N/A

bookmark95

Banned
I Hate These F***ING Cliffhangers....

It's been over a year since you last updated. You left us a critical moment:

* What becomes of J. Edgar Hoover's career?
* What will be the card up Nixon's sleeve against the black file?
* How does Black America react to the first high-profile lynching in decades?
* Will a Civil Rights bill pass?
* Does Thomas Dewey get to tear down Jim Crow and mafia power?

There are other things going on as well
* How do the French respond with a new fascist government?
* What does Angola become as the crown jewel of a European colonial empire?
* How does the Congo fair as a new front in the Cold War?

Please update soon: this really excites me so! :D

Goddamn bumpers, making me think there was an update!

IIRC, the author is in the middle of university (doctorate maybe?) and is thusly very busy. The update will come when it does- I look forward to it as much as you do.

And to all other lurkers- please don't bump. Please!

Stolengood

Banned
It's been a long while since I looked at Indonesia, and so you probably know a little more about this topic than I do. Looking over the available articles though, I wouldn't say there'd be much radical change from OTL.

There might be some minor changes in the way the CAZ is treated by the Dutch government. Doubtless the West Irian conflict would discursively highlight the plight of the exiled Moluccans, and accelerate decision-making over their eventual fate within the Netherlands. This would bring forward their legal assimilation into Dutch society into the mid-1960s, rather than the 1970s. I wouldn't think they'd have a future in West Papua, really.

As for the cause of the RMS, I wouldn't think Amsterdam would risk further complications in supporting them. The cost of a settlement between the Netherlands and Indonesia might well be the expulsion and cutting of any ties with this so-called RMS 'government in exile.' I would guess that Amsterdam would just want to move forward and minimise all risk of alienating Jakarta and Washington - who don't really want another conflict of this nature randomly erupting - by doing so.

EDIT: Without bumping necessarily, I'd like to also propose a small retcon to chapter XVI. In the section detailing the election of Gerald Ford as Speaker, I said that Leslie C. Arends was one of the 'Young Turks' responsible for his ascension to the dais. He could not be: I made him Secretary for Agriculture in Chapter II. If I could edit the chapter I would cut his name out of XVI, but since I can't, I'll just ask anyone reading to ignore his inclusion in that chapter.
Speaking of chapters.

Stolengood

Banned
Massively indecent.
Before you go making accusations, why not take a minute to notice that the author might not even be alive any more? How do we even know? :( Nobody knows because nobody's checked for an update or even posted in this thread in nearly two years.

"Indecent"? The TL author might be deceased, for all we know!

Japhy

Banned
Before you go making accusations, why not take a minute to notice that the author might not even be alive any more? How do we even know? :( Nobody knows because nobody's checked for an update or even posted in this thread in nearly two years.

"Indecent"? The TL author might be deceased, for all we know!
Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. You have no grounds to even bring up the issue. The fact that you are rebranding the way you treat writers on this site as concern for them just makes this worse. Yes it's indecent. At some point you need to mature and realize that people aren't writing for you and that it's not your place to abuse authors or necro threads to complain that you haven't gotten updates in a long time.

If memory serves, I have heard from the author since the last post of this timeline. I have seen them lurking some time ago, if not posting. I have not heard from them in a while, but I assume everything is fine. In the meantime, for the love of Nixon's mother, avoid posting necromancy of this thread and let's let this be the end of it.

I have to know. Did it even *occur* to you to check his profile for the last time he logged in, check out the dates of his most recent threads and posts, or send him a PM? Or any of the other million things you could have done instead of necromancy?

Stolengood

Banned
I have to know. Did it even *occur* to you to check his profile for the last time he logged in, check out the dates of his most recent threads and posts, or send him a PM? Or any of the other million things you could have done instead of necromancy?
I can't access his profile.

We should stop posting now. Until the timeline is continued or rebooted, or whatever our numeric author may decide, let us leave it be. Even in terms of commenting to the comments we're posting now.