New Color Scheme

You do realise there's absolutely nothing English about Brittany, right? Except possibly in the sense that the Holy Roman Empire was holy, Roman, and an empire.

Brittany was part of Angevin territory at times. That shifted around a little. But in that case, you would simply color that territory as part of England. Why a separate color for "France controlled from Britain?" You would just color it British, wouldn't you?

Brittany was part of Angevin territory at times. That shifted around a little. But in that case, you would simply color that territory as part of England. Why a separate color for "France controlled from Britain?" You would just color it British, wouldn't you?

Alright, your last point is fair enough, I'll take out that color. :)

I don't really see the point in a new colour scheme; if you want to use your own colours, that's fine, but you'll need to include a key on maps regardless of whether it's just you using it or a small handful of people. TACOS had this problem in its early days, too, but has the benefit of being very similar to RCS (so people can just pick and choose what TACOS colours to use if RCS doesn't have suitable ones).

TACOS also works as an ATL alternative to RCS; RCS has OTL colours galore, but TACOS has some for ATL countries. This new colour scheme doesn't really fill a niche.

Eh, I'd think that the Angevin Empire was a more distinctive entity than that. It was France ruled from Britain, sure, but it was more French than British wasn't it? I think a distinctive colour would work just fine, since the situation was rather more than British France but not quite French Britain.

Eh, I'd think that the Angevin Empire was a more distinctive entity than that. It was France ruled from Britain, sure, but it was more French than British wasn't it? I think a distinctive colour would work just fine, since the situation was rather more than British France but not quite French Britain.

The solution to that is usually doing something with the outline, isn't it? I always forget, but it would either be blue with pink outline or pink with blue outline. Though the old UCS maps simply color it pink.

I'm excited to see how this develops. The colors so far look beautiful. I tried making a color scheme a little while ago based on the bold new concept of assigning two colors to each nation. It got shouted down, unfortunately, but I still had fun making it. I'm looking forward to seeing some awesome maps using these colors.

Miranda

I tried making a color scheme a little while ago based on the bold new concept of assigning two colors to each nation. It got shouted down, unfortunately
Some people didn't see much the point of it, but we discussed it, and you decided to shut it down, which wasn't what people asked you to do, and even less ordered to.

My takes on, not specifically yours or hers, colours scheme is that cosmetic changes only aren't that going to be used because...well, frankly there's a lot of these already which don't bring anything new or filling some needs.

I didn't asked you, and I don't ask her to end your work, but just points that in order to not make another one of "my personal choice of colour should be used by other peoples" stillborn projects, it may have to be a bit more complex and deep than that.

I've thought about it, but it seems to be pretty unnecessary in most people's eyes.

As people said, it doesnt fill a niche or a specific need : there's a lot of people that use their own custom colours set, without formalizing it because it would be redundant to have another one number of formalized system.

aRCS/RCS is pretty much about OTL geopolitical representatios, TACOS fits wildly different ATLs, GCS is all about simplicity...

Maybe that, if your IAPT colours scheme is to last, you need to search which specific needs it adress, besides new colours?

- Specifically develloped for ASB or Shared Worlds' Map games
- Designed to focus on international situations rather than nationals (EU, OTAN, Russia/Iran/Syria, religions, Islamism, Communism, etc.)
- Political-based cs (there's some rather informal cs about that), with colours depending on the political affiliation.
- Designed for a specific region, and not the whole world
- etc.

There's a lot of possibilities that currently used CS don't adress, and probably can't. Either as a totally new set, or a variant of an already existing one (roughly what aRCS is to RCS), that's how IMO you could make something good.

Now, don't take it as a tentative to shout it down, because it's not. It's just me, trying (maybe failing) to give constructive criticism about it.

Yeah personally, i dont find it necessaryfor a total redesign or replacement color scheme. I find it nice to have a broader range of colors to choose from for my maps and its fun to shake it up a bit ya know? So keep it up!