Medieval America Mark III

The Hell's Angels
The Hell's Angels

The annals of Americana are home to a great number of marauders from Ivan Redsails to the Thunder Chief to Darius the Black Prophet. However, none seem to draw more fear and revulsion than the legend of Charlie Coleman and his raiders from hell. While the pious judges of New Israel claim that the Hell's Angels cast aside the word of heaven to worship the great beast that is Satan, the Angels regard the Devil as a soldier of Lord Above instead of his enemy. After all, Satan had given himself to the greatest of God's tasks, torturing the wicked in his firey pits of hell. And the Hell’s Angels, dressed in black leather coats regarded themselves as the earthly soldiers of God, who had given his people an infinite land of riches to loot and reave. The oral tradition of the Hell's Angels maintains that they are an ancient people who traveled from the land of Cali to escape war, drought, and famine. This legend appears to be a reference to the Great Droughts of the 200s, which resulted in the Warring States Period in the West Coast.

After the bandit hordes failed to destroy the great hydraulic empires, the Angels would journey east, pillaging settlements across the Rio Grande. Despite their fearsome reputation, the Hell's Angels are a fractious bunch as the different clubs would quarrel with one another regarding loot, territory, and the activities of unfaithful wives. Eventually, their decline would come when the Dineh Confederation declared Roswell a holy site and launched a crusade against the heathens who raided the sacred Temple of Fifty One. As the full might of the Confederation was brought down upon the Angels, the road captains were forced out of their capital of El Paso, fleeing to the safety of the Davis Mountains. Soon, it seemed that the Angels would slip into extinction as the clubs began to cannibalize each other through a series of power struggles and land disputes. However, a child would be born to unite the Angels once more under the banner of the Lord and Lucifer.

640px-Huns_by_Rochegrosse_2.jpg

Charlie Coleman was born the son of Captain Bill Coleman and would take over his father's club at age sixteen following Bill's death at the hands of a Navajo headhunter. After subjugating the other clubs, young Charlie would receive a holy vision from Satan where he was instructed to travel east and conquer the golden city-state of Houston. To do so, he formed an alliance with capos of Los Zetas, wedding the heiress to the Garcia family to defeat a common enemy. After the deal was made, the alliance began a massive assault on the fort cities of Santonio and Austin, overwhelming the city's defenses as the horde raped, pillaged, and burned two great cities of the Texas frontier. Immediately, Southern knights and voodoo warriors came to Texarkana's aid, to fight the demon worshippers that intruded upon their lands.

While his sergeants feared the wrath of the feudal core, Charlie told his people that he received a divine dream where a great horde sacked the city of Houston and built a kingdom of God its ashes. Emboldened by the words of their leader, the Angels began their journey east to fulfill their destiny. However, another tribe was also making a journey of its own. Following a series of cold spells, New Israelites from the Southern Plains began migrating to warmer climes, only to be greeted by savages who worshipped the image of Satan alongside G-d and his holy son. Horrified, High Judge Marion Peterson formed an alliance with the Imperial Wizard and declared his own crusade against the demon-worshippers. This alliance would prove to be the very thing that would end the Hell's Angels as hundreds of Cowboys recaptured Santonio while knights of the cross beat back the hordes at the Brazos River.

The-conquest-of-Valencia-by-Jaime-I.jpg

In spite of these rapid defeats, Charlie claimed that Satan had possessed his soul and had given him the power to drown Houston in a flood of fire. While his words emboldened the sergants, Captain Coleman unexpectedly died after choking on a terrible nosebleed, forcing the Angels to retreat west and escape extinction once more. In the aftermath of their victory, the Imperial Wizard agreed to grant the New Israelites land beyond the four fort cities in a treaty that would be broken after the election of Judge William "Big Bill" Anderson. Now, the Hell's Angels have returned to their old haunts on the Rio Grande, slowly fading into obscurity. The Angels now regard the Crusade of Charlie Coleman with a great deal of nostalgia, but it appears that their beloved captain only delayed their demise as they become subject to cowboy raids and incursions from Dineh. While the Hell's Angels remain feared across the Southwest as the legendary ravagers of Texas, it is known by all that every legend must eventually come to an end.

tumblr-inline-nlycxtlxdd1t79fgm-500.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done! It's definitely interesting to how such groups like the Hell's Angels and bikers in general have adapted to the neo medieval world.

