More successful Op PASTORIUS June 1942 ?

How would WWII have been affected had the ABWEHR's attempts to sabotage US war production thru Op PASTORIUS been more successful in June 1942 ? The mission involved the now infamour 8 Nazi agents landed on Long Island by U-Boat, whose mission was to sabotage key US factories in NY, Illinois and Tennessee, but which was foiled by the team-leader, George Daschle, having 2nd thoughts about his allegiances and the mission, and deciding to turn himself over to the authorities and spill the beans on his colleagues, which enabled the FBI to locate and apprehend all team-members for eventual trial and execution for espionage by special military tribunal. WI there'd been a more committed Nazi in charge of the op, who didn't compromise the objective, and this covert team had been able to successfully carry out their mission ? How much more of an advantage in both material and political terms could Hitler have gained ?

Valamyr

Banned
Just how much long term damage can 8 guys cause?

Bids are open - minimal bid is two towers. :D

No seriously, I'd expect that in the best case scenario, they destroy a few arsenals, blow up some factories, and kill a couple thousands, and flee sucessfully, forcing the US government to take protective measures around the country.

The US will still win the war. Butterflies might might the war effort more complicated however. I suppose it might cause some delays in places in shipping materials to Britain.

PS. I promise a big flame to the first dummy who'll suggest that the Monthgereau plan or whatever would be put in effect in revenge. ;) It seems that one is brought up everytime the axis does marginally better in any regard. :rolleyes:

"The US will still win the war. Butterflies might might the war effort more complicated however. I suppose it might cause some delays in places in shipping materials to Britain."

A possible butterfly could be Woodrow Wilson-esque police state measures that stay in place AFTER WWII ends (the Cold War could provide continued justification, just as it provided justification for another "temporary wartime expedient," income tax withholding).