So both sides enteres in civial war..what a clusterfuck..

There is only one problem with this view. On one side we have a civil war where all regions are against the core of the country (Arabia), on the other side, we have a civil war where both sides are balanced, it should not end quickly because there is no side where 80% of the country wants to be, so you know which one will be most devastating (SPOILER ALERT: The Byzantine one)

This is nice using Byzantine politics , the civil war is going to be big but I doudt it would surpsass the 20 years anarchy in terms of desvistation
Even so IAM wondering if the isurian dynasty would still take hold of power later down
Also I suspect like in the OTl (during the abassid revolt ) that the tang dynasty is using this to invade more of central Asia

Last edited:
This is nice using Byzantine politics , the civil war is going to be big but I doudt it would surpsass the 20 years anarchy in terms of desvistation
Even so IAM wondering if the isurian dynasty would still take hold of power later down
Also I suspect like in the OTl (during the abassid revolt ) that the tang dynasty is using this to invade more of central Asia

Once the civil war is over, the abbasids must send an army to defend the attacks of the Tang, especially with muslims having control of Transoxiana here. Expect instead of an indecisive battle like the Battle of Talas, a decisive 7-year campaign between the two giants for control of Central Asia ;)

Prologue: Chapter 20
Muslim World

The Third Fitna Ends: The Battle of Madīnah

March 11, 744 - Near Madīnah, Modern Al-Mulaylih
After capturing Tabūk with some tranquility, the army of Sulayman and Uqba march toward the holy city of Madīnah, hearing of the new Caliph in power, both separate their armies, Uqba with 37.000 soldiers and Sulayman with 21.000, most of them the forces previously used by both, Uqba having one with great composition of berbers and Sulayman with its same original strength, which has its cons. Sulayman has been battling with the same forces without much rest since the Battle of Damascus, while Uqba has periodically rotated his troops with new volunteers in Egypt.

Yazid, however, gathers 18.000 soldiers, and after hours of prayer in Madīnah, departs with his army to meet the enemy. The battle begins as soon as the troops catch sight of each other, with archers exchanging fire, Yazid archers achieving better results by using the small mound behind the sand valley. With the battle formations ready, the battle begins.

A group of bedouins suddenly arrives in Yazid, and reports the same of a large army arriving on their right. Thinking of it as a trap, he accepts the bedouin's information, but does nothing about it, and sends his army into combat. Knowing Sulayman's track record of aggressivity, Yazid orders his cavalry to engage the enemy along with the infantry, while the archers hold the flanks and rear. Sulayman orders a similar formation, but with the cavalry also at the rear, a move that Yazid considers strangely conservative for the opponent he is facing.

Sulayman's infantry resist the attack well using square formations, but Yazid soon orders the cavalry units to engage evenly with the infantry, thus causing breaches that break the square formations, and soon the infantry almost collapses from Sulayman. He soon orders his cavalry reserves and archers to join and reinforce the infantry, which delays but not prevent what seems an imminent victory for Yazid. But Sulayman soon changes his worry face to a wide smile.

Uqba's army arrives on Yazid's right flank, crushing the troops on his arrival, suddenly, morale becomes nonexistent in the Caliph's troops, his officers no longer understand what is happening, as the lines collapsed, the right victory comes to be the worst possible defeat.

By the end of the day, Yazid would have been captured by the forces of Uqba, and the next day the troops would be entering Madīnah and gloriously heading towards Makkah.

March 21, 744 - Makkah
Sulayman's troops triumphantly enter Makkah, capturing the new umayyad court by surprise and taking everyone out of town to face together with Yazid death. Following the capture of Makkah, Uqba and Sulayman would pass along with the Abbasid troops making a process of pacifying the peninsula. And after that, the Third Fitna is finally over.
-----------------------
Sidelines

March 15, 744: The abbasid army under Abu Muslim captures the city of Hajr (Modern Riyadh) after a brief 2-day siege against local umayyad forces. From there, the abbasids would move west to meet the forces of Sulayman and Uqba.

April 4, 744: The armies of Abu Muslim, Sulayman and Uqba meet in Sana'a, and begin the pacification of southern Arabia.

April 23, 744: First battle of the Byzantine Civil War, an army sent by Voedos to suppress the revolt in Greece is defeated by Kosmos in Katerini, preventing any chance of a quick conclusion of the conflict. It also guarantees Kosmos the support of all themes west of Thrace.

April 29, 744: Berber pirates capture Malta and a new era of piracy begins on the Sicilian coast.

May 6, 744: Abu al-‘Abbās ‘Abdu'llāh as-Saffāḥ is proclaimed Caliph in Kufa, officially beginning the Abbasid Caliphate.

Map I: 744
Map of Europe and Surroundings after the Abbasid Revolution
2 Sem Título.png

Can the caliphate even hold this much land at this point them try to take over central Asia would be borderline ASB and suicidal. Look all far they are In Europe at best I think their borders should be at the Rhine. And how after this war could they manage to Fight a seven year war against China. Sorry but at this point this timeline is starting to look like a Abbasid power fantasy.

Can the caliphate even hold this much land at this point them try to take over central Asia would be borderline ASB and suicidal. Look all far they are In Europe at best I think their borders should be at the Rhine. And how after this war could they manage to Fight a seven year war against China. Sorry but at this point this timeline is starting to look like a Abbasid power fantasy.
Not is very good, plus long term we could see regional caliphates forming but all this feel pausable....

You have to think that technically muslims have been at war with China since they set foot in Central Asia (That is, about 40 years).

About the British Isles, oh no, the Abbasids themselves know that to attempt would be suicide logistically. If it were to conquer something, that is some territory near the base of the caliphate, nobody wants to do it, and i can say that they probably really can't do it.

It feels mire like the mongol empire, long ass distances with real government managed by small warlords controlled by bigger regional warlords (like that Uqba guy in Al Andalus) loyal to the center (the caliph) as long he is strong and competent enough on his own. But it feels really fragil, great man dependent, like it could fall and break in a 1000 pieces in one generation or maybe just in a few years. After all the first Abbasid Caliph has just assumed power and keep in mind that we aren't that far away from the point in otl were they broke in pieces.
Also it seems that at the moment there arent credible external threats to the Caliphate so the biggest threats are the overwhelmingly christian population of the Empire and groups of muslim rebels like the shias. So I guess that could help to keep the muslim rulers together for some time.

What!? When did they conquer Germany and the low countries!? I was shure that they were still conquering northern France and that their hold wasn't secure. I can't remember posts of them doing so and it's a big deal.

They inherited from the Franks (since they conquered it), apart from the Netherlands, beyond the Rhine is more de jure than de facto of the caliphate. They will only try to consolidate power there after Al-Faransa seems safe to do so.

It feels mire like the mongol empire, long ass distances with real government managed by small warlords controlled by bigger regional warlords (like that Uqba guy in Al Andalus) loyal to the center (the caliph) as long he is strong and competent enough on his own. But it feels really fragil, great man dependent, like it could fall and break in a 1000 pieces in one generation or maybe just in a few years. After all the first Abbasid Caliph has just assumed power and keep in mind that we aren't that far away from the point in otl were they broke in pieces.
Also it seems that at the moment there arent credible external threats to the Caliphate so the biggest threats are the overwhelmingly christian population of the Empire and groups of muslim rebels like the shias. So I guess that could help to keep the muslim rulers together for some time.

It is exactly that