Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

If the Mayflower (hence the Pilgrims) landed in Manhattan and subsequently settled at least the Hudson Valley, what would happen to OTL New England states (Massachussetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire)?

‘How Long Could Abe Lincoln Have Lived?’ Assuming that John Wilkes Booth stays out of the picture and that there are other assassination attempts (or at least, no successful ones), to be more clear.

In alternate timeline where Philip of Anjou becomes heir to the French throne in 1712 due to his brother and nephews all dying (instead of his brother and elder nephew dying while OTL's Louis XV survives) but where there is still seen within France a possibility to win Spain (which realistically is lost) and his first wife, Maria Luisa of Savoy, still dies in 1714, who does Philip of Anjou marry? Is Elisabeth Farnese still on the table or is it preferable for Philip to marry someone else?
Elisabetta Farnese is pretty unlikely under this scenario, maybe Philip will marry an Austrian Archduchess in the peace treaty? Joseph I’s eldest daughter Maria Josepha would be 14 years old, his youngest sister Maria Magdalena (who in OTL was proposed as second wife for Philip) 24 years old...

I had a fairly frivolous idea about a "migrating" Roman Empire: After the fall of Rome, Byzantium conquers the Sassanid Empire. The Byzantium-Sassanid Empire then loses its European, Anatolian, and North African territories but conquers Sind and Gurjara in northern India. A butterfly net protects the rise of Islam and so the non-Indian parts of the Empire are eaten by the Caliphate. *Gurjara conquers all of northern India. So on and so forth until in the modern daythere's a state in southeast Asia that can trace itself in an unbroken line back to Rome.

The timeline is of course stupidly convergent with ours, with the breakaway Anatolian/European kingdom doing the things Byzantium did IOTL and *Gurjara's conquest of northern India happening at the same time as Gurjara's. It then converts to Islam and takes the historical place of the Delhi Sultanate. Or maybe it just got a little farther before it collapsed--this is all very vague.

I had a fairly frivolous idea about a "migrating" Roman Empire: After the fall of Rome, Byzantium conquers the Sassanid Empire. The Byzantium-Sassanid Empire then loses its European, Anatolian, and North African territories but conquers Sind and Gurjara in northern India. A butterfly net protects the rise of Islam and so the non-Indian parts of the Empire are eaten by the Caliphate. *Gurjara conquers all of northern India. So on and so forth until in the modern daythere's a state in southeast Asia that can trace itself in an unbroken line back to Rome.
thats not dissimilar to what happened IOTL. With Rome passing its authority to Constantinople, which in turn passed its authority down to the Russians. Although this was more in the eyes of the Russians themselves. But there is an OTL precedence of sorts for this kind of thing.

Could the Muslims have conquered France in the 700s? (They defeated Charles Martel, whereas in real life, Martel defeated armies of Muslim warriors?) If so, would France be more like Spain at that time (and possibly more advanced too due to the more advanced nature of the Muslim world compared to Europe in the early medieval era?)

What if the whole world, all 7 billion people, were servants of a single family?

Talk about a family owning the whole Earth. If one of their kids really wanted to own all of Indonesia, he would just need to throw a big hissy fit to make himself the "Governor of Nusantara Region".

Basically, spoiled kid but to the E x t r e m e

Earlier on this thread I asked how we could plausibly get a real life equivalent to the wild wild west during the post civil war 19th century. Which got me thinking about the possibility of an entire retrp future timeline where technology advanced faster than OTL.

With the following
  1. The late 19th century being pretty steampunk with airships being popularly used and the development of more advanced steam vehicles.
  2. The early twentieth century being full on dieselpunk with bashford dean armor being used in the equivalent of WW1. Alongside both the rigsby coil gun and Seadrome being put into actual use.
  3. The mid twentieth century seeing rapid development and applications of nuclear technology and a much greater exploration of space.
  4. Late twentieth century becoming vaguely cyberpunk and casette futurism.

What if the Roman Empire collapsed in the Crisis of the 3rd Century? The Roman Empire was in dire straits back then and could have collapsed? If so, what would change?

British America still has a Civil War, after Queen Victoria orders the 1833 anti-slavery act be enforced in the southern provinces.
I actually have something like that happen in my timeline "Jefferson's Anti-Slavery Crisis". The Southron Rebellion occurs because of something very similar (southern colonies formed when GA, NC, SC leave US at Continental Congress; this rebellion is quashed). Is "civil war" still the right term though? I feel like this is more rebellion or attempted independence war or colonial war if this is a British America we're talking about, though.