Indonesia will be...interesting, hehehehehehh, for a previa: it will be divided, strongly divided.
Me, a Malacca Sultanate fans: Oh shit...... *sweating*

If Indonesian divided, then i'm worried about Malaya Penisular and Borneo Island/continent(?). Sumatera island alone is already a clusterfuck of mess, what with Minangkabau people(west, middle of the island in general[1]) , Javanese(generally everywhere else) and Malay(east of the island, especially Riau province), and THATS very much generalise.

[1]Unless it was the time where N9 invite a Minagkabau prince to rule them, which created N9 a Minangkabau-majority territory in Malaya Penisular, a second place beside Pagarruyung. Even with butterfly, i cant see they will invite someone else considering that N9 locals is the only one that adopted 'Adat Pepatih'(matrilineal law) beside Minangkabauian, while the rest is adopting 'Adat Temenggung'(patrilineal law).

I would post the Saxony update today but it delayed because i had some health problems yester and today, so maybe it will come tomorrow or wednesday, it all depends on me recovering :(.

Indonesia will be...interesting, hehehehehehh, for a previa: it will be divided, strongly divided.
Thanks for Answering my question buddy, and yeah without the unify factor of the foreing Dutchs...that will be interesting to see when we reached that point

The Age of Collapse: Chapter 9
Muslim World - The Age of Collapse
Germania After the Franks III: The Demons of Saxony

The Good Old Duke Thiodarīk (741-752)
When the Frankish Empire collapsed under the arab conquest, the saxons were ruled (somewhat, since Saxony is quite decentralized) by Duke Thiodarīk, and had a considerably bad reputation, with many recognizing them as crazy people who raid everything and everyone (what is not necessarily wrong).

After the news became clear, Thiodarīk wasted no time in bringing together the saxon nobles at Marklo [1] to decide on a campaign to raid the territories that were once frankish in the west, which was obviously seen as a brilliant idea since you know, easy profit and loot, the duke soon joined with the noble Saxons a host of 14.000 warriors to plunder the austrasian lowlands, with the result being a huge material gain for the saxons, along with prestige for Theoderic after defeating the Arabs in battle and putting the Eastern Frisians under his rule.

And for the next few years, that would be the saxon way of life, with Thiodarīk and the saxon nobles in general profiting gigantically for the next few years, thanks to raids on their neighbors, especially west in Bakhyia and south in Upper Germania. Although some setbacks did occur, they were often outweighed by other successful campaigns, with the clans of Westfalahi [2] and Engiern [3] being the ones who became the richest (and soon influential) as a result.

These good times lasted until 750, when an army of 12.000 Danes under King Harald [4] eliminated a saxon raiding party that crossed the Trenen to plunder danish possessions, after which Harald marched south and attacked the lands of Northælbingien [5], forcing Duke Thiodarīk to hastily assemble an army and respond to the invasion, with 8.000 soldiers being assembled for the task. The result was the Battle of Nowobośt [6], where Thiodarīk would be brutally defeated by Harald's Norse, resulting in the death of many saxon nobles and the injury of Thiodarīk, who would be forced to pay a heavy tribute and promise not to conduct more raids in danish territory, in exchange for Harald to leave.

The defeat at Nowobośt threw everything upside down, with Thiodarīk receiving great hostilities from the nobles (who had to pay much of the tribute bill), especially after the Imamate of Bakhyia became a power capable of self-defense, ending the easy plunder opportunity. Soon, the clans of Westfalahi and Ōstfalahi revolted against Thiodarīk's authority, promoting the westfalian noble Thilo as the new Duke of the Saxons (effectively a puppet) and after Thiodarīk was surrounded in Marklo, the revolt succeded.

However, Heimnik, one of the sons of Thiodarīk, escaped to the Obotrites, where he managed to get support for the recovery of his throne back in Saxony, in exchange of some, huh, favors of course. On 752, Heimnik and Prince Raćibor of the Obotrites were marching together with an army of 9.000 warriors to reconquest Saxony.

