More than Meets the Eye: An OPEN COLLAB DISCUSSION TL By Otakuninja2006

Yeah, and I basically butterflied Viacom becoming a mass media company, I might have Viacom itself get brought out by one of the majors eventually.
I mean, Viacom's major claims to fame are both associated with Warner Bros., namely Paramount and Nickelodeon, and WB already has their own syndication division.

If Viacom does get bought out by one of the majors, why not Time Grand?
Agreed.
Hamtaro will definitely be dubbed by Disney!
Glad to hear that.
I have plans for Nintendo's entertainment.....
I would like to know that. Not immediately, but sometime later.
Stay tuned, just know Disney won't be involved, if anything, Disney would actually buy Atari ITTL.
That would certainly keep them as a major player in the video game scene.
Looks like something Disney might like.
I thought so as well.
Saban would dub Shin Chan, Ghost Stories, Zatch Bell!, Pretty Cure, Yu-Gi-Oh and Bobobo-Bobobo.
Pretty good collection of 2000's dubs from them. Shin Chan, Yu-Gi-Oh for the broadcast TV market, Pretty Cure, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and Zatch Bell for the basic cable market, and Ghost Stories for the adult market.
Most definitely!!!!!!
That's a good thing.
Maybe, we'll see...
Okay.
Likely Saban, maybe Famous Studios, maybe Time Grand(just need to find a good name for Time Grand's anime unit).
I wouldn't mind having this show be dubbed by Famous.

And if you need a good name for Time Grand's anime unit, why don't we call it Kitsune, which is the Japanese term for "fox"?
You know that Taito Enix concept we were shown? That's what I am going to do ITTL.
I'd love that!
I was considering taking this to Saban or JOLT!
JOLT would treat this show with respect, and with Power Rangers, YGO, and Pretty Cure, Saban would be really swamped with work.
Definitely either Saban, Time Grand or Viz.
I choose Time Grand.
Would likely come from [NAME REDACTED]'s own animation distribution unit (yes, [NAME REDACTED]would merge, just need to find a good name for [NAME REDACTED]'s animation distribution unit).
I don't know what this studio even is, so I can't legitimately comment on this.
Saban all the way.

Still Saban.
Understandable on both counts.
Either Viz and Famous Studios
Why not both, as a collaboration?
I don't know who should take it....
Why not 4Kids? They could actually use the work.
Definitely NOT Disney, likely Saban and Viz.
Well, in hindsight, that's a given.
Likely Funimation(which would be brought by [NAME REDACTED]
So, whoever dubs Escaflowne would also own Funimation. I think the Escaflowne fanbase would be a lot bigger in this timeline, then.
Likely ADV, they need something as well, especially without [NAME REDACTED] to help prop them up.
I agree.
Probably JOLT or.....

4Kids....
I'd actually think that, since Disney and Famous have top pickings of anime dubs, 4Kids should be able to shape up against the bigger studios.
No, likely ADV or Crunchyroll.
ADV could use a movie to dub.
Definitely, especially as the latter is a new version of the hit they already have now.
And the former is a property that OTL's Fox Corp, the one that Disney does not own, is trying to bring to Tubi.
Likely Funimation and ADV respectively.
Worth a shot to suggest them, at least.
Duh, obviously, Disney owns them, so it would be borderline insane for them to not dub a anime based off something they own.
Is there ever any doubt?
Funimation and Saban.
Cool.
Likely Crunchyroll.
Pretty obvious choice.
Disney would have their own gaming properties to worry about.
Kingdom Hearts anime, perhaps?
Did you really just suggest Food Wars?
Yes. Is that a problem?
I'm not sure.
Maybe not.
Whoever dubs Naruto will dub everything else related to this franchise.
Fittingly put, with all due respect.
Maybe....
It's a tempting idea.
Definitely not.
Yeah, I can see why Disney would pass on those.
Not sure...
I mean, those would fit under one or two of Disney's multiple philosophies.
The same company that got the original will get the reboot.
Naturally.
It's perfect!
Thank you! I tried to go for each year, and wanted to find at least one project in each section that could be a big hit for Disney.

