Mercator-BAM

1611731746001.png

Austria-Hungary and German Empire

Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser, unsern guten Kaiser Franz! ..... Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, Über alles in der Welt!

I'd like to help with this if it isn't dead. What areas are unclaimed?
I haven't been working on this for a few weeks, mostly just using what i've made so far, but I'll post the most updated map:
Progress329587.png

We mostly just need the spanish penisula, the rest of the balkans, and the black sea done until we can move on. Britain is also almost finished.

I think the current size will work fine. I agree that it's going to take quite a while, but it will speed up if enough people start contributing. I think we can at least finish Europe at the current size if nothing else, and Europe is probably what it will be used for most anyway.

I'd like to claim Iberia.

Done with the coastline of mainland Iberia
Iberia.png

Edit: Added Balearic Islands
There might be some errors here, but I think this is pretty good.
Edit 2: Added Portugal-Spain border. There are probably some details I got wrong; if you notice any, feel free to point them out to me or fix them yourself.

Last edited:
Alright, on monday I will compile all tiles of the world onto a google drive, starting with zoom 7. Then I'll ask if you guys want to do zoom level 6 or 5 for the qbam-esque sized map.
Did this ever happen? I can't seem to find a relevant google drive anywhere on this thread.

If you guys could add some that would be really helpful

I'll add some, absolutely. Should we keep the tiles as they are, or should we merge several? I feel like they're not particularly useful this tiny.
It looks like the map you're using for these tiles is OSM No Labels. Is that correct?
Maybe the drive folder should be threadmarked or added to the opening post so it's easier to find.

I'll add some, absolutely. Should we keep the tiles as they are, or should we merge several? I feel like they're not particularly useful this tiny.
It looks like the map you're using for these tiles is OSM No Labels. Is that correct?
Maybe the drive folder should be threadmarked or added to the opening post so it's easier to find.
Oh i didn't even think about that, yeah we can definitely put them together

yeah i'm using OSM no labels if you have a better one we can use that

I will add it to opening post

I will get to work on Sardinia, Sicily, and Ireland.
Edit: Ok, Sardinia:
Sardinia.png

I hope that this revival stays permanent. I was sad when this thread died and I've been looking for an excuse to continue work on the map. Now that the Winkel Tripel-Bam and the Quarter-Bam (started around the same time as this) are done, we might see more focus on this.
Edit 2: Sicily, and an update map of Europe so far
Europe_so_far.png

Edit 3: Sardinia was the wrong color, weird, fixed now

Last edited: