Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Another question. Since I am writing a Mussolini alternate history, one of the focus points is the Middle East and Africa.

Do you guys know who were the various leaders of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party in Lebannon, Syria and Jordan ?

What could be potentially be fascist head of states in other parts of the world (Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania) ?

Both male and female is acceptable.

Last edited:
Another question. Since I am writing a Mussolini alternate history, one of the focus points is the Middle East and Africa.

Do you guys know who were the various leaders of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party in Lebannon, Syria and Jordan ?

What could be potentially be fascist head of states in other parts of the world (Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania) ?

Both male and female is acceptable.
Whats the POD and is it going to get posted here??

A little musing on the Dismissal.

Would it have been logistically possible for Whitlam to officially advise Kerr's firing just before Kerr dismissed him, both men taking unstoppable action to disempower the other in ignorance of the other's use of the power?

if Suharto is felled/sickened in the weeks before 7/12/75, presumably the full scale invasion of East Timor is delayed as Military leaders gravitate towards Jakarta for a power struggle?

if Whitlam is felled just before Supply is blocked in October, I think Bill Hayden becomes leader and PM as he is the only broadly acceptable internal candidate.

If Kaesong remained part of the Repblic of Korea (South Korea), would it be a more plausible catalyst for Gyeonggi (the province that surrounded Seoul and Incheon) to ber permanently divided into two?

'What Would Modern British North America Look Like?'.

Assuming the American Revolution either failed or never happened, of course.

What if the Japanese tried to build an airstrip on North Sentinel island during WW2?
Why there and not on the nearby and bigger Andaman Islands?

If they tried, they'd be attacked by the Sentinelese, as happened with other intruders. Result would be extermination of the Sentinelese if the Japanese decided to go through with it.

The would do something that even Hitler couldn't do.
Maybe I didn't phrase it right. I didn't mean it as a conscious decision by the Japanese, but if they're attacked by the Sentinelese while they're trying to build an airfield, the endresult is that most (probably all) of the Sentinelese attackers are killed. Add to it it that the surviving Sentinelese are left with severely reduced hunting grounds (the area around the airfield is no longer available to them), there's a possibility of allied airattacks. and the Japanese might bring some diseases to the island. This all leads to the chances of them surviving being very slim.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't phrase it right. I didn't mean it as a conscious decision by the Japanese, but if they're attacked by the Sentinelese while they're trying to build an airfield, the endresult is that most (probably all) of the Sentinelese attackers are killed. Add to it it that the surviving Sentinelese are left with severely reduced hunting grounds (the area around the airfield is no longer available to them), there's a possibility of allied airattacks. and the Japanese might bring some diseases to the island. This all leads to the chances of them surviving being very slim.
I know.
But I wpuld lead to extinction of an entire human culture,something that even Hitler couldn't do with Jews.

Post Stalin Power Struggle leads to Civil War
Or, Nazis Capture Moscow and Capture all important PolitBuro Members before they flee. Including Stalin.
Is the first one plausible???
What happens in case of 2nd ine.