The Slav Restoration (752-754)
Heimnik and Raćibor crossed to Northælbingien, where the local clans threw their support at Heimnik, contributing with another 4.000 warriors. The saxon nobles soon responded by sending an army of 15.000 to defeat the invasion, with the two armies meeting in August near the village of Lachendörp, where Heimnik and his slavic allies would be decisively victorious, with Heimnik subsequently declaring amnesty for all the saxon nobles that betray Thilo and return to his side.

Most of Saxony quickly turned against Thilo and his supporters, with Heimnik regaining his position as Duke and allowing him to slowly remove the usurpers from the game, with more and more nobles surrendering, ending with Thilo's surrender taking place in July of 753.

With his position recovered, Heimnik agreed to pay a considerable tribute to Raćibor in compensation for his help, allowing slavic settlement in Ōstfalahi and seal an alliance against the danes in the north. Learning from his father's failures, Heimnik began a cleansing of the saxon nobles, imprisoning several key members of Thilo's government and building his support base, with a focus on the saxon nobles of Northælbingien and the new slavs arriving at Ōstfalahi, who with given time would integrate with the germanic population.

Heimnikian Peace (754-767)
After its restoration, Heimnik followed an oddly peaceful path, gradually putting a greater influence on the saxon nation while the raids of all time occur, there was not much prosperity early on, but peace reigned during that time, where Heimnik also took the opportunity to welcome the new migrants in Ōstfalahi.

A (pleasant) surprise was the commercial arrival of the ukhawias, who quickly emerged developing trade routes across the northern seas, and creating trading posts on the coasts where they pass. Heimnik first allowed the Ukhawia of Juzuralqna to open a warehouse on Misachsun [7], and soon afterwards they followed further, with Minathulaty opening warehouses in Jadehāben [8] and Brymun [9], and the bakhyians of Teksel opening one in Kuckshāben [10] .

The warehouses quickly connected Saxony with the trade routes that lead to the Mediterranean, as well as providing the saxon nobility and people with a new source of foreign products and trade, bringing in a new source of prosperity other than raids and plunder, although the saxons commonly had problems with muslim (or christian) merchants for matters of religion, relations, at least on this area, remained peaceful. During that time the raids towards the west decreased as a result of Bakhyia's defenses as well, and some saxon nobles started to go to the seas and make some profit out of it, as their ancestors that went to Brittania.

Thus, Heimnik was able to quietly subdue the saxon nobility by placing them under his power and influence, gaining a good base of support to not have to worry, until he died in the winter of 767.

Widukind the Shining (767-772)
After Heimnik's death, his son Widukind succeeded him to the throne, and unlike his father, he was quite warlike, but he did not change much of his father's internal policies, don't wanting to mess up with that stuff, actually contributing to further maintenance of stability in Saxony.

His first action in relation to foreign affairs was currently doing nothing, simply accepting the capture of Jadehāben by the nuteqalians instead of intervening, Widukind didn't want to meddle in the affairs of the ukhawias, knowing that it would just drag Saxony on a conflict where it would have nothing to gain.

In 769, Widukind intervened in the complex policies of the Franco-Thuringian tribes, managing to subdue one of them (in the northwest of the "no man's land") in exchange for defense against his rivals, and obviously, the rivals attacked. Widukind with an army of 13.000 saxon and franconian warriors defeated the small coalition of franco-thuringian tribes at the Battle of Gladenbach, quickly causing the coalition to be disbanded, the territory gain wasn't huge but it inherited for Widukind much needed prestige and moral among the saxons.

Then in 771, Widukind gathered an army of 14.000 warriors to attack Bakhyia, wanting to prove his worth even more, as well as wanting to gain some of the country's new wealth. Widukind's victory at Heerlen resulted in a great loot from the territories of Eastern Bakhyia, with Widukind quickly retreating after Arind arrived with reinforcements. This campaign placed Widukind in a unchallenging position, with much prestige in the eyes of the saxons, with many pointing out that he is favored by the gods.

Next year, Widukind tried to repeat the act, only to be defeated decisively by a prepared Arind. This defeat didn't shake him, since despite having to pay tribute, Widukind managed to stifle the news enough to minimize the loss of prestige. After that, Saxony would be fine, for now.

