Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

No

"Hieratic was written in one direction only, from right to left. In earlier times the lines were arranged vertically and later, about 2000 bce, horizontally. Subsequently the papyrus scrolls were written in columns of changing widths."

Oh, I actually mean "What if hieratic was written from left to right?". My bad.

If I remember correct, the original location of Washington was going to be on the Banks of the Susquehanna, if that happened, then later on William Henry Harrison's death would never have happened as contrary to popular belief it was an issue with the water supply that killed him, a side effect of the capital being in a swamp, if Harrison lived to see a full term, then it's possible clay would win in 1844, what are your thoughts?

Grey Wolf

Donor
If I remember correct, the original location of Washington was going to be on the Banks of the Susquehanna, if that happened, then later on William Henry Harrison's death would never have happened as contrary to popular belief it was an issue with the water supply that killed him, a side effect of the capital being in a swamp, if Harrison lived to see a full term, then it's possible clay would win in 1844, what are your thoughts?
Where are we - Pennsylvania?

I tend to believe if you change something as important as this it would have knock-on effects that would come into play before a putative POD

Maybe some more Southen delegates never arrive and die enroute, because it is further?

Maybe some wife cheater is found out because they are now nearer to their home?

Where are we - Pennsylvania?

I tend to believe if you change something as important as this it would have knock-on effects that would come into play before a putative POD

Maybe some more Southen delegates never arrive and die enroute, because it is further?

Maybe some wife cheater is found out because they are now nearer to their home?
I honestly doubt changing where the capital is located would have a drastic effect on American history, until we get to William Henry Harrison

While listening to Dan Carlin's King of Kings series, I heard a claim that Alexander the G was not some sort of great "civilizer" but rather a brute on the level of those who destroyed the Roman Empire/Han China. How true is this?