Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

If the United States of America, after collecting every one of the 'Lower 48' States, were to relocate from Washington D.C. for whatever reason (I'm assuming a desire to rebrand the US Government, rather than any kind of catastrophe), where do you think would be the most desirable centralised location for a new capital?

If the United States of America, after collecting every one of the 'Lower 48' States, were to relocate from Washington D.C. for whatever reason (I'm assuming a desire to rebrand the US Government, rather than any kind of catastrophe), where do you think would be the most desirable centralised location for a new capital?
St. Louis IIRC was proposed at one point in the late 19th century and Denver was a proposal for an emergency capital during the Cold War (never adopted, officially there was no designated emergency location). Both are advantageous given their central locations and links to critical transportation hubs.

My top three (in no particular order) would be:
Chicago;
St. Louis;
A purpose-built "American Brasilia" in a new Federal District either on the Kansas-Nebraska border (to be as close as possible to the geographic center of the contiguous US while not being wholly surrounded by any one state) or at the Kansas-Nebraska-Colorado triple point.

My top three (in no particular order) would be:
Chicago;
St. Louis;
A purpose-built "American Brasilia" in a new Federal District either on the Kansas-Nebraska border (to be as close as possible to the geographic center of the contiguous US while not being wholly surrounded by any one state) or at the Kansas-Nebraska-Colorado triple point.
kansas city being built up always seemed like a good idea

Always wondered what a new capital in the Kansas city/ St Louis area would have been called. Cant see the US capital bearing the name of a specific state, or have anything to do with a French connection. Maybe Jefferson? Columbia?
For the Kansas City area, there's already a city with a good name--Independence. And not just for the name, the city was always a significant city in the area and held an important place in the history of the US frontier since numerous trails used to settle the Western states started in Independence. Apparently the Civil War somewhat harmed Independence relative to Kansas City, so it could be redeveloped as a capital district.

Probably the name "District of Columbia" would be kept.

Two ideas here:

1) What if in the TL-191 universe Jake Featherston is killed in a car accident in 1920? This results in the Freedom Party floundering and barely surviving as a minor political party. Instead the Redemption League comes to power in 1934 and rules a different CSA with a different WW2. This leads to a Redemptionist government that is made up of William ‘Willy’ Knight as President, Ferdinand Koenig as Attorney General (he knew which way the wind was blowing and switched to the Redemption League) and Roger Kimball as Speaker of the House/Party Leader.

2)What if during the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923, more Nazis are killed than OTL, including Richard Wagner, Friedrich Weber and Rudolf Hess. This results in Wilhelm Frick becoming Hitler’s left hand man (Göring is his right). Shortly after Hindenburg’s death and Hitler uniting the Reich President and Reich Chancellor into the Führer, he is assassinated alongside Himmler, Rosenberg, and Göring. This catapults Wilhelm Frick to become Führer.

Being a resident of Iowa and a transplant from the south, I hate our winters.

Long story short, every four years our caucus rolls around and for one evening, voters will wait in line in cold and often windy weather before being crammed into a church or school to vote. The rules are confusing and open to manipulation; one caucus the amount of delegates the top candidates got was decided by a coin toss. And I doubt I need to mention that last caucus.

So what if the caucus became a primary or better yet had been a primary from the beginning?

An NFL and legal what if rolled into one.

What if Baltimore was able to seize the Colts before Irsay could move the team to Indianapolis? What would the NFL do? Would it be upheld in court?

With a PoD in the 1910's can China remain a centralized state instead of descending into Warlordism?
Maybe the Wuchang uprising which began the ball towards revolution and republic rolling is put down quickly. The state may endure with major instability but eventually begin a series of reforms. The issue was not really that China did not want to modernize, but that there was a lack of consensus about how it should be done and the direction the nation should take moving forwards in its reforms.

Eichmann is captured by allies during his attempt to escape Germany (thus he joins other nazi criminals and ends sentenced to death during Nuremberg Trials. With Eichmann executed, is there someone to take his role in post-ww2 Israeli history?

I had a dream last night.

I visiting the Haddock Museum in Haddock, Pennsylvania (this town does not exist, and in fact Haddock to my knowledge are not found in Pennsylvania), which is founded and run by a guy by the name of Frank Valley (not to be confused with Frankie Valli, the singer) who is obsessed with fishing in general and haddock in particular. He seemed like a regular old guy, except he always wore fishing gear and refused to talk about anything but fish. I go into the museum and there's a whole section dedicated to the founder's life and accomplishments.

In 1941 Frank Valley was stationed in the kingdom of Kra, a small kingdom located on the Kra isthmus between Thailand and Malaysia. He deserted his unit, married a possibly underaged princess by the name of Phra (she is consistently referred to as his "partner," as their marriage is not recognized in the US because he was already married to an American woman at the time and apparently he just never bothered to get a divorce), and led a coup d'etat in 1946, crowning himself as king. He reigned there as a brutal dictator until 1951, when his generals rebelled. He escaped the country under cover of night, taking Phra and a valuable and endangered Royal Kra Bird, a flightless bird that looks vaguely like a person wearing a blue Big Bird costume. Us authorities wanted to send the bird back, as it was considered a national symbol, but the bird was in extremely poor health by the end of the journey and was not considered likely to survive the journey back. He sold the bird to the San Diego Zoo and used the money to found the museum. There's a black-and-white picture of the founder in an ostentatious military uniform and a little obituary to Phra Valley who died in the 1980s.

I look at the guy, this war criminal who escaped all consequences of his actions, and he says to me "Now, let me tell you about Haddock..."

Ted Turner and Jane Fonda (and a certain guide) are in a car accident while in the Soviet Union. Jane is the only survivor.

In your opinions, what would be the immediate and long term butterflies?