Nazi Architecture madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of you know Hitler dream of Capitol "Germania"
but there were more plans for Citys of Third Reich

the "Führerstädten" Berlin, München, Nurmberg, Hamburg, Linz

Berlin or Hitler called its "Welthauptstadt" in eng: "capitol of the World" :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146III-373%2C_Modell_der_Neugestaltung_Berlins_%28%22Germania%22%29.jpg

the picture shows The North-South Axis pland by Albert Speer (and others)
from the Trainstation Tempelhof-Schöneberg south and Aerodrom Tempelhof in North
this "The Avenue Of Victory" has two major buildings
The Arch Of Triumph for Endsieg with high of 100 meter

and Halle des Volkes one of bigges building ever plan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkshalle
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1986-029-02%2C_%22Germania%22%2C_Modell_%22Große_Halle%22.jpg

a massive granite podium 315 by 315 meter
The dome of the Volkshalle was to rise from it
with The diameter of the dome of 250 metres
DomedHall.jpg

inside a forum for 180000 listeners.
prise for Berlin 500 BILLION reichsmark for next 20 years

München or "the city of the Movment" how Hitler called it
with new the West-East Axis "The Avenue Of Triumph"
west point has gigantic new Train Station in size of Halle des Volkes !!! :eek:
instead of Arch is a Victory a gigantic Victory Column almost 250 meter high
at east point are The Ehrentempel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrentempel

Nürmberg "the city of NSDAP meetings"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin_Field
already bulid Party buildings, there were more plans
400px-Karte_Reichsparteitagsgelände_Nürnberg_1940.png

in Pink the Plans

Kongresshalle, a diameter of 250 meters Congress Hall for 50000 seats

800px-Nürnberg_-_Reichsparteitagsgelände.jpg

Deutsche Station just the world's largest stadium for 400000 seats.

Marzfeld - 4 time bigger as Luitpold Hall for 64000 people.

Hamburg
a Suspension Bridge (bigger as Golden Gate bridge) over river Elbe

NSDAP headquarter in form of Skyscraper with gigantic swastica NEON signs on top of it :eek:
(so everyone how enter city habor by ship, can see it)
Hitler wandet the buliding, bigger as Empire staate Buliding !
the Bridge and HQ form new Axis with a Avenue.

Linz or die "Fuhrerstad"
Hitler wandet to Retirement after WW2 or "Endsieg" in City of Linz
the town had dominated by two gigantic Building
the Hitler Residence
the world's largest art museum with a million of Paintings and sculptures :rolleyes:

all of the "Führerstädten" are among connected by Highways and Railway

and this only Hitler Ideas
there were also insane plans of Herman Göring, Heinrich Himmler etc.
the totalcost are around 2500 Billion Reichsmark ! (1950-1970)
the "Generalplan Ost" for East Europe cost the same :eek:
were to hell the Nazi get 5 Trillion Reichsmark ?!

Ironically. Hitler hated big cities, and his ideal were smal Villages :D

and my opinion on those Plans ?
98-animate.gif

Source:
TV Doku "Nazi Megabauten" part 1 to 4 by germand Spiegel TV
"Wenn Hitler den Krieg gewommen hätte" by Ralph Giordano
Isbn 3-462-02944-4

Germania would have been the first capital to sink into the ground, because it had enough trouble keeping Berlin up there as it was.

When I see all those plans for those somewhat *cough* oversized buildings I KNOW that historians are correct about the terminal inferiority complex of Germany especially during the 2nd Kaiserreich and the 3rd Reich.
Overcompensation to the n-th degree...

I should say something on the lines of "awful Nazi megalomaniacs" but I SO love absurd, monumental architecture...

I found this picture of München gigantic Train Station
Planed by the German architect Paul Bonatz in 1938/39

had they build, its it had size 383,5 meter ø and dome high of 116,65 meter
with more internal volume as Halle des Volkes and had biggest 360 ° Window in the World

the German Railways say to this plan: no no no.
Hitler as he saw the model: Yes, Yes, Yes !

the gigantic Victory Column 6,6 km away from the Train Station
had to be a 212 meters high Marble column.
with Eagle (plating with gold) in size of 37,5 meters and wingspan of 33 meters.

Along the 6,6 km "The Avenue Of Triumph"
had to be biggest Opera in the world, three times in size of Paris Opera

Source:
http://www.nexusboard.net/sitemap/6365/munchen-hauptstadt-der-bewegung-t296575/

mnchentd6.jpg

I saw a show on these once, apart from the sinking problem, which alot of these buildings would have, they actually concluded
that some of these buildings could'nt actually be built, as they'd literally collapse in on themselves before they were completed
using the plans the Nazi's would've used.

Al-Buraq

Banned
It wasn't all madness. Remember Tempelhof. The World's first modern airport.
When European and American air travellers were presented with a grass strip and a shed, Tempelhof had all of the characteristics of a modern airport ( excluding delays and surly security staff). It was also the first to be fully integrated into its city's transportation system, something for which Heathrow (built more than ten years later) had to wait until 1977 to achieve and New York airports still lack.

Personally, I like the really huge works, but I think the smaller apartment blocks and general public housing would end up being Stalinist looking. I never found any good details of those buildings.

I find a Nazi Archutechture "Impressive" but I'm not sure if the "Volkshalle" is really possible. Seriously, that would take alot of work to build, and as I recall reading in "Fatherland," the building ends up having it's own rain from all the people breathing on the inside. is that actually possible?

Also, its a bit of a problem for Hitler himself. He'd look awfully small next to it.

I find a Nazi Archutechture "Impressive" but I'm not sure if the "Volkshalle" is really possible. Seriously, that would take alot of work to build, and as I recall reading in "Fatherland," the building ends up having it's own rain from all the people breathing on the inside. is that actually possible?

The Fatherland author may be no architect, but I heard this actually happen when somewhere in America, the biggest hangar ever was built.

Also, its a bit of a problem for Hitler himself. He'd look awfully small next to it.

True dat. They even were aware of that problem, but found no solution. (Big TV walls weren't invented yet.)

Zepplin hangers were known to have their own internal rainfall. Moisture rises from the bottom of the building along with heat, collecting at the top and falling back down as rain.

It would need some serious de-humidifiers.

Cook

Banned
When I see all those plans for those somewhat *cough* oversized buildings I KNOW that historians are correct about the terminal inferiority complex of Germany especially during the 2nd Kaiserreich and the 3rd Reich.
Overcompensation to the n-th degree...

Jotun’s not saying it but I will.

Given those architectural dreams I think it’s safe to say very few senior Nazi’s had more than 3 inches.

Honestly, I have to ask this though: where are the skyscrapers? None-of these builds save for the obelisks are specifically phallic (I would say the stadium is the opposite).

Not that I am defending Nazi genitalia or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.