I mean, Viacom's major claims to fame are both associated with Warner Bros., namely Paramount and Nickelodeon, and WB already has their own syndication division.
Yeah.
If Viacom does get bought out by one of the majors, why not Time Grand?
I think that could work.
Agreed.
Glad to hear that.
Ok.
I would like to know that. Not immediately, but sometime later.
Oh trust me, you will find out.
That would certainly keep them as a major player in the video game scene.
I thought so as well.
Yeah.
Pretty good collection of 2000's dubs from them. Shin Chan, Yu-Gi-Oh for the broadcast TV market, Pretty Cure, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and Zatch Bell for the basic cable market, and Ghost Stories for the adult market.
Yep.

Pretty Cure will likely be on the block of Pagoda on [NAME REDACTED].

And who said I wouldn't have only 1 version of Ghost Stories?
That's a good thing.
Okay.
Ok.
I wouldn't mind having this show be dubbed by Famous.
And if you need a good name for Time Grand's anime unit, why don't we call it Kitsune, which is the Japanese term for "fox"?
I'd love that!
Ok. And Kitsune it is.
JOLT would treat this show with respect, and with Power Rangers, YGO, and Pretty Cure, Saban would be really swamped with work.
Ok. I'll see....
I choose Time Grand.
Why?
I don't know what this studio even is, so I can't legitimately comment on this.
Because it's not time to know yet, I'm keeping certain things hush-hush for now.....
Understandable on both counts.
Yeah.
Why not both, as a collaboration?
You know, that could work.
Why not 4Kids? They could actually use the work.
Well, in hindsight, that's a given.
Yeah.....

Tho 4Kids won't be as dominant ITTL.
So, whoever dubs Escaflowne would also own Funimation. I think the Escaflowne fanbase would be a lot bigger in this timeline, then.
No, Funimation and yet-to-be-named animation distribution unit will be completely different.
Ok.
I'd actually think that, since Disney and Famous have top pickings of anime dubs, 4Kids should be able to shape up against the bigger studios.
Yeah, I think they could build a niche(ASSUMING THEY DON'T GO THIER DIRTY WAYS OF OTL) if done right.
ADV could use a movie to dub.
Yeah.
And the former is a property that OTL's Fox Corp, the one that Disney does not own, is trying to bring to Tubi.
You mean Anpanman?
Worth a shot to suggest them, at least.
Yeah...
Is there ever any doubt?
Exactly.
Pretty obvious choice.
Ok.
Kingdom Hearts anime, perhaps?
Of course a Kingdom Hearts anime would happen!!
Yes. Is that a problem?
Well, with the content that Food Wars has, I'm not sure Disney would actually tak on to something like FW....
Maybe not.
Fittingly put, with all due respect.
It's a tempting idea.
Yeah, I can see why Disney would pass on those.
Yeah.
I mean, those would fit under one or two of Disney's multiple philosophies.
What philosophies?
Naturally.
Yeah.
Thank you! I tried to go for each year, and wanted to find at least one project in each section that could be a big hit for Disney.
Well, that is a good idea.

An Important Message Regarding Summer Updates
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

I HAVE DECIDED TO DO A NEW SCHEDULE FOR UPDATES.

THEY WILL BE EVERY WEEK, BUT EVERY OTHER DAY.

ONE WEEK I MIGHT DO ONE ON SUNDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SATURDAY.

THE NEXT, MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY WILL BE UPDATE DAY.

AND IF Y'ALL ARE GOOD ENOUGH AND I FEEL GENEROUS(OR BORED), THEN I MIGHT DO A WEEK OR 2 OF DAILY UPDATES.

THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARILY AS THIS WILL LAST FOR THE SUMMER, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN IT COMES TO UPDATES COME AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

I think that could work.
Thanks.
Oh trust me, you will find out.
I'm happy to hear that.
Pretty Cure will likely be on the block of Pagoda on [NAME REDACTED].

And who said I wouldn't have only 1 version of Ghost Stories?
Both of these revelations are good news in my opinion.
Ok. And Kitsune it is.
Thank you!
Ok. I'll see....
Cool.
Because I think that Kitsune could use a 2000's show to propel them into the new millennium.
Because it's not time to know yet, I'm keeping certain things hush-hush for now.....
Okay. I'll wait for now.
You know, that could work.
That would be a good idea, now that I think about it.
Yeah.....

