Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Hmm. How do you guys think that will affect the 19-20 century? I'd think the colonisation of Australia would be different at least as some people that would go to Australia otl would go to ittl Argentina. Ittl Argentina would also be a functioning country ittl which means the rest of the Latin American countries have a powerful nation right next to them.
Mmm, I don’t know that being a British colony/dominion would make Argentina inherently more powerful or stable than it’s been IOTL. The timeline “Dominion of the River Plate” by @minifidel is a good deconstruction of this concept.

Last edited:
Well, Richard will only be Duke of Aquitaine and potentially regent. He, William, will definitely be king as he is senior heir, indisputably legitimate. This is key. Assuming he lives to adulthood, he will be heavily influenced by regents most likely, hence why it is good for Richard if he gets to be a regent.
Could Richard not usurp the throne using the same grounds as John did?

Last edited:
Philip was likely poisoned by Ferdinand, but in any case he died in Castile, while here he will NEVER go there meaning who whatever killed him OTL is automatically butterflied
OK. So he lives, Joanna never sinks into depression at his death, she therefore WON'T be "la loca" meaning she won't be locked up

Unless, of course, Ferdinand finds another pretext to try to lock her up, or take her power away. Apparently, Ferdinand was a SOB...
SOB, yes, but he needs a reason to lock his heiress up. IOTL his excuse was her grief. Since she won't be in a state of depression due to being widowed, she will be perfectly fine to rule.

SOB, yes, but he needs a reason to lock his heiress up. IOTL his excuse was her grief. Since she won't be in a state of depression due to being widowed, she will be perfectly fine to rule.

Rule what, exactly? ITTL Juan's posthumous child inherits everything, leaving Juana to be solely a consort to Philip.

If the Mongols look like they're retreating, do NOT chase them. It's a trap. (False retreats were very common in Mongol attacks. They usually worked).
While Ogedei's death prevented the Mongols from conquering Western Europe, this would have been a hard slog anyway due to castles everywhere and the decentralized nature of Western Europe (meaning you had to go fiefdom by fiefdom).
What do you think a Europe that was invaded by the Mongols would look like? (I'm not very familiar with Asian history tbh)

I acknowledge that this is possibly very ASB from the start; my brain refuses to let go of it, however, so now it's here.

Let's say Isabel Neville has a surviving daughter in the 1470 flee to Calais, but her husband George dies. Maybe he goes overboard. Maybe a sea monster eats him. He's pretty annoying - maybe they throw him off.

Warwick goes through with Anne's marriage to Edward of Westminister, the Battle of Barnet commences, everything goes the way it did OTL.

Could we see Isabel remarry? Maybe to Richard Grey, Elizabeth Woodville's second son? They're only six years apart, which isn't horrid. And I can see Edward letting Isabel keep her inheritance if she's married to his stepson - I can see Elizabeth Woodville eventually cottoning onto it, given the whole inheritance thing, but maybe I am underestimating her hatred. Maybe to a friend of Edward's, someone he trusts, as a reward? Does she just go to a nunnery?

What about her daughter? (Most likely named Cecily or Anne). Edward was a pretty forgiving guy, OTL - I don't see him letting his brother's daughter go without her inheritance from her father (or at least a decent chunk of it) or not make an impressive marriage for her.

I acknowledge that this is possibly very ASB from the start; my brain refuses to let go of it, however, so now it's here.

Let's say Isabel Neville has a surviving daughter in the 1470 flee to Calais, but her husband George dies. Maybe he goes overboard. Maybe a sea monster eats him. He's pretty annoying - maybe they throw him off.

Warwick goes through with Anne's marriage to Edward of Westminister, the Battle of Barnet commences, everything goes the way it did OTL.

Could we see Isabel remarry? Maybe to Richard Grey, Elizabeth Woodville's second son? They're only six years apart, which isn't horrid. And I can see Edward letting Isabel keep her inheritance if she's married to his stepson - I can see Elizabeth Woodville eventually cottoning onto it, given the whole inheritance thing, but maybe I am underestimating her hatred. Maybe to a friend of Edward's, someone he trusts, as a reward? Does she just go to a nunnery?

What about her daughter? (Most likely named Cecily or Anne). Edward was a pretty forgiving guy, OTL - I don't see him letting his brother's daughter go without her inheritance from her father (or at least a decent chunk of it) or not make an impressive marriage for her.
Depends on the when she remarries. If its during the Readeption, they might wed her off to Harry Tudor. Failing Tudor, perhaps Edmund Beaufort.

If she remarries at the Restoration of Edward IV, I honestly don't know. Maybe he can keep her unwed until Antony Wydeville needs a new wife? George Grey, 2e earl of Kent is possible, but there were money problems there IIRC. After that, I think we run into the same problem with the Wydevilles that Warwick complained of: that they'd snapped up all the available grooms.