Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

I'm kinda wondering about a WI where Phoenician Colonists somehow make it to the British Isles and settle on the island. I have no idea what POD would result in permanent Phoenician settlements in Brittan (well permanent for the time being), but I wonder how that would affect history on a larger scale? Perhaps these alternate Phoenician settlements trade with the Celtic and Germanic people nearby?
Upon further research, it seems like The Phoenicians may have had minor trading operations in The British Isles but The Greeks probably had them as well. Britain even appears to be a name that The Greeks gave the Island. So now I'm also wondering about a timeline where there are Greek Colonies in Britain, maybe Alternate Colonization/Invasion of The British Isles could even be it's own thread since even in OTL a bunch of people invaded the Island (The Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Romans, Danes, Normans, ect.)

Upon further research, it seems like The Phoenicians may have had minor trading operations in The British Isles but The Greeks probably had them as well. Britain even appears to be a name that The Greeks gave the Island. So now I'm also wondering about a timeline where there are Greek Colonies in Britain, maybe Alternate Colonization/Invasion of The British Isles could even be it's own thread since even in OTL a bunch of people invaded the Island (The Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Romans, Danes, Normans, ect.)
Seems like everybody who was anybody invaded the British Isles at some point or other...

Anybody have ideas for realistic PODs to turn the American Civil War into a World War Lite?
Due to the block of cotton exports from the South the British and French Empires intervene on the side of the Confederates. Then Britain and France’s enemies join the war on the side of the Union.

Think there would be any interest in building an alternate history around the TV show Severance? It's definitely some kind of ATL but I do not think it would be that hard to achieve the culture and corruption shown by the Kier Corporation in that series. There also appears to be alternate states.

Due to the block of cotton exports from the South the British and French Empires intervene on the side of the Confederates. Then Britain and France’s enemies join the war on the side of the Union.
Was there anyone willing to do that? The most likely powers would be Russia and Austria, but early 1860s aren't too long after the Crimean War and Franco-Austrian War.

If Joanna of Naples had married Henry VII, would Henry VIII marry Catherine of Aragon sooner? Likewise, would Catherine’s dowry issue be solved by having the remainder of the dowry serve as Joanna’s dowry to Henry?

If Joanna of Naples had married Henry VII, would Henry VIII marry Catherine of Aragon sooner? Likewise, would Catherine’s dowry issue be solved by having the remainder of the dowry serve as Joanna’s dowry to Henry?
No. For both matches going ahead Ferdinand would need to pay the second half of Catherine’s dowry AND Joanna‘s dowry.
If Henry had married Joanna of Naples the first time she was proposed (read with Isabella still alive) then I guess who her dowry would be paid, but Catherine’s would remain a problem

Or POD the outcome of the Oregon Territory “54-40 or fight” dispute.
Once ACW starts, some hotheads create incidents trying to occupy territory they believe is rightfully Canadian. Then you have potential to bring the British and potentially Russian into the war.

What's the latest POD for Latin American countries to become monarchies sometime after independence that were not historically?

What are some ways to get as many players as possible into the colonial arena in North America, and keep them in the game as long as possible? Beyond France and Britain, we had Sweden and the Netherlands otl, but neither venture lasted.

What are some ways to get as many players as possible into the colonial arena in North America, and keep them in the game as long as possible? Beyond France and Britain, we had Sweden and the Netherlands otl, but neither venture lasted.
Your best bet is probably going to be less successful British colonies. Wipe out their early ventures in the south say and other powers may set up and have colonies lucrative enough to stay.

The Dutch setting up shop after a failed Jamestown colony for instance may make enough cash from tabacco, cotton, and other cash crops to not only defend the place, but also populate it enough that it could compete with the English colonies to the north.