Motherland: Fort Salem

fortsalem.jpg

The idea is that according to the trailer and press release, "Motherland: Fort Salem" is set in an alternate version of America where witches have agreed to fight for the United States in exchange for an end to their persecution. The series follows three young women from basic training in combat magic into terrifying and thrilling early deployment. In this world, the traditional roles of gender and power are flipped with women on the front lines to fight looming and terrorist threats that are strikingly familiar to our world, but with supernatural tactics and weapons..."

The intro title also provides some interesting clues as the nature of the timeline, including a map of the United States:

Is Freeform a wannabe Netflix?

It was ABC Family, but Disney changed the name. Before that it was owned by FOX, who bought it from Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcast Network.

Think of the irony there.
We have a show about witches fighting for an early US in this show on a channel that used to air evangelical christian television shows.
HA, ha, ha,...:cool:

One thing that I noticed , please stop me if it just seems like nitpicking, is the fact that the technology seems like it is in the 1980s. There are no smart phones, pagers or PCs. The one TV seen looks like the old pre-flat screen variety. There are even cigarette lighters in cars still, something that you definitely don't see today. Maybe technology has been slowed down by the presence of magic, or it might be nitpicking, but that is my observation.

Here is the latest trailer which goes a little bot more into the world of the ATL. Considering that the ATL is in 2019, and that there is war in Anatolia, there is a lot that can be seen developing: