Most interesting scenario to you.

Or better yet a hard core British monarchist.

Each to their own in taste of alternate history interests.

But for myself my intrigue here lies in Shelley's radical politics which prevented publication in the mainstream of his material for fear of blasphemy and sedition laws being incurred. His ideas very much went on to contribute to the Chartist movement and it'd be an interesting thought experiment to envision him going to Greece with Byron and how this would've influenced his politics, especially his views on non violent protest which were already evolving at the end of his life as you can see in A Song to the Men of England as I quoted above.

He'd make a fascinating Father of the British Republic kind of figure in my view. Had he become a hardline monarchist, no doubt he would of faded into obscurity.

Blacks winning the Russian Civil war

Not sure how you would even go about achieving this considering Makhno’s Black Army was only ever a regional force in southern/central Ukraine. I don’t think it realistically ever had a chance of actually controlling all of Ukraine, let alone Russia.

Last edited:
The Chinese Warring States’ Period is never put out by Qin’s expansion, and China’s division into multiple states is formalized. A scenario like this could be propense for Mohism to thrive in.
Another would be the atheistic and materialistic ideology of Charvaka becoming dominant over large swathes of India. How would this affect India’s reputation among more theistic societies outside the subcontinent?

Another interesting religious PoD would be John the Baptist surviving and developing second thoughts about the legitimacy of Jesus as the messiah. This could provide the Mandean faith, or a more popular ATL equivalent, with a good head start in legitimacy.

I have a few in mind.

1) Sabbatai Zevi being martyred by Mehmed IV, causing the Sabbatean religion to retain it's credibility and continue.

2) Manichaean Survival TLs

3) Saving the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from self-destruction.

4) Habsburg screws

5) Well written Tudor TLs.

6) Pagan survival TLs

Ottoman collapse or splintering following the Battle of Ankara.
I wonder if an Ottoman collapse could lead to my earlier alternate history of a complete Safavid takeover of Anatolia – and a (largely) Shia Turkey. I have thought that the implications of a Shia Turkey might – whether one considers this strange or not – have been as great or greater in the twentieth century than earlier, because if we consider Iran the power of the Shia clergy profoundly affected the contry’s modernisation and even the response of the masses thereto.

I wonder if an Ottoman collapse could lead to my earlier alternate history of a complete Safavid takeover of Anatolia – and a (largely) Shia Turkey. I have thought that the implications of a Shia Turkey might – whether one considers this strange or not – have been as great or greater in the twentieth century than earlier, because if we consider Iran the power of the Shia clergy profoundly affected the contry’s modernisation and even the response of the masses thereto.

Ottoman base was in the Balkan so a total collapse is as good as impossible (unless for some reason all the sons of Bayezid die as well in the most chaotic moment). Safavid Anatolia is only possible with an absence of an Ottoman Empire. If it remains a beylik there is no challenge. But the problem is, without some Beylik taking over other Turkmen Beyliks the odds of a rising Safavid power is difficult. They got their support from these Turkmens who were taken over by the Ottomans. Even an Anatolian based replacement is a tough nut to challenge if the Safavids still were to exist.

Portuguese Luzon would be interesting since aside from the treaty of Tordesillas, the Portuguese actually discovered the people of Luzon first before Legaspi came.

Ottoman base was in the Balkan so a total collapse is as good as impossible (unless for some reason all the sons of Bayezid die as well in the most chaotic moment). Safavid Anatolia is only possible with an absence of an Ottoman Empire. If it remains a beylik there is no challenge. But the problem is, without some Beylik taking over other Turkmen Beyliks the odds of a rising Safavid power is difficult. They got their support from these Turkmens who were taken over by the Ottomans. Even an Anatolian based replacement is a tough nut to challenge if the Safavids still were to exist.
The Ottoman position in the Balkans would grow increasingly tenuous without Anatolia though.

The Ottoman position in the Balkans would grow increasingly tenuous without Anatolia though.

That is, if the new owner of Anatolia has a fleet. Considering the situation of the Timurids and the age of Timur, it won't last to even plan to build a fleet. It depends on what the Italian States who are trading the region think is right. If Genoa wants it they can be the temporary fleet. This would also require Timur to hold a grudge on the Ottomans as never before.