Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

I have already started a tread on it , but I will also ask here in hope of having responses: What if , in 1912, the Great Powers, beside forcing the formation of Albania, would force the existence of an Macedonian multiethnic state with roughly this borders
macedonia-map.jpg

McPherson

Banned
I have already started a tread on it , but I will also ask here in hope of having responses: What if , in 1912, the Great Powers, beside forcing the formation of Albania, would force the existence of an Macedonian multiethnic state with roughly this bordersView attachment 526882

I don't know about the other Allies, but Wilson would be stupid and arrogant enough to do it.

First of all, please, if someone is interested on this do not message a admin and me at the same time because the last time I suggested a frivolous scenario someone did this.

I wanted to create a post called "(DBWI) Why do you think the french empire bombed crete?".

I would start with a description that the french empire bombed Crete in 1981 and even today the information was not disclosed, then proceed to show a pool with a lot of possible reasons like:
As a show of force against the british; to put down the local population riot; to prevent crete from joining greece; it was a false flag operation by the russians; it was asked by the germans; it was a demonstration of power against egypt and ireland; a demonstration of the power of their new chinese licensed planes; part of their ideology of cointainment of nationalism; a effective fake news since there is no proof the bombardment took place; the french planes were returning from mecca and had engine problems and thus dropped their bombs on the wrong area; a bluff against north australia, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

The idea was for everyone to grab a random response and gives a insane description twisting the timeline as much it was possible to make this seems plausible, like:

"It was to prevent a unification of crete with Greece, as it was occupied after Greece lost the second weltkrieg and France became a "empire" due it's large territory, even tough it still was a republic."

McPherson

Banned
Hunh? (^^^) Before anyone could generate a response, how about present a timeline with presumably a large number of PoDs that gives a background that justifies the incident.
1583036905432.png

Otherwise...

1583037109573.png

Attachments

• 1583037056653.png
    1583037056653.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 156
An idea inspired by a thread on Spacebattles. What if when FDR proposed cutting the US Army budget by half and MacArthur got into a massive shouting match with him, MacArthur said something really insulting in the heat of the moment and Roosevelt actually demanded his resignation before going ahead with the a series of budget cuts over the next few years. Meanwhile MacArthur now out of the army decides to give politics a go and run for Congress, putting him position for a presidential run later down the line.

Sound plausible, or not?

An idea inspired by a thread on Spacebattles. What if when FDR proposed cutting the US Army budget by half and MacArthur got into a massive shouting match with him, MacArthur said something really insulting in the heat of the moment and Roosevelt actually demanded his resignation before going ahead with the a series of budget cuts over the next few years. Meanwhile MacArthur now out of the army decides to give politics a go and run for Congress, putting him position for a presidential run later down the line.

Sound plausible, or not?

Mac out of the army would surely improve the army...

Has anyone ever done a TL based on the premise that the work on the Millennium Bug doesn't happen? I don't think it would be quite the apocalypse, but the effects would still be significant.

A thing I thought up: The Soviet Union keeps the 100 megaton Tsar Bomba, then when it breaks up said Tsar Bomba, along with 3 other nukes, end up in the hands of a South American based apocalypse cult. The result:
Screenshot_2020-03-06 NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein(3).png
Screenshot_2020-03-06 NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein(2).png
Screenshot_2020-03-06 NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein(1).png