the “least worst” gets worse. We, as Progressives, cannot be a third “least worst” option, we must be the best option, and I believe we are!” - Excerpt from Ralph Nader’s convention speech
  • 10:00 PM: Larry Pressler, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
  • 10:30 PM: Senator Tom Harkin (P-IA)
Night Three (Wednesday, August 16th)
  • 7:00 PM: 1996 Presidential nominee Fred Tuttle (P-VT)
  • 7:30 PM: House Opposition Leader Ross Perot (P-TX4)
“The most frequently repeated statement by good, hard-working people since the Democratic and Republican conventions have been: "How stupid do they think we are?" … United teams win. Divided teams lose. Play to our multicultural strengths. Stop preaching the messages of hate and division in your campaign themes. And now, a message to both parties. Please remember that those who have participated in the Progressive movement are intelligent, thinking, responsible people. They are not unprogrammed robots who can be emotionally swayed by your negative ads or messages of fear and divisiveness. Bluntly, you will have to face the issues to get their votes. Mud wrestling and messages aimed at destroying your opponent and his loved ones won't work. I love the American people and I am sure that you do, too. I owe them a debt I can never repay and nor do you. Today, their Government is a mess, and they want it fixed. By joining together as the owners of this great country, they can solve these problems. As I've said before, it is time to clean out the barn — join us — pick up a shovel. Get to work!" - Excerpt from Ross Perot’s convention speech
  • 8:00 PM: Lt. Governor of California Eric “Jello Biafra” Boucher (I/P-CA)
  • 8:30 PM: former mayor of San Francisco and Governor Jim Jones (P-CA)
  • 9:00 PM: Senator and 1988 Presidential nominee Patrick Leahy (P-VT)
  • 9:30 PM: former House Opposition Leader Leo Ryan (P-CA11)
  • 10:00 PM: Governor Tim Penny (P/FL-MN)
  • 10:30 PM: Congresswoman Jeanne Shaheen (P-NH1)
Night Four (Monday, August 17th)
  • 7:00 PM: Senator Paul Wellstone (P/FL-MN)
  • 7:30 PM: Congressman and 1984 Presidential nominee John Anderson (P-IL16)
“I had no great sense of failure. I didn’t come out of the campaign with the sense that I’d thrown my career away or thrown my life away on what was a fruitless, feckless endeavor. I felt that I had made my mark on the pages of history and laid down some markers that we now see have been followed.” - Excerpt from John Anderson’s convention speech
  • 8:00 PM: former Energy Director Nat Goldhaber (P-PA)
  • 8:30 PM: Mrs. Carolyn Wells introduces Congressman Paul
  • 8:40 PM: Congressman and Presidential nominee Ron Paul (P-TX22) acceptance speech.
“Having federal officials, judges, bureaucrats, or congressmen, impose a new definition of marriage on the people is an act of social engineering profoundly hostile to liberty.” - Excerpt from Ron Paul’s convention speech about his support for marriage privatization. Some would take it as support for same-sex marriage, though he would remain mum on the issue.
  • 9:30 PM: President of the Federation of College Progressives Nina Turner (P-OH) introduces former Governor Keenan
  • 10:00 PM: former Governor and Vice Presidential nominee Nancy Keenan (P-MT) acceptance speech
"It has been a hard-fought campaign, and while some of us may disagree on the details, this party is united in promoting the Open Society, A Society of Free Women and Men unmoored by the Silent Oppression of Conformity, the Ossification of Our Institutions, and the Rejection of Reason that stands in the way of lifting every single American into the bright future that stands ahead." - Excerpt from Nancy Keenan's convention speech
  • 10:30 PM: Voting on the first ballot, Paul wins a majority, precluding the need for any more.
VP Selection
  • Former Governor Nancy Keenan of Montana
  • Representative Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire
  • Former Governor Ralph Nader of Connecticut
  • Former Energy Director Nat Goldhaber of Pennsylvania

Now, with the three conventions behind, the first presidential campaign of the new millennium can truly commence...

