Neutral Britain in WWI's post-war relations with victorious Germany

Why oh why is China always divided?

Good question? Both Britain and the US opposed partition of China. Could see Japan securing something in Manchuria, especially with concern about communism but not likely that other areas would come under foreign control. At least unless some Chinese group did something stupid, which I think is unlikely.

Steve

My updated 1930s map. It shows the US in a state of "armed isolationism", where it essentially begins meddling in the affairs of the other American states, especially the Central American nations. It grows increasingly hostile to European interference in American politics, and begins building up it's armed forces to protect it's sphere of influence from any "foreign interlopers".

That would be a nasty complication for everybody but especially the Latinos and ultimately the US.

Steve

Ah... eh... uhm... well, the Chinese Civil War in the late 20s (that helped set the stage for the compexities of the Asian theatre [and the diplomatic situation therein] of the Second Great War) is interesting to read about! Yes, that's it:eek:!
Even if it can't apply here, and Carving Out Parts of China could be... well, you know, a bit excessive when the zone of influence thingy might apply. Except for Japan, in the Milit case.

There is still a Chinese Civil War in this timeline. The territories under Japanese, British, Soviet and German rule aren't directly controlled by them, they are warlords each under the influence of a different foreign power who provides them backing in the way of materials and weapons.

HSB,

Goa in India should still belong to Portugal as should several other Indian west coast cities.

I guess the french ones will have gone to GB as there is no way in hell they'd allow the Germans to get them.:D

HSB,

Goa in India should still belong to Portugal as should several other Indian west coast cities.

I guess the french ones will have gone to GB as there is no way in hell they'd allow the Germans to get them.:D

Oh c'mon! The map doesn't even feature Hawaii... :p

There is still a Chinese Civil War in this timeline. The territories under Japanese, British, Soviet and German rule aren't directly controlled by them, they are warlords each under the influence of a different foreign power who provides them backing in the way of materials and weapons.
Why not mark them as being part of China, but influenced by their respective patron country?

Why not mark them as being part of China, but influenced by their respective patron country?

Cause they are warlords...they aren't controlled by the central government. It's not exactly a "We're warlords but everyone is Kuomintang" situation like in OTL.

Cause they are warlords...they aren't controlled by the central government.
Yes, but they aren't independent countries as such, either. One could take a look at how the warlords are marked in the OTL maps on this site, for instance.

Yes, but they aren't independent countries as such, either. One could take a look at how the warlords are marked in the OTL maps on this site, for instance.

Because they are each claiming to be the true Chinese government for one thing. Why would they have the same colors as the central green government?

Because they are each claiming to be the true Chinese government for one thing. Why would they have the same colors as the central green government?
For one thing, to clarify that they aren't claiming to be a different state from China, but a different government for China. The Soviets' Turkestani warlord, and the Manchurian warlord of the Japanese, would be somewhat suspect in that respect. There should be some indication of which region is a warlord claiming to be China, and which isn't. Chinese Green outline, for example.

For one thing, to clarify that they aren't claiming to be a different state from China, but a different government for China. The Soviets' Turkestani warlord, and the Manchurian warlord of the Japanese, would be somewhat suspect in that respect. There should be some indication of which region is a warlord claiming to be China, and which isn't. Chinese Green outline, for example.

Something like this?

TerranReich1chi.png

Yes, something like that. Hm... so East Turkestan doesn't claim to be China's rightful government, but Manchuria does? Int-er-est-ing...

Yup, it's similar to the OTL government under Pu-Yi, but it claims to be the resurrected Qing Empire.

But the British would have to come in with Belgium. No matter what the Pro-Frenchies say they would come in. I am going to right a TL about this but I was wondering about Russia. And I think that Germany would probably take a chunk out of Poland for revenge. But they wouldn't do much more then occupy Austria, but maybe they would vote to join Germany.

But the British would have to come in with Belgium. No matter what the Pro-Frenchies say they would come in. I am going to right a TL about this but I was wondering about Russia. And I think that Germany would probably take a chunk out of Poland for revenge. But they wouldn't do much more then occupy Austria, but maybe they would vote to join Germany.
Um ... who exactly would they be getting revenge against by taking a chunk out of Poland?

I suppose I could see Germany trying to move the border to the old partition border they held prior to the Napoleonic Wars, but really by that point Germany had no interest in adding even more Poles to their state. The most common theory I've heard is creating a rump Polish state out of Congress Poland, and then encouraging the Polish population in Germany to assimilate or emigrate to rump-Poland.

Um ... who exactly would they be getting revenge against by taking a chunk out of Poland?

I suppose I could see Germany trying to move the border to the old partition border they held prior to the Napoleonic Wars, but really by that point Germany had no interest in adding even more Poles to their state. The most common theory I've heard is creating a rump Polish state out of Congress Poland, and then encouraging the Polish population in Germany to assimilate or emigrate to rump-Poland.
Aye, annexing (more) Poland wasn't that common an idea. Annexing the area of the VBH, or just Courland, were slightly more common ideas, though, so at a stretch there's something to annex as revenge from Russia.