My Alt-Cartography Site

Diamond

Banned
I figured since I have a crapload of maps that are sitting in my computer collecting virtual dust, I might as well showcase 'em.

Click me for mappy goodness!

Sign my guestbook and make me feel like I didn't just waste the last three hours putting it together. :D

What? I was saying you understated, not that Diamond was awful. If I said Diamond was awful, my pants would catch fire.

HelloLegend

Banned
Those maps are very well thought out in comparison to the macpaint jobs that we commonly see in AH challenges where entirely North America is under one rule, or CHINA is smaller than in OTL which automatically makes that ASB!:(

Keenir

Banned
I figured since I have a crapload of maps that are sitting in my computer collecting virtual dust, I might as well showcase 'em.

Sign my guestbook and make me feel like I didn't just waste the last three hours putting it together. :D

How could you have wasted time, when you were assembling such an excellent site?

(thank you for using ebru -- I don't think anyone's ever used it on a map before)

Awesome job Diamond.

One question though are the world maps supposed to be cut off a bit in East Asia?

[edit]

I wonder if Hashemite is man with no friends and no life?

[/edit]

Diamond

Banned
Oh man, Hash is STILL around, gheez.
I deleted his verbal diarrhea. Guess I'll have to proof the guestbook every couple of days... :rolleyes:

I plan on redoing some of those maps, particularly the Gate of Worlds and the other older maps, to reflect the improvements I've made in my techniques. I think I'll also create a blank map page there to show all the templates I use, and maybe one for map backgrounds as well.

It's the width of the browser window which is the issue. The site uses a fluid layout, but should use overflow:scroll instead of overflow:hidden in the CSS.

And I agree, nice site. :)