I might have to go down to Brazil to investigate this matter. Also why do you say your from muslim city. What does your city have a large Afro Muslim or Arab migrant community?
Actually not, it is just a joke due to the fact that my city's name is literally "Mosque", i ain't the first to joke with it, though.

@Talus I of Dixie interesting. So the northafrican latin christians survive and occupy the niche saferdi jews occupied in otl after their expulsion from iberia (which will likely not happen in ttl, Al andalus will be one of if not the country with the biggest population of jews, kinda like otl pre partition poland). Also it seems states in the maghreb are getting stronger in relation with the berber tribes. This is good for the development of the maghreb but bad for the abbasids in the long run. They wont be able to project power past egypt in the long run. Also how is the religious breakdown of the maghreb? Are zeydis, ibadis and ismailis as popular there as in otl?

Regarding Sardinia they are in pretty interesting position. They have a pretty distict dialect (more like a language) and a geographical identity separated from peninsular italy. Not surprising seeing their insular isolation and the fact they were recognized as a kingdom separated from italy.

Also arab migrations towards the maghreb, iberia and the mediterranean islands: has been like otl, more or less? Bc if they dont go to the places they went in otl they will have to move somewhere else. After in this period there were pretty big emigrations from tribes from the arabic peninsula bc they had experienced a significant population boom after their integration to the global trade routes. In fact it was one of the factors that contributed to early arab expansion.

Also it seems states in the maghreb are getting stronger in relation with the berber tribes. This is good for the development of the maghreb but bad for the abbasids in the long run. They wont be able to project power past egypt in the long run.
Pretty much yeah, but this is something that would've happened regardless. If relations weren't strenghtened between the abbasid provincials and the berber tribes, eventually it would backfire into a mass revolt that throws up the entire region from abbasid control, and obviously would cost a lot since the Caliph would try to quell it (not spoiling or anything but with the actual situation the independence of the Maghreb probably will be a lot smoothier than OTL, this going for both sides).
Also how is the religious breakdown of the maghreb? Are zeydis, ibadis and ismailis as popular there as in otl?
More mainstream sunnis than OTL, Zaydis don't have quite a significant presence but Ibadis/Kharijites in general are significant, especially among nomad tribes, the ismailis have their space as an urban minority in lesser cities, nothing that worries abbasid control over the region. In a bigger scope christians still a majority, although there's coming a first wave of widespread conversion that'll affect mostly the re-urbanized areas around Carthage, Constantine and Saldae, it won't remove their majority status for now. Especially since with the moment there's pretty much zero motivation for christian berber tribes to go Kharijite so...
Regarding Sardinia they are in pretty interesting position. They have a pretty distict dialect (more like a language) and a geographical identity separated from peninsular italy. Not surprising seeing their insular isolation and the fact they were recognized as a kingdom separated from italy.
Pretty much and it wasn't like the Rhomaioi had very tight control over the island, it was pretty much a bunch of big landowners managing their own land + fighting against other landowners.
Also arab migrations towards the maghreb, iberia and the mediterranean islands: has been like otl, more or less? Bc if they dont go to the places they went in otl they will have to move somewhere else. After in this period there were pretty big emigrations from tribes from the arabic peninsula bc they had experienced a significant population boom after their integration to the global trade routes. In fact it was one of the factors that contributed to early arab expansion.
For now, as OTL, although butterflies may change the dynamic in the future...

Pretty much yeah, but this is something that would've happened regardless. If relations weren't strenghtened between the abbasid provincials and the berber tribes, eventually it would backfire into a mass revolt that throws up the entire region from abbasid control, and obviously would cost a lot since the Caliph would try to quell it (not spoiling or anything but with the actual situation the independence of the Maghreb probably will be a lot smoothier than OTL, this going for both sides).

More mainstream sunnis than OTL, Zaydis don't have quite a significant presence but Ibadis/Kharijites in general are significant, especially among nomad tribes, the ismailis have their space as an urban minority in lesser cities, nothing that worries abbasid control over the region. In a bigger scope christians still a majority, although there's coming a first wave of widespread conversion that'll affect mostly the re-urbanized areas around Carthage, Constantine and Saldae, it won't remove their majority status for now. Especially since with the moment there's pretty much zero motivation for christian berber tribes to go Kharijite so...

Pretty much and it wasn't like the Rhomaioi had very tight control over the island, it was pretty much a bunch of big landowners managing their own land + fighting against other landowners.

For now, as OTL, although butterflies may change the dynamic in the future...
Wait, berber christians were a majority in maghreb? I thought that outside the coasts evangelization was less successful in roman times and the berber tribes from the mountains and deserts had remained pagan. That's why conversation to islam was so fast dispate how resisted it was (which made berbers pick islamic movement super hostile to the caliphal power like khawarijs or latter shias).
But I don't know that much of this period so maybe I am wrong. I don't remember too well.

Wait, berber christians were a majority in maghreb? I thought that outside the coasts evangelization was less successful in roman times and the berber tribes from the mountains and deserts had remained pagan
Yeah, and in some areas of the Sahara as well, those taking quite a bit to convert into Islam (until the 12th century IIRC). Pagan berbers were majority in mainly high-mountainous areas, like the Atlas Mountains (as you said) but per se the area involved is much bigger than it looks like. With that said, roman evangelization was very successful in Africa (the province), and it spread quite a bit beyond the boundaries.

Sorry about that, I occasionally jump on this website so I didn’t realize that a month of no post still meant that the TL is still active.
Lol, it would be quite shorter if i didn't have grant myself a little break due to Vacation and my classes returning. But now that i'm back in rhythm (also writing helps me to keep awake during classes) i'll try to keep a more decent frequency, i did worry that people would think it was dead, though i guess i made my audience used to it, heh.

Lol, it would be quite shorter if i didn't have grant myself a little break due to Vacation and my classes returning. But now that i'm back in rhythm (also writing helps me to keep awake during classes) i'll try to keep a more decent frequency, i did worry that people would think it was dead, though i guess i made my audience used to it, heh.
Vulkan lives

Just coming here to say that this isn't dead at all! And the chapter that was promised is coming, i've lost my cellphone so production got really rough (especially due to a finger injury that made me lose like 3 weeks of classes that i've had to catch up on), and well, still no cellphone but i'm actually time-plenty so i can go back on writing, due to the possibility of disaster, no timetable shall be given from me, and sorry for the (quite literal) disappearance! :p

Just coming here to say that this isn't dead at all! And the chapter that was promised is coming, i've lost my cellphone so production got really rough (especially due to a finger injury that made me lose like 3 weeks of classes that i've had to catch up on), and well, still no cellphone but i'm actually time-plenty so i can go back on writing, due to the possibility of disaster, no timetable shall be given from me, and sorry for the (quite literal) disappearance! :p
Ouch, that's rough.