Mexico Ascendant: The Tale of a Failed Texan Revolution

Ah, a world map at last... I take it it's of the latest year mentioned in the update (1910)?

Yeah, I'm gonna break that down by continent. Starting twith Europe.
  • Did Italy really lose Sardinia? How?
  • Romania shouldn't have access to the Black Sea. That was given to them through the Treaty of Berlin, not the San Stefano one. Unless that exchange still happened but on its own.
  • Austria-Hungary should not have Bosnia. It was granted independence through the San Stefano Treaty. Even if they still made a move to annex it (as OTL 1908), though the fact Bosnia is independent would change that course of action, it wouldn't be the whole of Bosnia as OTL due to Russia having troops in the eastern areas as per the treaty.
  • Did the Cretian revolts in the last decades of the 1800's didn't happen, or fail? As by that time of the 1890's in OTL the Ottomans had already lost control of the island after intervention from the Great Powers.
I would also bring up the Cyprian Convention, where the Ottomans gave Great Britain the island as a protectorate in exchange for protection against the Russians. I would think that still happened as OTL, in fact, it would definitely happen due to Russia having a bigger prescence in the Balkans in TTL. Though not sure if that would merit changing the color of Cyprus on the map.

I would like to know what is happening with Japan TTL. I assume that since the US now lacks a pacific coast that their would be no point in sending out Perry to slam Japan into the modern world.

I do hope the Germans, and English will beat up the French, and give back German lands. Death to France!! Long live England, and Germany!

How is life, and culture in Mexico, France, the USA, and CSA, Araucanía, Patagonia, Spain, and Germany?

Can we get a list of alliances?

How does Spain still has the Philippians? And Colombia–Venezuela?

German Indochina?

Great update and excellent map. One tiny nitpick though, going from sixty million and some change to one hundred million in a decade seems a bit extreme, the population would need to have either had dozens of children per family earlier in the late 70s and early 80s. Or the country would need to be flooded by forty million immigrants. Just dont see it happening.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was saying that there was some crazy estimates that said it would be that high. I was just trying to paint the crazy optimism of the time.
Ah, a world map at last... I take it it's of the latest year mentioned in the update (1910)?

Yeah, I'm gonna break that down by continent. Starting twith Europe.
  • Did Italy really lose Sardinia? How?
  • Romania shouldn't have access to the Black Sea. That was given to them through the Treaty of Berlin, not the San Stefano one. Unless that exchange still happened but on its own.
  • Austria-Hungary should not have Bosnia. It was granted independence through the San Stefano Treaty. Even if they still made a move to annex it (as OTL 1908), though the fact Bosnia is independent would change that course of action, it wouldn't be the whole of Bosnia as OTL due to Russia having troops in the eastern areas as per the treaty.
  • Did the Cretian revolts in the last decades of the 1800's didn't happen, or fail? As by that time of the 1890's in OTL the Ottomans had already lost control of the island after intervention from the Great Powers.
I would also bring up the Cyprian Convention, where the Ottomans gave Great Britain the island as a protectorate in exchange for protection against the Russians. I would think that still happened as OTL, in fact, it would definitely happen due to Russia having a bigger prescence in the Balkans in TTL. Though not sure if that would merit changing the color of Cyprus on the map.
Sardinia is a fault of mine, I used two different basemaps, one had Italy with a green color. Austria annexes Bosnia earlier, with Russian partial approval. As for Crete, at the time of the world map it was still part of the Ottoman Empire, but as shown in the Europe map I made, it eventually becomes part of Greece.

I do hope the Germans, and English will beat up the French, and give back German lands. Death to France!! Long live England, and Germany!

How is life, and culture in Mexico, France, the USA, and CSA, Araucanía, Patagonia, Spain, and Germany?

Can we get a list of alliances?

How does Spain still has the Philippians? And Colombia–Venezuela?

German Indochina?
Next update is about alliances (with map) and the scramble for Africa. It is only about 1885-90ish so Spain still holds the Philippines, and Colombia-Venezuala and German Indochina is just another part of the weird basemap I used.

Deleted member 67076

Nice map!

Got me thinking a bit re: Mexico's population shifting immigration patterns.

