• Xibalba

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • SpazzReflex

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • BryanIII

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A couple of last-minute entries rounded out another excellent crop of maps this time around! Check out the entries here and vote for the one you like best! Comments and discussion are welcome, either here or in the main thread.

Isaac Beach

Banned
I was gonna enter this with an aquaculture based entry, but then Upvote entered and the quality just skyrocketed and suddenly my measly coral farms seemed a bit lame. All the mapmakers have made some brilliant work here.

I voted for Xibalba. The whole scenario of Upvote's Amazonia is like Pinochet Chile on steroids and therefore more depressing than a communist Netherlands that is still morbid all by itself.

I was gonna enter this with an aquaculture based entry, but then Upvote entered and the quality just skyrocketed and suddenly my measly coral farms seemed a bit lame. All the mapmakers have made some brilliant work here.

I gotta say: Enter anyway.

A "good" map with a kick-butt write-up always has a chance. Especially when it's a unique concept. I've voted against what was probably the "most beautiful" map on several occasions when there was another good map with great ideas. Hell, in MotF 162, I almost voted for a map with a giant red blinking Paraguay.

Coral farms? That's a great idea. (And had you worked sugar beets in somehow, you probably would have won.)

People tend to sell their own work short. Don't do that.

Oh and by the way, I voted for the 1961 Low Countries map. Because seriously, the style of the entire graphic was effing spot on mid-century Modern. Completely amazing. Nice job.

Isaac Beach

Banned

Awwh, that's actually very uplifting. That is quite fair; I've voted for scenarios I found more unique than were necessarily materially well made these last few contests. It's just disheartening when it's your own work.
Thanks, I'm still making the map (there are some iterations in the WIP and my personal map thread) but didn't throw my hat in the ring with it. So at least it's not completely lost. As for sugar beets, that would prove difficult, but I could incorporate it's very close cousin: the sea beet! In future I'll be less despondent about my chances, aha.