Netflix's "Hollywood"

MaxGerke01

Banned
I finally got around to watching the series and I was impressed. As an AH fan I love the AH element it has and would love to see more from you on this timeline :)

I finally got around to watching the series and I was impressed. As an AH fan I love the AH element it has and would love to see more from you on this timeline :)

I've actually been thinking about rewatching it. Glad you enjoyed it too. Definitely think that most AH fans can appreciate the show, even if it is clear wish-fulfillment at some level.

As far as the TL goes, until recently I had hit a bit of a writer's block wall, mainly with where to go past 1960, but I have some ideas that I am going to look into.

I hadn’t heard of this project, and while some may criticize its woke/diversity angle, similar to For All Mankind, it sounds interesting. I find it fascinating that a lot of recent AH television works aren’t obvious stuff like Confederacy/Nazi victories but rather lower-stakes political stuff like 1983 (Poland stays communist) or the upcoming CBC production La Maison Bleue ('96 Quebec independence referendum succeeds, comedy ensues).

Didn't the people who did Game of Thrones try to make a Confederate television show? Of course, it being what it was some people hated it and I haven't heard much in the way of what happened to that alt-history show. Was it killed off or is that show still going to air at some point?

Didn't the people who did Game of Thrones try to make a Confederate television show? Of course, it being what it was some people hated it and I haven't heard much in the way of what happened to that alt-history show. Was it killed off or is that show still going to air at some point?

Killed off. The first dagger was - in my opinion - an overabundance of wokeness immediately believing that the show would somehow glorify the confederate cause rather than presenting an interesting historical scenario while showing the horrifying realities of slavery.

The second dagger that truly truly ended any possibility was Game of Thrones Season 8 and the realization that we could never entrust such a high value television show to those two.

But seriously, Confederate as a concept would need to be handled with delicate care which is not something D&D are good at.

Killed off. The first dagger was - in my opinion - an overabundance of wokeness immediately believing that the show would somehow glorify the confederate cause rather than presenting an interesting historical scenario while showing the horrifying realities of slavery.

The second dagger that truly truly ended any possibility was Game of Thrones Season 8 and the realization that we could never entrust such a high value television show to those two.

But seriously, Confederate as a concept would need to be handled with delicate care which is not something D&D are good at.

I agree the last season proved they couldn't do something as great as this. Kind of sucks as I was really looking forward to having some great alt-history shows on tv. We could really do with some truly great alt-history shows. But I guess for right now we'll just have to make do with people making books and stories about that.