Which Colony Would Be The Most Interesting?

• Portuguese Mexico

Votes: 21 10.2%
  • French Mexico

Votes: 47 22.8%
  • English Mexico

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • French Brazil

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • English Brazil

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Castilian Brazil

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Danish Canada

Votes: 48 23.3%
  • Danish East Coast

Votes: 43 20.9%
  • French East Coast

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • Danish Colombia

Votes: 21 10.2%
  • English Colombia

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • French Colombia

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Portuguese Colombia

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Castilian east coast

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Castilian canada

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
Or they accept that protectorate over Kauai.....

Curious, aside from Hawaii and OTL Russian colonization of the Americas were there any are territories with scope to become potential Russian colonies?

More interested in what relations would be like between a White émigré ruled Sagallo (aka Djibouti) with nearby Italian Eritrea and British Somaliland.

Curious, aside from Hawaii and OTL Russian colonization of the Americas were there any are territories with scope to become potential Russian colonies?

More interested in what relations would be like between a White émigré ruled Sagallo (aka Djibouti) with nearby Italian Eritrea and British Somaliland.
If Japan didn't westernize as it did, mayhaps Korea and Japan?

In a similar vein, had Japan been split into the occupation zones considered at one point for postwar planning, it would be interesting to have the Nationalist Chinese ruling (however briefly?) Taiwan AND Shikoku....

Given how close they are in the poll, I want to see which is more interesting to you guys through some interaction. In quotes
Bold this for French Mexico
Italicize this for English Mexico
Underline this for a split territory and suggest how you think it could happen

Technically French mexico won the poll, but with a 2% difference i feel something like this could be useful

In a similar vein, had Japan been split into the occupation zones considered at one point for postwar planning, it would be interesting to have the Nationalist Chinese ruling (however briefly?) Taiwan AND Shikoku....

Just occurred that a White émigré ruled Sagallo (aka Djibouti) controlled by the likes of Baron Ungern (if he managed to elude capture) could have easily evolved into a roughly German-Russian (with a bit of Mongolphilia thrown in) farcical equivalent of Wadiya / OTL Eritrea with the right ingredients, amongst other things just need to get a Romanov pretender or few (perhaps even a surviving yet illegitimate successor) to move to Sagallo with the Mad Baron or someone else (with a sudden itch for establishing a dynasty) being tempted (by the Axis, etc) into performing Regicide (or wedding a female if illegitimate successor) and declaring themselves to be rulers of the country.

Last edited:
I really see Spain giving up on Luzon on the Gomburza revolt and giving it to Britain in exchange for securing North Borneo since Sulu is its vassal.

On a side note, I kind of would like to see a Dutch Connecticut which I think I've already started or plan on doing if not.

Avoid the fall of New Amsterdam in 1664. Have them and their Iroquois allies back King Phillips War, destroying New England. Have the Dutch pick up the pieces across from Long Island in Connecticut.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I'm playing with the idea of a Russian Tobago. The idea would be that in the 18th century Russia, which by then has absorbed Courland, adopts their claim to the island and makes good on it.

In OTL, James Brooke, Rajah of Sarawak, could stimulate british inmigration to their domains. We could see a British South Borneo.

Speaking of Borneo, quite like the idea of earlier Chinese immigration/colonization of (most if not all of) Borneo to create an ATL surviving Lanfang Republic that also manages to gain Singapore as well as colonize Johor.

In such a scenario could James Brooke have instead taken Sulawesi or the Maluku Islands?

Last edited:
I can imagine a Danish-Norwegian Brannenland (Tierra del Fuego, Argentina OTL).
1583891483057.png

Image result for beagle channel 2048 × 1365
Seems about right.

Maybe the Danish come to be the dominant force in India? The problem with this likely comes down to them not having the population of the British.

It could be really interesting to see what colonies a centralized Holy Roman Empire could have.

Maybe the Danish come to be the dominant force in India? The problem with this likely comes down to them not having the population of the British.

It could be really interesting to see what colonies a centralized Holy Roman Empire could have.
I got nothing for the HRE, but Danish India... the idea is for France to still work from the south, and if Denmark can break into Bengal I could see them being a mainstay in south Asia