Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Terrible thing is that if the Spanish knew there was gold and silver there, I would be hard pressed to find a way to butterfly the Spanish Conquests.
Honestly I would totally nerf the reconquesta, better for the Moors and Jews overall I woukd think if Spain never came into being. Not to mention the new world.

Question is, would whoever discovered the americas ITTL be better or worse than the Spanish?

Honestly I would totally nerf the reconquesta, better for the Moors and Jews overall I woukd think if Spain never came into being. Not to mention the new world.

Question is, would whoever discovered the americas ITTL be better or worse than the Spanish?
Sadly, unless they were on the same technological footing as the natives, they would probably be the same, human greed being what it is. And, of course, there is still the Small Pox...

Sadly, unless they were on the same technological footing as the natives, they would probably be the same, human greed being what it is. And, of course, there is still the Small Pox...

They may *want* to make giant conquests, but being *able* to make such conquests is a different matter. The Spanish had had a dry run at colonization in the Canaries, and thanks to the Reconquista had a surplus of battle-hardened veterans to throw across the seas. Other nations may not be in as good a position to conquer the Inca and the Aztec.

was thinking about writing a Timeline on a Sinicized Nepal or about a more prosperous and successful Tang China. What do you guys think?

Something I've been thinking about for a while... in the "great divorce" in 1837, when the UK and the Kingdom of Hanover went their separate ways due to the different succession laws, would it have been possible, or near-completely ASB, for Hanover to have gotten a colony or 2 out of the "separation agreement"? (yes, I have ulterior motives for inquiring :winkytongue:)

Any examples of history of a country leaving an enemy country's buildings permanently ruined as a warning or as remembrance?
I'm thinking of doing this my timeline for one of the factions.

Any examples of history of a country leaving an enemy country's buildings permanently ruined as a warning or as remembrance?
I'm thinking of doing this my timeline for one of the factions.
Ancient example: Rome sowing salt in the fields of Carthage and other defeated enemies to make living there much more difficult.
Modern example: The United States dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, making both cities unlivable for vast spans of time.

Ancient example: Rome sowing salt in the fields of Carthage and other defeated enemies to make living there much more difficult.
Modern example: The United States dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, making both cities unlivable for vast spans of time.
Thanks. Could General Sherman's March To the Sea also count?

This was symbolic rather than any grand salting of fields, and it's unknown if the Romans actually did that to Carthage since no ancient source mentions it.
Eh, Sherman’s March to the Sea did not leave the South an unlivable place. He did burn some things, but those things could and in some cases would be rebuilt.
It was also much exaggerated in later decades, although it was very damaging to Southern morale at the time.

Hey yall, I have been on a Napoleon historic binge lately, and was wondering if there are any good timelines on this site relating to him.

Any will do, but I am also curious if any have been written on Napoleon concentrating on the Americas.

Thank you all.