Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Random thought, feel free to tell me I’m a bad newbie who doesn’t understand how this forum works, however- what if Henry the 8th of England, firstly could only father daughters for whatever reason, and secondly, all the pregnancies he fathered lead to healthy births?
Even excluding the wife roulette, I am curious how much “evidence” it would take for the blame for the gender of the child to shift from the mother to the father.
Although, yes, there would be *nightmares* every time anyone even thought of the succession. And a huge horde of red-headed girls looking so much like their father that no one can claim cheating.
Currently my thought is that Henry’s solution would be to marry off his eldest daughter to someone loyal and pass the crown to a grandson, but that does have flaws.
Also I have work now so can’t type any longer.
He'd probably marry one of his daughters off to her Brandon Cousin and invest the succession in their children...

VVD0D95

Banned
Would Anne Boleyn having a son in 1536 be enough to save her and orevent her downfall? Or would she need to have had a son sooner and the 1536 son be a second son?

What if the Fourth Crusade had enough money to pay off the Venetians? IIRC one of the reasons the Crusade went so far off the rails and eventually sacked Constantinople was because they didn't have the money to pay the Venetians, so the Venetians sent them elsewhere to suit their own geopolitical purposes.

The one born in 1510? Charles V would have accepted to marry her in 1524, and that would have ensured Katherine stayed Henry's wife and queen
The political issue for passing a crown down via a diplomatic marriage, is that the child from that diplomatic marriage is influenced and raised by that foreign crown. Henry may want to pass down to a grandson that was raised in England/under him, not a potential pawn of a foreign king. *maybe*. I will emphasise here that I am usually a lurker in the fandom AH area, not exactly a Tudor political expert.

The political issue for passing a crown down via a diplomatic marriage, is that the child from that diplomatic marriage is influenced and raised by that foreign crown. Henry may want to pass down to a grandson that was raised in England/under him, not a potential pawn of a foreign king. *maybe*. I will emphasise here that I am usually a lurker in the fandom AH area, not exactly a Tudor political expert.
Assuming Charles and Henry's daughter have more than one son, the younger one can be shifted to England to be raised as heir

If Charles was willing to give the Low Countries to his second son by Henry’s oldest daughter, that would be enough to make him accepted as king of England despite his foreign birth (Low Countries were an extremely attractive territory for the English due to trade connections)

If Charles was willing to give the Low Countries to his second son by Henry’s oldest daughter, that would be enough to make him accepted as king of England despite his foreign birth (Low Countries were an extremely attractive territory for the English due to trade connections)
Agreed. The Burgundian inheritance would make the Englishmen (and Henry himself) willing to overlook the foreign birth of Charles‘ second son and accept him as heir/King and if Charles V had two sons is guaranteed who the second one would receive the Burgundian inheritance

How could one get James VI of Scotland onto the throne of England in the 1570s/early 1580s? Obviously elizabeth would have to die but other than that? What could prompt the English to choose James or invite him to take the throne during this period? And what would the consequences be if he became king then?

@Kellan Sullivan @FalconHonour @Shiva @Tudorfan @Emperor Constantine @isabella

Realistically, it should be possible. The other claimants from Mary, Queen of France were illegitimate (the Seymours) or in disgrace (the Clifford-Stanleys), while the only other claim from Margaret's line was Arabella Stuart, who was very, very young. However, anything being done before Mary Queen of Scots' execution would be very awkward for everyone involved.

What would the consequences be if James IV decides not to invade England in 1513?

@Kellan Sullivan @FalconHonour @Tudorfan @isabella @Emperor Constantine @Anarch King of Dipsodes @Tyler96
No Flodden, meaning who Catherine would NOT have and points for her big victory, James would remain alive (and likely generate more children with Margaret), Margaret would be in a better position and Anglo-Scottish relationship would be better than OTL. James V (and his future siblings) would have no reason for hating England as OTL. Relationship between France and Scotland could become tense for a while, but that would not be much relevant, specially if Louis XII remarried to Mary Tudor as OTL.

VVD0D95

Banned
No Flodden, meaning who Catherine would NOT have and points for her big victory, James would remain alive (and likely generate more children with Margaret), Margaret would be in a better position and Anglo-Scottish relationship would be better than OTL. James V (and his future siblings) would have no reason for hating England as OTL. Relationship between France and Scotland could become tense for a while, but that would not be much relevant, specially if Louis XII remarried to Mary Tudor as OTL.
Sounds good to me. Now ti decide whether the Tudor prince born in 1513 should survive or jor aha

Sounds good to me. Now ti decide whether the Tudor prince born in 1513 should survive or jor aha
I was just going to mention this. If Catherine doesn't have to travel north to defend the borders/have the stress of ruling during a time of war, then she's much less likely to give birth prematurely, meaning the 1513 has at least a fighting chance of surviving here. I think you should let her have that win, if she's not going to have Flodden.

VVD0D95

Banned
I was just going to mention this. If Catherine doesn't have to travel north to defend the borders/have the stress of ruling during a time of war, then she's much less likely to give birth prematurely, meaning the 1513 has at least a fighting chance of surviving here. I think you should let her have that win, if she's not going to have Flodden.
Sounds good to me :). I was toying with the idea of this son being the Tudor boy to fall for either Anne Boleyn or Catherine parr but also wondering if I shohld just have him nake ab international March