Music divergence if the South wins the ACW?

althisfan

Banned
Recently I asked about sports in the South if they successfully seceded in the US Civil War, because every sport popular in OTL started in the North (baseball, football, basketball, lacrosse) or international (association football ie: soccer) with the one possible exception- NASCAR, which could easily be butterflied away without there being Prohibition.

So, now I'm curious as to opinions on music, since much of American music in OTL comes from the South, thanks to New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis, and to a lesser extent continues with Austin (IMHO more hype than reality on that city). The North of course has Harlem, Philadelphia, Detriot, Chicago, and today Seattle and Los Angeles (a Union city, though not Northern); but will those Northern cities have their Jazz and hip hop and Mo-town without migrations of African-Americans from the South. How does music evolve differently, and do the two nations go different ways? In OTL Canada is a different nation and yet still has the same music tastes as the US (I assume); could the South and North have the same *music and would that same *music between the two be the same as in OTL?