Their causalities in the west were considerably heavier than OTL during the Battle of the Ardennes and they haven't been able to recover from it.
I know that but your describing the state they were in at the start of 1945 IOTL but its only the start of 1944.

Garrison

Donor
I know that but your describing the state they were in at the start of 1945 IOTL but its only the start of 1944.
The bombing campaign has also been decidedly more effective, especially after the follow up to the Dambuster Raid, their overall position has deteriorated faster and Hitler has been insisting on still pouring disproportionate resources in the east.

The bombing campaign has also been decidedly more effective, especially after the follow up to the Dambuster Raid, their overall position has deteriorated faster and Hitler has been insisting on still pouring disproportionate resources in the east.
That all happened IOTL but here there was no Italian campaign and you described the German losses at Kursk as being less that OTL.
The Allied air campaign didn't really kick into high gear until the summer of 19944, taking all this into consideration only leads me to think the Germans would be hurting but not at late 1944 level.

Last edited:
Maybe East and West Poland instead of Germany, with Stalin returning the territory taken in 39 to bulk up his new puppet state.

Maybe East and West Poland instead of Germany, with Stalin returning the territory taken in 39 to bulk up his new puppet state.
I could see something like that happening even though I don't think Stalin deserves any part of Poland but the Wallies will have to accommodate him someway.

That all happened IOTL but here there was no Italian campaign and you described the German losses at Kursk as being less that OTL.
The Allied air campaign didn't really kick into high gear until the summer of 19944, taking all this into consideration only leads me to think the Germans would be hurting but not at late 1944 level.
There's also the other side of the coin, that the earlier Axis successes have been less successful in comparison to OTL, and that with things turning for the worse earlier it meant the amount of loot and production was also lesser (though hard for the format to make it clear).

For Berlin, the Allies could reach a compromisse - outside of the planned airborne operation, the British could surround from the north and the US from the south, almost like in the Falaise pocket OTL

Well I'll place my bets. Patton gets to take Berlin and the Allies make it to Prague before the Soviets but they don't beat the Reds to Slovakia so its an early divorce for Czechoslovakia. I think its a blursed outcome for Poland because while the I think the Polish Home Army will be successful in their uprising; the Soviets are going to be inclined to screw them over when it comes to how Germany gets cut up. I'll bet the Soviets will want to make sure they get a large enough piece to make a German puppet state and it will probably require most of the German territory that the went to Poland post war. As I've said before I think the Bulgarians can flip sides and avoid harsh treatment and Soviet occupations and the Hungarians will try that too though I think more heads will have to roll there. Romanian is probably screwed which really caps off a shitty decade they've had. There's going to be some weird borders in Europe.
specifically, my guess is that poland gets the southern half of East Prussia and the eastern chunk of Pomerania.
Either way, it seems poland, romania and czechoslovakia are being thrown under the red-clad bus

Screenshot 2023-03-16 11.03.17 AM.png

Garrison

Donor
This is my guess for what Post-War European borders look like, Yugoslavia, Albania, East Germany, Slovakia and Finland I believe will be in the Eastern bloc, along with maybe romania if they can't get the hell out of dodge soon enough
It's interesting but there are couple of points to consider. If the Allies do better in North via the British and in the centre owing to the Americans then the Soviets might have to accept a very different shape to their occupation zone in Germany. Also as already mentioned Yugoslavia will have a considerably different shape.

marathag

Banned
It's interesting but there are couple of points to consider. If the Allies do better in North via the British and in the centre owing to the Americans then the Soviets might have to accept a very different shape to their occupation zone in Germany. Also as already mentioned Yugoslavia will have a considerably different shape.
They might just end up with East Prussia and a quarter of Berlin