Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

McPherson

Banned
View attachment 573520

Back again, what would the name for the Yellow nation be?

Looking for options:

Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere (bit of a mouthful), some alternative to this that has a pronounceable acronym like Eastern Prosperity Sphere (EPS, Epsian?)
Far East?
United States (or something like that) of the East/(East) Asia

Sino-Japanese Empire.

Question: how vital and influential was Wilhelm Frick in the early years of Nazi Germany? He was a lawyer, controlled the police for a time, and was part of the Old Guard.

Is there any way to have him become Führer in 1934 if Hitler was assassinated and Göring and Himmler died with him?

McPherson

Banned
Question: how vital and influential was Wilhelm Frick in the early years of Nazi Germany? He was a lawyer, controlled the police for a time, and was part of the Old Guard.

Is there any way to have him become Führer in 1934 if Hitler was assassinated and Göring and Himmler died with him?
WTMFH would you want that accursed oxygen waster to not join the Berlin Maniac, Fatso and the Chicken Farmer into a better condition (DEAD) at the same time in the ATL proposed that those three became wormfood?

WTMFH would you want that accursed oxygen waster to not join the Berlin Maniac, Fatso and the Chicken Farmer into a better condition (DEAD) at the same time in the ATL proposed that those three became wormfood?
In this scenario those three were killed while their motorcar was blown up, and Frick was elsewhere when it happened and was able to deploy the Reichswehr and SS to secure his hold and purge the SA (who were blamed for the attempted coup as the assassin was a radical SA man).

I’ve seen Weber’s Germany, Wagner’s Germany, just thought it would be interesting to see Frick’s Germany.

What an unified (near) greater Syria would be in the 80s population wise? And what would be the percentage of the various ethnic groups (Shia Arabs,Sunni Arabs, Alawites, Christians, Kurds and so on). This greater Syria includes :
  • OTL Lebanon
  • OTL Hatay
  • OTL Syria
  • OTL Jordan
  • OTL West Bank
  • OTL Iraq
Same thing for an Algerian that got independent in the late 1940s, no expulsions of piednoirs and a Morocco that owns OTL Mauritania.

The scenario is the following : No De Gaulle, the British annexed to their protectorate of Transjordan the Iraq Kingdom, Lebanon and Syria during the Middle East Campaign.
The "Jordanian" branch of the Hashemites ends up ruling it post war.

McPherson

Banned
'Could A Democratic POTUS Have Been Elected In The Roaring Twenties?'.

Woodrow-Wilson-photo-loc.jpg

Source: What President's Cleveland, McKinley, Roosevelt, Taft ...
(^^^) 1920-21. After him? Debatable.

That’s a fair point. I did, however, precisely mean elected sometime during the Twenties. Because even if Good Ol’ Woody somehow decided to run again, I rather doubt that he’d win.

As such, 1920 seems like a no-go for Democrats without some serious PoD going into effect beforehand. Maybe also 1924, though whether 1928 could yield a more favorable outcome for the Democrats, I don’t know.

Furthermore, in the vein of what I’ve suggested here before, there’s also the question as to whether a Great Depression would happen on the Democrats’ watch or not (which moves the nation in a rather different direction, should the Republicans roar back into power if the incumbent president fumbles their response).

McPherson

Banned
Democrat farm policies under Wilson LED to the Great Depression. That and his overall incompetence on matters of international finance among the Great Powers during WWI. FDR used Wilson as a lesson in what not to do.

I've heard that Boris Yeltsin cheated (some sources say blatantly) in the 1996 Russian Presidential Election?! If that's true, what would happen if that cheating (?) never occurred?
Would the outcome be different? Was Russian democracy (or what passed for it) already doomed to fail by then?