My thread is blocked for new comments

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by yboxman, Jul 16, 2017.

1. yboxman Well-Known Member

Hey, my thread was last updated in April and it now seems to be blocked to further comments. How do I unblock it?

2. LSCatilina Feudal Leftist Extraordinaire

SpanishSpy and Al Smith For Real like this.
  3. Lalli Well-Known Member

It would help if you would tell what thread and what you mean that it is blocked. At least that thread which LSCatilina posted seems being fine. Not locked, no necro warning box and there is still message box. So where and what exactly is problem?

SpanishSpy and Al Smith For Real like this.
  4. yboxman Well-Known Member

The "an execution preempted thread" https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...u-incident-russian-empire-centered-tl.369488/

The thread statues is "not open for further replies" with a "locked" icon.
    In the bottom of the page is a "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Never saw anything like it.

last post in the thread was in April, last post by me was in Oct 2016. Which is, I admit, pretty darn long, but below the necro limit.

5. SaveAtlacamani Capitalist Communist Donor

I think the necro limit is generally considered to be six months. If you want to update your TL again, @yboxman , I believe - but I have never tested it - that you can get a necro-locked thread reopened by PMing a mod, for example @Dom or @CalBear

6. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Necro is considered six months. The last post in the thread was the necro that got it locked.

If you Plan to add to the substance of any TL you began you can do so. PM any of the Mods for an unlock.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Zagan likes this.
  7. LSCatilina Feudal Leftist Extraordinaire

I'm not sure you have a clear-cut necro limit, but I think it was more for the inane post that "re-awoke" the thread.

EDIT : Ninja c-c-c-c-c-c-ombo