My layers of irredentism map series

Inspired by the layers of irredentism maps by @Christory and Dom-bul and DinoSpain, I decided to make my own series for the layers of irredentism, and dedicate a thread to it so that I can have them all in one place. So here we are. I welcome any critique or recommendations for future countries of course.

So first I decided to make a layers of irredentism for the European Union, highlighting, what I believe, to be the greatest possible extent of the European Union:

European Union (pre-brexit version).png

And then because of Britain possibly exiting the EU sometime in the nearby future, I decided to make a post-brexit version as well:

European Union (post-brexit version).png

European Union.png

Last edited:
I imagine Surinam would also be light blue due to it being part of the Netherlands until quite recently

I was basing this on modern borders, so adding pre-modern borders wouldn't have fitted my theme, and adding onto member states wasn't really a thing I wanted to do, just adding disputed territories, though I will definitely do this for the Netherlands layers of irredentism post

I was basing this on modern borders, so adding pre-modern borders wouldn't have fitted my theme, and adding onto member states wasn't really a thing I wanted to do, just adding disputed territories, though I will definitely do this for the Netherlands layers of irredentism post
Can’t wait to see your other maps! Will def be giving this thread a watch

Inspired by the layers of irredentism maps by @Christory and Dom-bul and DinoSpain,

And Crazy-Boris, ARPS123 and Blond-Jose. CB in particular.

I welcome any critique or recommendations for future countries of course.

If you want I can DM you a list of suggestions I've already planned out. I was originally going to do them but I guess you can help if you'd like to.

So first I decided to make a layers of irredentism for the European Union, highlighting, what I believe, to be the greatest possible extent of the European Union:

I like it. Just a quick tip: in everyone else's LOI QBAM maps, the rest of the world is just blank. The other borders and subdivisions just clutter it up. Still, I like it.

And Crazy-Boris, ARPS123 and Blond-Jose. CB in particular.

If you want I can DM you a list of suggestions I've already planned out. I was originally going to do them but I guess you can help if you'd like to.

I like it. Just a quick tip: in everyone else's LOI QBAM maps, the rest of the world is just blank. The other borders and subdivisions just clutter it up. Still, I like it.

Oh wow, didnt know so many people have done this idea

I mean you can if you want, but still do your own, because we will probably have different ideas depending on the nation, so there's no reason to limit eachothers creativity like that

I considered making the rest of the world blank, will probably do it in the future, thanks for the advice