Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

i thought of this the other day:
so James Earl Ray (who killed MLK) was making his way to Rhodesia when they got him in London. what would have happened if he made it to Rhodesia and the Rhodesian government got him, would they have handed him over to the USA.

McPherson

Banned
How much better off would the world be economically in the decades after a late May/early June 1918 Central Powers surrender and similar peace terms? The major European powers would obviously still be heavily in debt and badly wounded by the loss of so many people and the spending of so much money, but would they be in a significantly better position economically in the coming decades compared to OTL?
I think a year shorter war would have helped. Still... Most of the damage in 1918 appears to have come late in the year.
casCum.png

WW1 Monthly Casualties by Fronts and Belligerents | R-bloggers

so James Earl Ray (who killed MLK) was making his way to Rhodesia when they got him in London. what would have happened if he made it to Rhodesia and the Rhodesian government got him, would they have handed him over to the USA.
Not quite the same, but there was a vignette written on the SLP forum about him having got to Rhodesia and what happened some years later: http://forum.sealionpress.co.uk/index.php?threads/vc31-black-history-context-is-for-kings.3210/

i think they would have handed him back to the USA (saying its not worth keeping him)

What if Yuan Shikai had refused the Thirteen Demands and attempted to use a war with Japan (where Japan, despite being allied with Britain and Russia in WWI, would not have been supported by them) as a national rallying point before attempting to crown himself Emperor?

What if Yuan Shikai had refused the Thirteen Demands and attempted to use a war with Japan (where Japan, despite being allied with Britain and Russia in WWI, would not have been supported by them) as a national rallying point before attempting to crown himself Emperor?
Who knows? It might have worked.

Does this automatically mean that China joins the Central Powers? If so Yuan is definitely out by 1919. Also I don't think Yuan was stupid enough to think China could win over Japan then, her being in such disarray.

‘AHC: Make Barry Goldwater POTUS’. No, it doesn’t have to be in 1964 (which is an ASB proposition anyway).

WI: Deutsche Welle handled news and current affairs programming for both ARD-Das Erste (Tagesschau/Tagesthemen) and ZDF (heute) just like its respective Dutch and British counterparts NOS (for NPO) and ITN (for ITV, Channel 4 and Five).