Modern Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such wankstrocities as 'Who Needs an Independent Canada?' and 'The Galaxy of New Poland--the Secret History.'" :rolleyes: :D

I like the 'using high level weapons' part... :D

But I understand the guys plight. I took a year before I started my TL. It requires research and a very good knoledge of history. I even failed with several of my timelines. I hope 'A Rhodesian Dream' will do better. But I do have a good base to go on. Sometimes nOObs will post the occasional bad TL and they're battered into submission, but I'll be the first to tell the guy to hang in there and eventually you'll make a TL that'll be plausible.

As an American of Polish descent, I was rather embarrassed and bummed to see all this. With a little help from the west (and no need to invent time travel or be given Guam :D :D ) Poland could have been a pretty descent power in the 20th Century. I kinda felt Poland's rather high level of involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is their way of flexing a little muscle after being the underdog and footnote of history for so long. History only mentions that Germany's invasion of Poland touched off WW2. No one ever mentions the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, which lasted for two months to Germany's surprise, with little help, or that Polish pilots were the most experienced and had the most kills in the RAF during the Battle of Britain.

Sorry about the tirade, probably would've been better reserved for its own topic.

Guam would be nice. Poles are rather pale and could use some sun.:)

As an American of Polish descent, I was rather embarrassed and bummed to see all this. With a little help from the west (and no need to invent time travel or be given Guam :D :D ) Poland could have been a pretty descent power in the 20th Century. I kinda felt Poland's rather high level of involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is their way of flexing a little muscle after being the underdog and footnote of history for so long. History only mentions that Germany's invasion of Poland touched off WW2. No one ever mentions the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, which lasted for two months to Germany's surprise, with little help, or that Polish pilots were the most experienced and had the most kills in the RAF during the Battle of Britain.

Sorry about the tirade, probably would've been better reserved for its own topic.

Guam would be nice. Poles are rather pale and could use some sun.:)

Sure, Poland could have done well in the twentieth century. That said, one would need a POD long before 1991 to achieve this.

Sure, Poland could have done well in the twentieth century. That said, one would need a POD long before 1991 to achieve this.

Oh, without a doubt! Major world powers are hard to come by nowadays, but say a start in the interwar years, now that's a possibility.

Have you looked on a map recently? Hungary and Poland dont share a border since 1939. So how can Hungary be the first one to be annexed by Poland?

Status
Not open for further replies.