Tho 4Kids won't be as dominant ITTL.
I thought that would be the case.
No, Funimation and yet-to-be-named animation distribution unit will be completely different.
I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah, I think they could build a niche(ASSUMING THEY DON'T GO THIER DIRTY WAYS OF OTL) if done right.
Once again, agreed.
You mean Anpanman?
Yes, yes I do.
Of course a Kingdom Hearts anime would happen!!
Now, the question remains: Should this Kingdom Hearts anime be episodic, or should it have an ongoing story arc or two?
Well, with the content that Food Wars has, I'm not sure Disney would actually take on to something like FW....
Yeah, you're probably right.
What philosophies?
Stuff like talking animals in tranquil surroundings, for example.
Well, that is a good idea.
Glad you think so.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

I HAVE DECIDED TO DO A NEW SCHEDULE FOR UPDATES.

THEY WILL BE EVERY WEEK, BUT EVERY OTHER DAY.

ONE WEEK I MIGHT DO ONE ON SUNDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SATURDAY.

THE NEXT, MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY WILL BE UPDATE DAY.

AND IF Y'ALL ARE GOOD ENOUGH AND I FEEL GENEROUS(OR BORED), THEN I MIGHT DO A WEEK OR 2 OF DAILY UPDATES.

THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARILY AS THIS WILL LAST FOR THE SUMMER, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN IT COMES TO UPDATES COME AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER.

THANK YOU FOR READING.
I'm so excited! This is going to be fun.

Kitsune Studios Anime Dubs as of 1990
Television Shows
  • Space Ace, 1977
  • Judo Boy, 1978
  • Casshan, 1979
  • Cyborg 009(1968 series), 1980
  • Dororo(1969), 1981
  • Tomorrow's Joe, 1981
  • Black Jack, 1982
  • Galaxy Express 999: The Series, 1982
  • Cyborg 009(1979 series), 1983
  • Devilman: The Series, 1984
  • Uruesi Yatsura, 1985
  • Cutie Honey, 1986
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes, 1987
  • The Rose of Versailles, 1988
  • Dr. Slump, 1989
  • Zillion: The Series, 1990
Stay tuned for Part 2.

Thanks.
I'm happy to hear that.
Both of these revelations are good news in my opinion.
Thank you!
Cool.
Ok. And you're welcome.
Because I think that Kitsune could use a 2000's show to propel them into the new millennium.
Ok. I'll think about it when the time comes.
Okay. I'll wait for now.
That would be a good idea, now that I think about it.
I thought that would be the case.
I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Once again, agreed.
Yes, yes I do.
Ok.
Now, the question remains: Should this Kingdom Hearts anime be episodic, or should it have an ongoing story arc or two?
I was intending for it to adapt the games.
Yeah, you're probably right.
Yeah.
Stuff like talking animals in tranquil surroundings, for example.
What????
Glad you think so.
I'm so excited! This is going to be fun.
Great!!

Ok. I'll think about it when the time comes.
Fine by me.
I was intending for it to adapt the games.
My question still stands, then. But I will say that if the anime were to adapt the games, I would prefer if it had an episodic nature, so that it can explore more Disney regions than just the Animated Canon. The overarching narrative can be the B plot, if you will.
I admit that I'm just talking out of nowhere for this, to be honest.

Sorry, Disney fans, but Kitsune Studios is my favorite Hollywood anime division with these two shows alone.
Excellent, if you think this was good, then just wait until I have some of the independent anime distributors get brought out by the bug guys....
Fine by me.
Okay.
My question still stands, then. But I will say that if the anime were to adapt the games, I would prefer if it had an episodic nature, so that it can explore more Disney regions than just the Animated Canon. The overarching narrative can be the B plot, if you will.
Ok. An episodic format it is.
I admit that I'm just talking out of nowhere for this, to be honest.
Oh.

Did you see what I posted in the More Than Meets the Eye Speculation thread?

Updated Media Conglomerates as of 1990
I am so sorry to be doing this, but I swear it will be the last time, but I'm probably going going to be changing companies again:

Media Conglomerates as of 1990:
  • Warner-Paramount
  • Disney-Fox
  • MGM/Turner
  • NBC Telecommunications
  • Universal
  • Metromedia
  • Time Grand
  • Capital Cities-ABC Corporation
  • Entertainment Incorporated(EI)
Thoughts anyone?

I am so sorry to be doing this, but I swear it will be the last time, but I'm probably going going to be changing companies again:

Media Conglomerates as of 1990:
  • Warner-Paramount
  • Disney-Fox
  • MGM/Turner
  • NBC Telecommunications
  • Universal
  • Metromedia
  • Time Grand
  • Capital Cities-ABC Corporation
  • Entertainment Incorporated(EI)
Thoughts anyone?
Good that you have improved

Good that you have improved
Thanks.