Last edited:
“I think it was Kerrey who first brought up Moore in the negotiations ...damn bastard refused to endorse Gephardt, Miller, or even Bayh on account of them being “out of touch” with agricultural and military issues. That was all bullshit, of course, Bayh had campaigned on helping farmers, and Fr. Sgt. Zell Miller had been a f***ing marine. A lot of people say the senator was just stubborn, but I heard rumors from people I trust very well saying he met with [Bundy campaign manager for Virginia and Vietnam veteran Jim] Webb. I swear to god, Bundy was pulling the strings, even in the Democratic party. He [Bundy] knew a Bayh/Miller ticket would crush him, so he played dirty. And boy was this dirty...” - An anonymous Democratic delegate when interviewed about the famous convention.

Oh come on

That said, Dennis Moore seems fine enough for a NDCR Democrat

Threw this together real quick

Washington Post, Tuesday, August 1st, 2000

Hargitay Gives Controversial RNC Speech

... However, the biggest story from the convention last night was a speech from a non-politician. Mariska Hargitay, arguably the most high profile Republican actress, was invited to give the keynote speech of the night. However, Hargitay is also known for having praised the works of Gerhard Frey and called for closer relationships between the US and Germany. While her speech started in praise of Bundy for his economic policies and tripartisanship, eventually the subject moved towards foreign policy. In what appeared to be an attack on Bundy's isolationism, Hargitay said "It is not enough for America to be a shining city on the hill. It has become clear that the world is descending into authoritarianism, despite the fall of communism. America has the resources to do more than just be an example, we must support those who fight for freedom and liberty around the world." That, along with Hargitay delivering part of her speech in Spanish in a call for the people of Peru to fight against the increasingly popular "neo-inca" cult, revived boos from the audience. The Bundy campaign as well as the RNC have refused to comment on the speech.

"Mariska's a close friend of the wife and an ally in the fight to bring prosperity to America. We agree on many things and I am a big fan of Law & Order, they say the prosecutor character was based on me."
-
President Bundy-

"President Bundy has been a good President on most counts, and he's the only one with the guts to fight for democracy against the drug lords in South America. I just hope we carry on the spirit of Reagan and Rumsfeld into all of the world."
-Mariska Hargitay on Buckley News-

"I like Jennifer, but I don't know... something about the President just gives me the creeps."
-8/12/2000 hot mic tape discovered in 2002 of Mariska Hargitay talking to Chris Meloni, Michael Moriarty, and Jerry Orbach on the set of Law and Order-

Mariska's a Republican? I thought someone said she was going to be the first Progressive president?

None. He went into politics versus killing people. Yes, I know what I said.

Actually, IIRC, he still did his original killing spree in Washington, but pinned those on Ken Bianchi, then went into politics.

None. He went into politics versus killing people. Yes, I know what I said.
Mariska's a Republican? I thought someone said she was going to be the first Progressive president?

Actually, IIRC, he still did his original killing spree in Washington, but pinned those on Ken Bianchi, then went into politics.
I'll answer these two questions together:

Mariska's dad was a Hungarian bodybuilder. ITTL, he became an anti-Focoist activist - this caused the SLA to assassinate him during the Wallace era. Mariska was close to him and this turned her into a fervent anti-communist

Bundy is alleged to have a similar trail of deaths in Washington that he pinned on various serial killers and murderers he came across as a prosecutor. When getting into the government, he got his rocks off putting through policies that would cause many executions and police shootings (getting a man sentenced to death being as much of a thrill as killing one personally), and as President he'd often request detailed casualty reports of the Drug War and the Great Southern War (perhaps one should ask why he took the avenue that would make the war happen). However, sometimes the stress would be too much. Perhaps he did go back to his old ways...?

Okay.

So, given that you are running this thread, I just want to ask a few questions: are there any active Russian reunification movements, or movements opposing Spanish/French recolonization efforts activities in Latin America?
I'm not running the thread. Just providing context of the world i created.
The Great Southern War was partly fought on the Spanish/French/Portuguese efforts

Okay.

So, given that you are running this thread, I just want to ask a few questions: are there any active Russian reunification movements, or movements opposing Spanish/French recolonization efforts activities in Latin America?

Both of these questions will be answered in future updates

Status
Not open for further replies.