Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

If Anne had a girl though how long will Henry keep her? One more child? Two more?

What happens if she does have a boy and stays Queen?
Anne was already pregnant at the POD and that child was a boy, so she would be safe and in any case if her miscarriage after Elizabeth was followed by another healthy child, is unlikely who her enemies would find the OTL opening for remove her or Henry would tire of Anne or lose hope of an healthy son by her

AHC: A Spanish-American war between the Treaty of Paris, 1783, and the French revolutionaries declaration of war on Spain in 1792.
Maybe this could have been made much more likely if somehow the Eugenio Poure expedition to the Chicago-Lake Michigan area had been stronger, with more of a follow-up construction/settlement crew, and the Spanish had somehow won the borders sought by the Count of Aranda, at the Treaty of Paris ending the American Revolutionary War?

1280px-Borders_proposed_by_the_Count_of_Aranda.svg.png

Who would ultimately hold the Erie Triangle if the Constitutional Convention failed and the Union broke up early on? Before the Constitutional Convention IOTL, most of the states with claims in the Northwest Territory gave them up and by the time the Convention rolled around, no one had official jurisdiction over the Triangle Lands but four states still claimed it (Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania) until the land was sold to Pennsylvania in 1792. So with everything being a free for all more or less, how would things change for the Triangle Lands in regards to ownership?

What if Mughal emperor Humayun lived longer ? OTL he died due to an accident of falling from staircase in 1556. What if the accident did not happen ? Let's say he lives until 1572. How would this longer living Humayun affect Mughal history ?

Do you think if the catholic church took a strongly anti-slavery stance in the 1500's they could have stopped slavery at least on the catholic territories of the americas? What would be the major consequences of that later?

Was there ever a possibility of a Pope with legitimate children? I.e. a man who marries young, has children, loses his wife, enters the Church, and rises to be Pope? St. Francis Borgia followed such a path, and became Superior General of the Society of Jesus (the head Jesuit). Bonus points if the Pope's child or grandchild is a king.

Was there ever a possibility of a Pope with legitimate children? I.e. a man who marries young, has children, loses his wife, enters the Church, and rises to be Pope? St. Francis Borgia followed such a path, and became Superior General of the Society of Jesus (the head Jesuit). Bonus points if the Pope's child or grandchild is a king.
I know there's at least one Antipope who had legitimate children: Antipope Felix V. His grandson was briefly a (jure-uxoris) King of Cyprus, so there might be half a bonus point there, lol

I don't know how much legitimacy "Felix V" had, though. For all I know, he was a complete 15th century laughingstock!

Maybe before the recuirement for priests to be celibate?

Do you think if the catholic church took a strongly anti-slavery stance in the 1500's they could have stopped slavery at least on the catholic territories of the americas? What would be the major consequences of that later?
Then they'd replace it with something that is slavery in all but name, which was in fact what the Spanish did with their encomienda system or the forced labour the Jesuits used in their missions. It could probably even work the same way, where the not!slave traders go to Africa and buy the freedom of slaves on the condition they become indentured servants to pay off their debts. I can imagine the vague prospect of freedom sounds more appealing than a life of slavery, so they'd find plenty of volunteers. And to the African powers engaged in the slave trade, they'd act just as OTL to ensure there was always a large number of slaves ready for sale.

Reason being is that slavery was too highly demanded and too profitable in brutal operations like tropical sugar production and mining once the native population collapsed in part due to the brutality of said mining and plantation agriculture. If the Catholic Church bans slavery, then it will be replaced with something else lest Protestant states like England or the Netherlands gain an advantage.

The one interesting factor is that even if slaves are coerced into signing contracts for lifetime indenture, it would be harder to coerce their children into that same system. That would have a huge effect on the African diaspora in the New World where there'd be way more free blacks. And would the Spanish/Portuguese/French/whoever be importing as many women? Would there be more mixing between black and indigenous populations?
Peter has surviving children? The Bible clearly says he was married, but there's no mention of him having children or any tradition of his children so they either died young or he/his wife was infertile.