[1]: The capital of the saxons, being OTL Hoya, Germany
[2]: Westphalia, Western Saxony (somewhat)
[3]: Angria, Central Saxony (somewhat)
[4]: OTL Harald Wartooth, i'm taking artistic liberties right here (well, it was reported a danish king named Harald during this time so...), i'll enter in futher detail about these liberties on the unevitable nordic update
[5]: Nordalbingia, Northern Saxony (somewhat)
[6]: Nützen, Germany
[7]: Hamburg, Germany, the name comes from arabic for "Saxon Port" i.e "Mina' Saksun"
[8]: Wilhelmshaven, Germany
[9]: Bremen, Germany
[10]: Cuxhaven, Germany

Well seems Saxony is a mess, with the nordics and seems Saxony is expanding whatever they want and now with trade too...but seems saxony have all the basis to be the future battlefield of Europa, with all sides wanting to expand in the region.

Thanks Talus for this update, sorry all your bad luck but nice to finally reading it buddy

So far, looking at the slavic expansion, this islam wank ttl turned out to be a secret german screw/western slavic wank. This is an unusual direction in this site so I approve it 👏 👏.
You know Widukind is kind of a giant meme in crusader kings 2. For some reason his AI has an habit of converting to random religions and doing crazy shit, I once saw him converting to catholicism and burning Irminsul himself.

So far, looking at the slavic expansion, this islam wank ttl turned out to be a secret german screw/western slavic wank. This is an unusual direction in this site so I approve it 👏 👏.
You know Widukind is kind of a giant meme in crusader kings 2. For some reason his AI has an habit of converting to random religions and doing crazy shit, I once saw him converting to catholicism and burning Irminsul himself.
Found it:
xeeva38jmrhx.jpg

"In my game, he burned down his own holy site because I gave him some gold and made him my teacher, which was enough reasons for him to convert to catholicism. "

Well seems Saxony is a mess, with the nordics and seems Saxony is expanding whatever they want and now with trade too...but seems saxony have all the basis to be the future battlefield of Europa, with all sides wanting to expand in the region.

Thanks Talus for this update, sorry all your bad luck but nice to finally reading it buddy
They're fine, but as i said, for now...No need to apologize, i'm used to my usual bad luck :b
Thanks! I always wondered how i could change Central European history by pushing the slavs just a little bit more west (which if wasn't by the carolingians, would happen IOTL), so...here we are, glad that y're liking it.

About the Widukind stuff, i know about the memes but...what the hell man.

hey're fine, but as i said, for now...No need to apologize, i'm used to my usual bad luck :b
No problem them but a shame you got sick so fast, still we got the update at the end..hope we got the next one in less time...i jinxed it,isn't it?

About the Widukind stuff, i know about the memes but...what the hell man.
That remind me...Did Boniface still cut that tree or is safe...for now?

Next update will be about the Wends, the last covering Germania...After that we'll go back to the east (Abbasids and China!) before finishing with Brittania. Then, we'll go to the byzantine wars :rolleyes:
Good, it's better to build well the current state of the world instead of jumping directly to the next plot point.

Whens the next update coming also give us a hint about China?
Soon, i'm trying to keep up a rate of at least one update / one week, but of course if i be able to post it before that it'll be posted. As a hint for China, know the An Lushan Rebellion? So, it will be considerably worse that OTL, that's the only thing i can say because i really have to make major research on Tang China before anything :p
Good, it's better to build well the current state of the world instead of jumping directly to the next plot point.
Yeah, i want to keep that pace of going around before making major advances on the plot, anyway, i need to update the abbasids before covering anything, so jumping directly to the byzantine wars would be less-than-good because plot holes.

Next update will be about the Wends, the last covering Germania...After that we'll go back to the east (Abbasids and China!) before finishing with Brittania. Then, we'll go to the byzantine wars :rolleyes:
Thanks for the roadmap of updates buddy. Seems there was a lot of germany to cover first..and them things become interesting. So waiting till saturday buddy