Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Holy Teutonic empire

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • German Teutonic empire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • German Empire

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters
Based off various posts I asked before, but I’ll ask again.

If the Holy Roman Empire was reenstatied after the Napoleonic Wars, and Prussia kicked out Austria, and unified the HRE under a Hohenzollern, and calls for national unification, What would be the Name of this United HRE

Wait: to clarify, is it Grossdeutschland or Kleindeutschland? Kicking out Austria would imply the latter, but given that Tyrol, Styria, Carnolia, and Austria proper were all parts of the HRE (not to mention the weird situation of Czech Bohemia) it could be that they are in fact unifying all of the HRE except for the Kingdom of Italy according to the OP.

If it is Grossdeutschland, I could imagine it being something like the Empire of the German Nation. Otherwise simply Garetor's German Empire idea would probably be what resulted.

Garetor

Gone Fishin'
The British and Russians would be having kittens. I daresay a united Germany would infuriate them as much as Napoleon coming for a third go.

Wait: to clarify, is it Grossdeutschland or Kleindeutschland? Kicking out Austria would imply the latter, but given that Tyrol, Styria, Carnolia, and Austria proper were all parts of the HRE (not to mention the weird situation of Czech Bohemia) it could be that they are in fact unifying all of the HRE except for the Kingdom of Italy according to the OP.

If it is Grossdeutschland, I could imagine it being something like the Empire of the German Nation. Otherwise simply Garetor's German Empire idea would probably be what resulted.

Let’s say it’s Kleindeutschland, but during a equivilant to Austro-Prussian war, they take the title of Holy Roman (German) Emperor, and most of the Sudetenland lands

Last edited:
Also just something. I chos to add Teutonic in some of the names because of two reason and interpretations:

1. Teutonic can be referencing the Teutonic Knights, who inhabited the lands where Prussia stands, and has some influence on the culture, also it keeps the Empire “Holy”
  2. Teutonic is also the denotation of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family

I don't think a Protestant-led Empire would keep the "Holy". Because originally the "Holy" referred to the Pope's role in elevating German Kings to become Emperors.

I don't think a Protestant-led Empire would keep the "Holy". Because originally the "Holy" referred to the Pope's role in elevating German Kings to become Emperors.

True, but I think they can change the meaning of “Holy” they can use Holy as in both Catholics and Protestant.

Although I do agree that someone COUGH*Bismarck*COUGH, could try to secularized the Empire

Based off various posts I asked before, but I’ll ask again.

If the Holy Roman Empire was reenstatied after the Napoleonic Wars, and Prussia kicked out Austria, and unified the HRE under a Hohenzollern, and calls for national unification, What would be the Name of this United HRE
Absolutely impossible. Any restauration of the Holy Roman Empire will put that Crown back on Francis II’s head with his son elected King of the Romans. Plus you can not take away Bohemia (who is an electorate) and Austria out of it, put the Prussia as leader and still call it Holy Roman Empire. For a Prussian leadership on Germany you need to go with the OTL route (and is still evitable in that case)