New Anglo-Dutch Empire Map

Darkest

Banned
For Flocculencio, from Darkest, with love. May I see your timeline in battle in the future.

Note: I found the A-D Empire maps very fuzzy and crowded. So, I set out to remake them. I spent maybe ten hours on this thing, as the two maps are different sizes and I had to compensate with some more difficult techniques. Overall, I'm happy with it, but it could use a new color scheme, and I don't think I did the Americas very perfectly. Europe and Asia, though, man, I believe I got it down very precise-like. It'll do your timeline well, in my opinion, at least.

Anyway, I hope you use this. When you add text, do it very neatly so that it looks hecka cool, no lines or text overlapping. But you probably already know that.

Enjoy!

Anglodutch Map.PNG

Ahh yes, Orange World.....

Possible future members of the Imperial Commonwealth could be Portugal, Poland, Hungary, the Philippines, Sweden, and Demark........but hey, that's just my speculation.......

Darkest

Banned
If Orange took Portugal in... man, they'd own the world. Actually, they own it already. They should just adopt everyone into a world federation run on a similiar government style.

I can't remember, Flocc, were these guys colonizing Mars yet?

Nope, not Mars- they had a few moonbases up an running, one of which is pretty large scale with a few thousand inhabitants. It sends one MP to the UK's Parliament (though not the Imperial Parliament).

Excellent, excellent map :cool:

As for Portugal joining the Commonwealth, they don't really need to- they've been the Empire's number one ally for most of the past three centuries and pretty much get all the benefits of being a member anyway. In OTL terms think of them as the UK to the Empire's US.

In any case they're sitting pretty with the other second-tier Powers (France, Spain, Austria and Louisiana)

You should've probably PM'd Flocculencio about this before you posted it, Darkest. Anyway, I've noticed a few mistakes on your version of the map, such as Anglo-Dutch areas in French East Africa and the shape of some borders. Other than that, it's good. :)

Untitled-1.png

You should've probably PM'd Flocculencio about this before you posted it, Darkest.

Nah, it ain't a problem. In the original thread, I did put out an open invitation for material so long as it didn't contradict what had already been written and wasn't at a date later than 2005.

Darkest

Banned
Ah, East Africa, I noticed that, but I was too excited with getting all of Africa colored in that I declared it finished. Not too hard to fix, though.

Check it out.

Anglodutch Map.PNG

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Nice clean up, Darkest - I've been meaning to do that for ages but never got around to it...

Flocc's TL's really changed the map quite a lot from the original one which I gave him as an inspiration (this was supposed to be circa 1950, IIRC) :

Orange World 2.gif

Yeah, but it was still a good source of inspiration.

I never did get around to explaining how Sweden got it's hands on Vinland :D

And the whole Scottish secession stemmed from the fact that you had kept them separate on the original map

Yeah, but it was still a good source of inspiration.

I never did get around to explaining how Sweden got it's hands on Vinland :D

And the whole Scottish secession stemmed from the fact that you had kept them separate on the original map

Vinland was the bone tossed to the Swedes after the expulsion of the French from Quebec........that's my guess......

Thande

Donor
Sweden: I think it's mainly because I like to throw in random minor colonial powers...when you think about how the Belgian or even German colonial empires came from nowhere in OTL...and really the French and Anglodutch wouldn't care much about that icebound territory north of the populated part of Quebec, except for the bits profitable to the Hudson's Bay Company.

EDIT: Bugger. Just realised that I'd given said profitable Hudson's Bay Company bits to Denmark and Sweden. Sorry Flocc, there's no way that would happen, is there? :eek:

Scotland was only linked by a royal union at the time of William of Orange, much as the Netherlands was, so without the Act of Union I just had the idea that instead of the Netherlands going its separate way, Scotland does instead...