MotF 268: Bits of This and That

Bits of This and That

The Challenge

Make a map of a country with enclaves and exclaves.

The Restrictions
There are no restrictions on when your PoD or map may be set. Fantasy, sci-fi, and future maps are allowed, but blatantly implausible (ASB) maps are not.

If you're not sure whether your idea meets the criteria of this challenge, please feel free to PM me or comment in the main thread.

---

The entry period for this round shall end when the voting thread is posted on Monday the 12th of December.

---

THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRIES ONLY.

Any discussion must take place in the main thread. If you post anything other than a map entry (or a description accompanying a map entry) in this thread then you will be asked to delete the post. If you refuse to delete the post, post something that is clearly disruptive or malicious, or post spam then you may be disqualified from entering in this round of MotF and you may be reported to the board's moderators.

Remember to vote on the previous round of MotF:
MotF 267: Four Corners - Voting Thread

Last edited:
OK, looks like once again I'll whip up something quick to prevent this from becoming an empty contest.

There are a few old maps of mine I've been meaning to give a spruce-up/rework for a while now, especially seeing as progress on the shiny new basemap I've been working on for the last year has been progressing well.

One of those scenarios near the top of the list for an update is this map from 2017, and as such, how to improve the scenario has been on my mind for a while. On seeing that this MotF has had no submissions in three weeks, I did a bit of thinking and realised that a bit of the upgraded scenario I've been pondering would meet the brief. Two hours of hurried mapmaking later and this was the result. The borders are a little rough in places, but overall it's good enough for now (I'll be doing a full overhauled map of Europe at some point in the future anyway, any deficiencies in this map will be patched by then).

I'll try and put up a more detailed write-up at some point later today. Right now I have other things that need doing, and I want to get the map posted before the deadline.

TLDR; WW1 ends differently, interwar era never ends, USSR comes down messily in the early 2000's with a tonne of regions breaking off. The map depicts one of them, Bashkiria, in the present day.

If you want more of the original scenario, the original maps are here, here and here. Note, in places I've changed the scenario a fair amount from the original posts, though this should be good enough to give a decent general idea of the world.

1670843343183.png

"In Nineteen Hundred and Twenty Nine, the Vozhd made his verdict on Transoxiana known. In Dushanbe the party faithful dined, and in Tashkent the people groaned."
dfk3th7-1d520ee4-46bd-46fc-9d5a-cd29fd0d15ce.png

Basically, Tajikistan gets its territorial claims advanced in 1929.

Last edited: