Kind of pedantical about a minor point that happened waaaaayyy back when, but I was doing a reread, and the status of Algeria still bugs me.

Idk, I have no way of viewing that outcome as remotely possible.

Congressman who is the cure President of the Republic of Vietnam and is it a democracy now?

Additionally, will Reagan do a tour of Asia-Pacific region at some point?

Did Khanh win it democratically?

Okay.
For the most part, yes, though no one of any real weight ran against him. Basically the political spectrum in Vietnam is like the different white parties in Apartheid South Africa. There are generally free elections, but Khanh and the Liberal party get the lion's share of the seats. He's retiring after his third term is up, though.
@The Congressman, will the Electoral College numbers be changed from 1984 onwards from OTL?
Yeah. Slight changes :)

For the most part, yes, though no one of any real weight ran against him. Basically the political spectrum in Vietnam is like the different white parties in Apartheid South Africa. There are generally free elections, but Khanh and the Liberal party get the lion's share of the seats. He's retiring after his third term is up, though.
I see so South Vietnam is a Dominant-Party System for the time being?

Perhaps Nguyễn Văn Thiệu and his National Social Democratic Front will gain power in the future.

By the way, what is the interval for South Vietnamese Presidential elections and National Assembly elections?

I see so South Vietnam is a Dominant-Party System for the time being?

Perhaps Nguyễn Văn Thiệu and his National Social Democratic Front will gain power in the future.

By the way, what is the interval for South Vietnamese Presidential elections and National Assembly elections?
Four year terms, like the US. National Assembly every two years
How well is Vietnam doing economically?
Asian Tiger, but lagging behind the others due to the damage by the war

:)

Now that makes this TL really plausible. With a stronger American economy, I guess the Northeast and Midwest won't lose their electoral weight as fast as IOTL.

God Bless with the photoshopping of Electoral maps from 1984. I also tried it, it's painstaking, but it's fun. really fun.

Bryton

Banned
Next time on NDCR:

rockwell.jpg

Oh.
Shit.