For context:
1: Warner Bros. and Paramount would have merged in 1990.

2: Disney would have brought Fox in the 70s.

3: Turner would have merged his company into MGM in the 80s rather than buying them and gaining massive debt leading to him selling it off except the library. CBS would be brought out as well. Hanna-Barbera would have been brought out in the 80s.

4: NBC Telecommunications would have eventually brought Columbia Pictures in 1990, saving Columbia from a takeover by Sony.

5: Universal is alone for now, but I will have it merge with someone, most likely ABC.

6: Metromedia is basically Saban's company.

7: Time Grand is TL-exclusivie company.

8: Capital Cities-ABC Corporation is exactly what it says on the tin can.

9: TeleMedia is another TL-exclusivie that is basically the North American equivalent of 2 European media companies, MediaSet from Italy and Spain and AB Groupe(now Mediawan Thematics) from France:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediawan_Thematics. (Translate to English

10: I forgot to add another company:
Entertainment Incorporated is basically TTL's American equivalent of Britain's Sky and France's Canal+:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupe_Canal+(Translate to English)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks.

For context:

3: Turner would have merged his company into MGM in the 80s rather than buying them and gaining massive debt leading to him selling it off except the library. CBS would be brought out as well. Hanna-Barbera would have been brought out in the 80s.

4: NBC Telecommunications would have eventually brought Columbia Pictures in 1990, saving Columbia from a takeover by Sony.

5: Universal is alone for now, but I will have it merge with someone, most likely ABC.

9: TeleMedia is another TL-exclusivie that is basically the North American equivalent of 2 European media companies, MediaSet from Italy and Spain and AB Groupe(now Mediawan Thematics) from France:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediawan_Thematics(Translate to English)

Entertainment Incorporated is basically TTL's American equivalent of Britain's Sky and France's Canal+:

Thoughts?
Good did you consult @OldNavy1988 before you wrote it out of curiosity because it feels like something done in the American magic series

Good did you consult @OldNavy1988 before you wrote it out of curiosity because it feels like something done in the American magic series
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that some of those are inspired by those other TLs and I figured why not have Disney and Fox together earlier just to get it out of the way.....

Some of these are inspired by others, some if these are original...

Sorry if this is a ironic coincidence.......

But I'll be original.

For context:
I'd imagine that would have made the news for a month.
I mean, the 70s was a tumultuous time for every film studio.
Does Ruby-Spears still fall under the Turner banner eventually?
On the bright side, if Disney decides to not give any of their shows to NBC, they can fall back on the house that Samantha Stephens and Jeannie built.
That makes sense to me, as ABC is the only major network that hasn't been touched yet.
I can see why.
I thought so.
Does this mean DIC is still a subsidiary of this company?
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediawan_Thematics. (Translate to English
This could prove promising.
I think Entertainment Incorporated is a better company for the niche that it and TeleMedia provides content for.
Thoughts?
All in all, a pretty good list of media conglomerates.

I'd imagine that would have made the news for a month.
I mean, the 70s was a tumultuous time for every film studio.
Yeah.
Does Ruby-Spears still fall under the Turner banner eventually?
Come to think of it, yes, RS could eventually turn into Cartoon Network Studios ITTL with Williams Street while Hanna-Barbera would remain with the Fuzzy Door label.
On the bright side, if Disney decides to not give any of their shows to NBC, they can fall back on the house that Samantha Stephens and Jeannie built.
Yeah.
That makes sense to me, as ABC is the only major network that hasn't been touched yet.
Yep. And I'm trying to merge as much of TTL's American entertainment industry as possible, I briefly considered having Telemedia buy out ABC but thought it would be better off launching it's own network maybe using a de-facto national feed that could get changed based off of city or region with commercials, kinda like most broadcast networks in Europe.

So the first round of mergers would likely happen here, while the second round would be happening.....right about where we are now IOTL.
I can see why.
I thought so.
Yeah.
Does this mean DIC is still a subsidiary of this company?
Well, it'd probably be sold to Metromedia, so until the Universal or Entertainment Incorporated buyout, ABC will have to rely on other companies unless they were to buy another studio.
This could prove promising.
Yep. Especially when you see what I do in regards to anime ITTL.

Matter of fact, something coming from them is going to be in a update later today.
I think Entertainment Incorporated is a better company for the niche that it and TeleMedia provides content for.
Yeah.
All in all, a pretty good list of media conglomerates.
Thank you very much kind sir.