Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

What is the best PoD for a non militaristic Imperial Japan?
It depends how you mean it but if you mean rise of militarism in 1930s then you could have the emperor take a hard stance against them at the beginning so they are all treated like how the Kodoha faction was treated after Feb 26 incident

It depends how you mean it but if you mean rise of militarism in 1930s then you could have the emperor take a hard stance against them at the beginning so they are all treated like how the Kodoha faction was treated after Feb 26 incident
Did the emperor even have power to do that?

Really? Thanks a lot. It will greatly help the tl.
I can't find the exact guy (its annoying me now) but maybe you can use Semyonov, since he wanted to create a "great mongolian state" as well as being half mongolian half Russian. If he could gain more prominence (maybe if Kolchak dies some point after taking power) then ends up being ruler of Russia then I could see him easily being influenced by Eurasian ideologists given his desires to create the mongol state it could resonate with him a lot. There is also a chance I am confusing the Eurasianst general with Semyonov but I think I recall seeing a general being labelled Eurasianst specifically and arguing russia is closer to asia but it could have been a thinker that i read about.