My first timeline here...Confederacy wins

Would just having Kansas as a slave state influence Kentucky, Missouri and Maryland to go South (sans some big butterflies...this is a little short term for the effect to work)?

Jan 1858 Stephan Douglas dies of pneumonia
Feb 1858 Lecompton Constitution passes Congress, Kansas admitted as slave state
Jul 1859 "Burning Kansas" sees 300 fatalities over slavery issue
Nov 1860 Lincoln wins election
Dec 1860 South Carolina secedes
Jan 1861 Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas secede
Mar 1861 Lincoln takes over, Civil War starts, Virginia secedes
Apr 1861 Lincoln assassinated, Hannibal Hamlin assumes office
May 1861 Arkansas and Tennessee join Confederacy
Jun 1861 Maryland Massacres by Federal Troops kill several thousand
Jul 1861 Kentucky and Missouri secede, join Confederacy
Sep 1861 Capitol relocates to Philadelphia
Oct 1861 South manages to win Battle of Wilmington, bloodiest of the war so far, and Capitol relocates to New York
Nov 1861 Hamlin signs Treaty of Baltimore, ending the Civil War and recognizing the CSA. He vows "Although we lost the War we shall win the Peace!"

One more question...I understand that several attempts were made on Lincoln's life - anyone know the name of one of the would-be assassins?

David S Poepoe said:
If impeachment was truly only a political move, then Lincoln surely should have been impeached for lack of success that the Union had in the field in the opening year of the war. .

In the OTL he probably should have been...not for lack of success in the war, but for the many violations of the Constitution which took place at his order. But he had a habit of arresting anyone who voiced such opinions, locking them up, and throwing away the key. So, guess what? No impeachment charges were ever brought up.

robertp6165 said:
In the OTL he probably should have been...not for lack of success in the war, but for the many violations of the Constitution which took place at his order. But he had a habit of arresting anyone who voiced such opinions, locking them up, and throwing away the key. So, guess what? No impeachment charges were ever brought up.

Your absolutely right there. I think of Clement Vallandingham everytime. However, truth be told, it was wartime and even Congress would have sided with him, even if it wasn't dominated by Republicans. War time just makes for interesting times.

Since no one added any comments, I will assume my third version past muster. Here's a few more years, start picking away!
Jan 1862 Peaceful Victory Acts passed to economically strangle the South
Jul 1862 Economic panic in CSA
Feb 1863 Western Settlement Acts to encourage expansion
Oct 1863 Sequayah Act makes Indian Territory "special territory"
Dec 1863 Mexico invades Texas, hoping to reclaim
Jan 1864 USA invades NW Mexico
Apr 1864 Second Mexican War over, CSA keeps Texas, USA gets Baja peninsula, Sonora and west Chihuahua
Apr 1864 Nevada admitted to Union
Oct 1864 Nebraska admitted to Union
Nov 1864 Charles Sumner wins election

I think you better explain the Peaceful Victory Acts, if you want to make it believable.

Didn't Mexico have other things to worry about besides trying to invade Texas? Like the French invasion to install Maximilian? Also Benito Juarez, president of Mexico, isn't the type to go about invading, he's trying to keep Mexico on an even keel, even if the French had never invaded. If you change things regarding Mexico's foreign debt then your POD moves.

Why would the US invade Mexico if its at war with the Confederacy?

You should deferentiate what the US does as opposed to the CS. Who is doing the "Western Settlement Acts to encourage expansion"?

and

Which election did he win? City dog catcher for Columbus, Ohio?

I don't suggest you try writing an ATL with only one sentence (and sometimes incomplete sentences) entries.

David S Poepoe said:
I think you better explain the Peaceful Victory Acts, if you want to make it believable.

Probably...are you better at economics than I? What would be reasonable measures for the USA to take at this time to try to strangle the CSA? This is why I seldom post timelines...I would be great if you wanted me to design a fictional solar system, but lousy at creating fictional histories.

Didn't Mexico have other things to worry about besides trying to invade Texas? Like the French invasion to install Maximilian? Also Benito Juarez, president of Mexico, isn't the type to go about invading, he's trying to keep Mexico on an even keel, even if the French had never invaded. If you change things regarding Mexico's foreign debt then your POD moves.

France invaded Mexico? I did not realize that (although I now think someone else mentioned something like that). Again, that is why I need others to help me create timelines.

Why would the US invade Mexico if its at war with the Confederacy?

Because with Mexico fighting the CSA they hoped to gain more territory in the West and flank the CSA, helping to contain them (BTW, the war is over now)
You should deferentiate what the US does as opposed to the CS. Who is doing the "Western Settlement Acts to encourage expansion"?

The USA

and

Which election did he win? City dog catcher for Columbus, Ohio?

President. Sorry, I thought this one would be obvious.

I don't suggest you try writing an ATL with only one sentence (and sometimes incomplete sentences) entries.

I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

Sorry, Xen, but this will probably be my last TL. As someone whose grade school Monsignor barely tolerated teaching evolution in the Siixties, my memories of History are very parochial...in more ways than one. It is just too much blood, sweat and tears to do a decent TL. I will stick to what I do best, and try to come up with interesting scenarios for you people. BTW, I really hope someone will run with this...or does anyone know a CSA wins TL where the South is kept poor, isolated, backwards and dominated economically and politically by the USA? I really think this is what would happen, but I never seem to see such a world.