Most ASB event that happened in OTL

1 Cyrus the Great
2 Alexander the Great
3 Genghis Khan
4 Timur

These guys, honestly. They were like a boulder rolling off a mountain which wouldn’t just stop, getting bigger and bigger in the meanwhile.

Admittedly, Cyrus was creating his empire from the ruins of Elam. The Persian empire in some regards, was a rejuvenated and reinvented Elamite empire.

In this sense, it is not hard to imagine the Persian Empire if we substitute Persian or Cyrus for a Perso-Elamite empire playing off a fusion of these traditions. The Elamite connection to the wider Sumero-Akkadian world, walled cities, overseases trade, cultural sophistication and the Persian population growth, steppe heritage, new takes on politics and connections to the Medians and other similar peoples.

Last edited:
What is to you the most ASB thing that happened in OTL? Before 1900 of course...

My nomination are:
1. Alexanders conquest of the Persian Empire

2. The City Rome turning in to one of the largest Empire

3. The small Ottoman Beylik in a small town turning in to one of the largest Empire in two centuries.
The primate species Homo Sapiens Sapiens taking over the whole world.

The idea that a rag-tag band of English colonies would win their independence from the most power nation on Earth. Then, they would be able to work through their differences and form a government. Then that government, despite challenges and a civil war, is the same government today. THEN, it has spread across most of North America and is the most powerful nation on Earth today. Most ASB thing ever.

Has anyone mentioned Karansebes yet?

Extreme stupidity or bad luck might be one thing, but somehow unintentionally maneuvering different parts of your army to fight itself without either side finding out is pretty weird if you ask me.

The idea that a rag-tag band of English colonies would win their independence from the most power nation on Earth.

If they had won by themselves, that would be pretty surprising. But when you consider that France, Spain and Netherlands were helping them, it is considerably less so.

Pizzaroo and 150 dudes destroy the greatest empire ever seen in the Western Hemisphere, with population in the (tens of?) millions and facing grand armies of 100,000 soldiers.

Pizarro, 150 dudes, and about 80,000 Tarascan and other native allies.

We can’t overlook that...

The fact that a bunch of native tribes that never formed what we call a organized state fought for nearly 300 years versus the most powerful empire of that time... Mapuches were op

And also the fact that one of the poorest spanish colonies with little to nothing resources, far away from civilization, surrounded by the driest desert, a fking wall of mountains and the ocean and neighbouring countries with frequent civil wars and/or coup d'etat managed to be one of the most developed countries of South America...

The Patriots winning the American Revolutionary War and 236 years later, the United States becoming the world's only superpower. Seriously, it's only because France decided to help the Patriots that they won. A large degree of the colonial population wanted to stay with England and there were several occasions when the British should've won. The 19th, 20th and 21st Centuries as we know them all hinged on France's involvement.

The fact that a bunch of native tribes that never formed what we call a organized state fought for nearly 300 years versus the most powerful empire of that time... Mapuches were op

But this also shows how it's difficult to project power so far away from the home nation. The Mapuches probably don't survive if they are located next to Spain instead of in South America.

Last edited:
The Zimmermann Telegram. As a way to keep the United States from joining the WWI Allies, German Foreign Secretary Arthur Zimmermann sends an encoded note to Mexico, using US diplomatic cables. This required convincing the US ambassador to ignore the requirement that all German diplomatic telegrams be uncoded. The telegram told Mexico that if they attacked the US, then Germany would provide financial support. The telegram also suggested that Mexico ask Japan to betray the Allies and help. Mexico said no and didn't even try to get Japan on board with this incredibly stupid plan. The British jumped through some hoops to reveal the contents of the telegram without giving away that they were tapping US diplomatic communication or that they had broken the German diplomatic code. And after all that effort, the US public thought the Zimmermann telegram was British forgery, because there was no way that the German would have sent anything that stupid. At which point Zimmermann publicly admitted that the telegram was real.

Why would you EVER admit to trying to incite a war between two countries!?

And why you even try provocate x go against y when it can't do that due its own civil war and when it hasn't anyway any chances win another nation? I am sometimses wondered had Zimmermann brain all. Even Hitler wasn't idiotic enough provocate Mexico attack against USA.

What is to you the most ASB thing that happened in OTL? Before 1900 of course...

My nomination are:
1. Alexanders conquest of the Persian Empire

2. The City Rome turning in to one of the largest Empire

3. The small Ottoman Beylik in a small town turning in to one of the largest Empire in two centuries.

I didn't know that these events had something to do with magic or aliens.
If you meant unpredictable and surprising events then I'd say that all Great Men are ASB.

there are, today, over 6500 people in the United States with with the first name “Gaylord”

Edit: I know it’s not ASB I just think it’s something that people need to know