My own color palette: COCS (Chörnyj Orel Color Scheme)

A few years, I started doing my own color scheme thingy. I`m overworking it now.
Here is a little example for what I have done so far. But there is more to do....when I got some time, I will show more.

I did colors for the mothercountry, protectorate, dominion and territory.

And yes, especially for Germany, I did lots of colors.

Enjoy parte uno:

20160407 Farbpalette Europa Beispiel.png

*coughs*
Erm, might I suggest you choose a slightly different name/acronym?

...Unless it's intentional.

I actually read the name as CHOCS (CHörnyj Orel Colo(u)r Scheme) anyway, so I'd go with that if I was naming it. Plus chocolate is nicer than chicken! :p

Shall everybody come up with a thread about his/her own personal color scheme? As we're at it, I employ a situation mix of various usual suspects (most are essentially expansions of older ones) and Putzger. If I'm supposed to name one usual suspect, let's say TACOS.

Putzger-style colors have an advantage over all those Atlas-Of-WW2-descended color schemes (i.e. most of the usual suspects) if it's about Europe only. There are moments when all those darkish colors in Central Eastern Europe are rather counterproductive.

Shall everybody come up with a thread about his/her own personal color scheme? As we're at it, I employ a situation mix of various usual suspects (most are essentially expansions of older ones) and Putzger. If I'm supposed to name one usual suspect, let's say TACOS.

Putzger-style colors have an advantage over all those Atlas-Of-WW2-descended color schemes (i.e. most of the usual suspects) if it's about Europe only. There are moments when all those darkish colors in Central Eastern Europe are rather counterproductive.

What's Putzger? and what is their color scheme like?

I've nothing against new colour schemes, as long as they actually do offer something new. So, aside from being named after you, and presumably having some obscure ethno-culturo-national groups (Masurtians NOT Masovians!), what does this scheme offer?

I've nothing against new colour schemes, as long as they actually do offer something new. So, aside from being named after you, and presumably having some obscure ethno-culturo-national groups (Masurians NOT Masovians!), what does this scheme offer?

An alternative to TACOS and a more extensive version/ combination of other (partly a bit older) Schemes, plus very own colors.
And yes, I simply thought, all these ATL, maybe even ASB colors and smaller cultures could be in some way useful.

What's Putzger? and what is their color scheme like?

Putzger is more or less the grandfather of Germany's historic atlas books. Another spiritual successor is Diercke who more or less invented the German school atlas.

If you go to the "period pieces" made by Blomma on Deviantart, it's not a perfect fit, but you get the general idea.
Germany is Prussian blue, Britain is pink, France is violet, A-H is shades of yellow, Russia is green, Yugoslavia is often some shade of not-so-intense blue, often light blue (Serbia alone being an entirely different matter).

An alternative to TACOS and a more extensive version/ combination of other (partly a bit older) Schemes, plus very own colors.
And yes, I simply thought, all these ATL, maybe even ASB colors and smaller cultures could be in some way useful.

Sounds like the XKCD comic is appropriate then.