"Most Interesting Scenario To You" Redux Thread

• Kongo becoming a favoured group among the Europeans (think Rajputs under the Mughals) and conquering most of Central Africa while remaining uncolonized
  • China's state philosophy is Mohism instead of Confucianism
  • Iraqi industrialization (canals, textiles, literally sitting on a gigantic supply of fuel... it just needs the right push)
  • Umayyads take Constantinople, Abassid revolution wrestles away Iran and Iraq but not the west. Two Muslim Caliphates take up the centuries long dance of the Persians and Greeks.
  • Jesus Christ is never born
  • Christian Maghreb and West Africa (Muslims stop in Egypt)
  • Turkic conquerors of India convert to Hinduism
  • Germanic Abrahamic religion founded in Dark Ages
  • Gauls kick Caesar's sorry ass back to Rome

I have an idea of a rather vague chronology where the Burgundian Valois along the XVth century unified by dynastic union and conquest Burgundy, France and the Holy Empire. A bit like the house of Habsburg.
The goal would not be to present a monolithic Empire but rather a kind of loose Union and its impact on Europe. The religious and political schisms would be interesting to see in this universe.
I also have some related ideas that would fit in this universe:
-An earlier but much slower discovery of America.
-A reduced Ottoman Empire, the Byzantine Empire saved for a while and the end of the Great Schism.
-The absence of the Mughal Empire.

These are still very vague ideas and as I don't know the period well enough yet I don't think I'll write about it further.

Otherwise in general I am becoming more and more interested in the POD between the beginning of the 16th and the beginning of the 18th century.

This one scenario has been sticking in my mind for a while:

Margaret Beaufort born a boy. The butterflies that POD would have.

Deleted member 147978

This one scenario has been sticking in my mind for a while:

Margaret Beaufort born a boy. The butterflies that POD would have.
And to imagine Male!Margaret Beaufort becoming Beaufort King of England and Lord of Ireland if his OTL personality remains. Not sure about you @RedKing, but I'll be down to watch and like a TL like that.

And to imagine Male!Margaret Beaufort becoming Beaufort King of England and Lord of Ireland if his OTL personality remains. Not sure about you @RedKing, but I'll be down to watch and like a TL like that.
I do have a book about Maggie that I might start reading for the sake of research for the TL. It’s definitely on my to-do list, is all I can say

Last edited:
One idea I have is a Roman victory in Germany. Or the absence of a Third Century crisis.

An other idea would be a four part division of the Roman Empire:
-An central part
-An western part
-An eastern part
-An african part

Or an absence of Islam which makes ERE an biger power, then there is a division between the eastern and the African part.
I am really interested in a Roman Empire of Africa.