With a weaker US and a CSA that should be collapsing any minute now (given sugar prices would have depressed at least once since, Jamaica and other places would start mechanization which is so much better than slaves, competition from Egyptian, Mexican and Indian cotton, the occasional periodic rebellion, and ofc the boll weevil) lots of Otl migration patterns must have changed.

Plenty of would be migrants from Europe but also South and East Asia would be heading to Latin America in search of wages. This means a population boom and an economic boom a throughout the region.

Mexico would do well to take advantage by investing in South America. Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador are all excellent spots for Mexican companies to set up shop.

As well, I do hope things go better for Latin America as a whole. The late 1800s was our period of stabilization, but without economix diversity or infrastructure the region lagged behind after the Great War.

Sardinia is a fault of mine, I used two different basemaps, one had Italy with a green color. Austria annexes Bosnia earlier, with Russian partial approval. As for Crete, at the time of the world map it was still part of the Ottoman Empire, but as shown in the Europe map I made, it eventually becomes part of Greece.

Ah, I see. Well, I'll withold from further comments on the map until there's a more proper one.

Hmm, I'd question even partial Russian support of the annexation. It kinda sounds like it's trying to appease A-H due to being cut-off from influencing the Balkans, to me at least. But would that even be considered as a course of action?

Ah, I see. Well, I'll withold from further comments on the map until there's a more proper one.

Hmm, I'd question even partial Russian support of the annexation. It kinda sounds like it's trying to appease A-H due to being cut-off from influencing the Balkans, to me at least. But would that even be considered as a course of action?
Feel free to comment further on the map. I'll just incorporate them into my next draft. As for Russia and A-H, Russia is letting them have a bit of land so they don't feel totally cut off from influence in the Balkans.

Feel free to comment further on the map. I'll just incorporate them into my next draft. As for Russia and A-H, Russia is letting them have a bit of land so they don't feel totally cut off from influence in the Balkans.

I'm gonna guess it's also an attempt to not completely alienate A-H. Since Russia and France already have to watch out against Germany and Great Britain, and Russia itself in OTL was the reason Germany and Austria-Hungary allied with each other. Their rivalry over the Balkans, chiefly.

Not sure about commenting further, since I won't be really be seeing the actual borders and stuff to comment. I can still try, or ask about other things.

Last edited:
Sorry, I spent so much time on maps and other things that I ran out of time to write much. Hope you guys enjoy anyways.
21: Mini-Update - The Scramble for Africa
gold_mines.jpg
The Scramble for Africa transformed the continent from an unknown wilderness to a land fraught with exploitation and injustice. Many nations participated, including Italy, Germany, Britain, Portugal, Spain, France, The United States of America and Sweden. Britain notably achieved most of their major goals in colonization, creating a continuous line of colonies from Cape Town to Cairo. The United States greatly expanded on their existing colonies of Liberia and Washington. Even Sweden was able to carve out a chunk of territory in Central Africa. While the acquisitions of resources from these territories helped enrich the European Empires, the Scramble further solidified battle lines among the Great Powers.
alternate scramble.png

Map of the Scramble for Africa
texan defeat 4.png

The world following the Scramble for Africa
mexico acendant ww1 WIP.png

World Alliances

Does Germany, Britain, or another power own Zanzibar? Since Germany doesn't have the Caprivi Strip I'm assuming it remains with them.

I very much doubt much if at all countries outside Europe would really be joining sides. There should be more gray in the map. Especially in the Americas.

Well, I suppose now I can now comment about the divisions and stuff. Just beforehand, from what year exactly are the maps?

Why is Sweden in an alliance? Does Neutrality really mean nothing to them?

Look how Switzerland fared in TTL. I think that will scare countries (at least in Europe) that neutrality is meaningless.

Hey i know it might be a bit early to ask, but any chance on telling what's happening in the philippines?

So the US, and Mexico are on the same side. I truly pity the CSA right about now.

Also hoping for Greek wake in this. And for Germany to rise.

So OTL War of the Pacific happened and with similar results (at least Peru kept Tacna), even with the butterflies of French Patagonian colonization and conflict with Chileans? Hmm...

OTOH, that PanAmerican Railway looks really sweet.