Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Any good figures for the leader of Leninist/Stalinist type ideology originating in early 20th France?

we assume that somehow the idea of zionism still exist but never really cathes on and the turn of history still stay the same. Post holocaust, would the idea of israel in palestine become popular ? or would it be considered unrealistic ?

Why are Nagaland and Mizoram more developed than the Indian average? Even Meghalaya isn't as poor as it could be. They had no urban civilization or literacy prior to the British, have a mountainous geography, are difficult to access, and have had tensions with the government and with each other. They should be the poorest in India, judging by geography and history.

Last edited:
Why are Nagaland and Mizoram more developed than the Indian average? Even Megahayla isn't as poor as it could be. They had no urban civilization or literacy prior to the British, have a mountainous geography, are difficult to access, and have had tensions with the government and with each other. They should be the poorest in India, judging by geography and history.
They're also some of the least populous states with the highest literacy rates. These states also are not Hindu; they were ripe for conversion to Christianity and the schools that came with missionary activity. Thus, the populations are agrarian or live in relatively small cities and family/clan ties remain strong.

Grey Wolf

Donor
What if the 1912 plan for a Macedonian state came to fruition?
So, this is at the expense of Serbia mainly? I'm not sure of the intended boundaries, but as Skopje etc is South of Nish, then I assume we are looking at a bad result for the Serbs. This might imply they have a bad outcome in the WAR too, as I assume this did not come about because the Serbs were diplomatically too strong. Serbia is going to be squeezed and will focus either West towards the sea (Montenegro tried to take Scutari, maybe Serbia tries that in the second war) or towards the North, i.e. Bosnia

Grey Wolf

Donor
So, who are good examples of elderly center-left establishment dems who could win in 1972?

Yeah, this would be for a goldwater stays out in 1964, runs in 1968 and is a one-term failure.
How elderly do they have to be? I mean MacNamara could be an interesting candidate, if I understand the JFK presidency has happened, but no 2nd Democratic term.