Mittleafrika: The demographics?

I am curious what the demographics of a "realistic" mittleafrika might be. This mittleafrika in the Congo, plus territories taken by Britain and france are given back as part of a "honor" deal in a Central powers victory. However no additional territories besides congo. I would think Tanzania, Namibia, and Cameroon might see some white settlement, while the coastal/equalorial part of the Congo would see white settlement. However, the interior basically is just exploited for resources/and a military industrial complex ground. No thought will really be put into decolonization. Your thoughts?

It's unlikely there would be too much white settlement. If you're a German guy who has to choose between staying put, moving to the American/Australia, moving to an Eastern Puppet state or moving to Africa, Africa is probably losing out. Maybe significant numbers of Germans in Namibia. I think you're interested in differences in decolinization in this scenario. There probably aren't many. A whole lot depends on if/when there is a second world war.

It's unlikely there would be too much white settlement. If you're a German guy who has to choose between staying put, moving to the American/Australia, moving to an Eastern Puppet state or moving to Africa, Africa is probably losing out. Maybe significant numbers of Germans in Namibia. I think you're interested in differences in decolinization in this scenario. There probably aren't many. A whole lot depends on if/when there is a second world war.
Not so sure about that, Deutsch Südwest (German South West Africa) was quiet popular for German Cowboys even if the land was harsh (for the same reason it is today and the same Manchukuo was attractive for Japanese farmers, ten times the land for half the price of a similar amound at home - you get the picture ;D ). From the overall 200.000 people there 12.500 were German (Deutsche, or more accurate Teutsche, as the German dialect evolving there was a crude mix of German, native tongue and other influence like Boer). The other German Colonies had far more native population and even if Deutsch Ostafrika was one of the most Crown Jewels of the Colonies, settlement there in larger numbers was not that much favored (same goes for the rest of the Colonies).

So with even this sparely populated coastal regions, I doubt that Mittelafrika would have any kind of larger German or even overall European population in relation to the native one (that is as long as we're no speaking about any type of Nazi-like plan to turn these percentages upside down and fully Germanize these Regions as some sort of Lebenraum - wich I would highly doubt).

Last edited:
Not so sure about that Deutsch Südwest was quiet popular for German Cowboys even if the land was harsh (for the same reason it is today and the same Manchukuo was attractive for Japanese farmers, ten times the land for half the price of a similar amound at home - you get the picture ;D ). From the overall 200.000 people there 12.500 were German (Deutsche, or more accurate Teutsche, as the German dialect evolving there was a crude mix of German, native tongue and other influence like Boer). The other German Colonies had far more native population and even if Deutsch Ostafrika was one of the most Crown Jewels of the Colonies, settlement there in larger numbers was not that much favored (same goes for the rest of the Colonies).

So with even this sparely populated coastal regions, I doubt that Mittelafrika would have any kind of larger German or even overall European population in relation to the native one (that is as long as we're no speaking about any type of Nazi-like plan to turn these percentages upside down and fully Germanize these Regions as some sort of Lebenraum - wich I would highly doubt).
I have in mind Tanzania ending up otl, congo ending up otl with maybe tiny white enclaves in the coast, and Namibia ending up perhaps an Apartheid state. Cameroon might have some white enclaves, however the largest influence will be cultural that the Germans put.