(And now I have the image of post apocalyptic bikers riding complete with motorcycles and machetes riding into battle against mounted knights... Actually I do wonder how the nation's of Medieval America would view a post apocalyptic world ala Fallout, Wasteland, Mad Max and Fist of the North Star in an ISOT or portal scenario. )

Last edited:
Nicely done! It's definitely interesting to how such groups like the Hell's Angels and bikers in general have adapted to the neo medieval world.

(And now I have the image of post apocalyptic bikers riding complete with motorcycles and machetes riding into battle against mounted knights... Actually I do wonder how the nation's of Medieval America would view a post apocalyptic world ala Fallout, Wasteland, Mad Max and Fist of the North Star in an ISOT or portal scenario. )

At the risk of being the killjoy, they'd probably just associate any tech with any analogue possible, so the motorcycles are just fancy horses, radioactivity is just black magic, and all that. Much like how for a long time and even today many make space battles just 18th century naval battles IN SPAAAAAAACE.

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/medvam/images/rivermap.gif

This clears up a couple in the midwest. The rest have no name and will have to be made up.
View attachment 360899

1. Territory of the Ozarks? Kansas Territory

2. Oklahoma Territory

3. Adams County?

4. Apalachicola County?

5. Knox County duh

6,7 . Could be anything

8 Provence du Champlain

9. Albany County?

10, 11, 12 + everything else could be anything/ dont matter enough. Random Principalities/ Counties/ Districts

edit: number 2 shows up here but nowhere else so Idk if it is actually a state

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/medvam/images/cities2.gif
Does anyone have a worlda of this TL yet?

I kinda want to make a spinoff based on https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Final-Watch-Last-Brigade-ebook/dp/B01HSCAJM6 but set in this TL. Here it is, let me know if this is good enough.

1584893567784.png

Operation Continuity

Operation Continuity is a classified operation by the secretive Bureau of American Survival (later the Department of Preservation) in conjunction with the National Survival Council, the remnant successor of the remainder of the National Command Authority. The operation is intended to preserve whatever remains of American society and civilization after the world started to regress back to the old ages and descended into chaos.

The operation started sometime in the early 2000s as a failsafe operation by President Bush as a result of 9/11. America came under attack left and right, and so it's existence was threatened. The operation was initially managed by the Department of Defense. In the late 2010s, the effects of the regression began to be felt. The President of the United States, after consulting of what remained of the scientific community, created the executive Bureau of American Survival and tasked the new executive bureau of organizing and planning Operation Continuity. The first bureau director. Neil deGrasse Tyson with his staff set upon on planning the survival of the United States, or whatever was left of it anyways. Tyson planned for three stages for this Operation. The first stage involved the gathering of essential people and assets and was tasked with recruiting the top 10 percent of the remaining scientific community. The second stage was the long stage and the most important stage of the operation. It primarily focused on constructing the bunkers and storage locations intended for Operation Continuity. After that, these essential people(s) were to be frozen and put in cryosleep preservation chambers called Cryogenic Life Support Chambers for 900 years or were manually activated. The third stage was when Operation Continuity was activated and set upon the task of rebuilding American civilization.

Operation Continuity was spread throughout the continental United States (CONUS) by a series of deep subterranean bunkers. There were 8 bunkers overall. 7 of these bunkers were supporting bunkers, meant to be outposts. The main bunker codenamed ''Columbia'' was located in the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range in Arizona. The bunker complex spanned 43 kilometers in space and 890 feet in height. It took a herculean mining effort by the Army Corps of Engineers and a large ton of explosives to construct the complex. The bunker has multiple floors (called levels) and has provisions such as storage space for 52 UH-60 helicopters, 12 CH-47F heavy-lift helicopters, 8 CH-53E Super Stallions, a squadron of AH-64 Apache Longbows, a separate 12-aircraft squadron of F35 Lightning IIs, and various UAVs. It also has storage space for various vehicles such as JLTVs, MRAPs, HMMWVs, MTLVs, etc. The bunker has a receding but covered heliport intruding into the mountain range side. The large bunker is powered by a dual of land-based A4W nuclear reactors, installed on nuclear-powered aircraft carriers of the US Navy. It generates about 100 megawatts in all and can operate for 30 years at full maximum before being taken off for heavy maintenance and replacing of fuel rods. The bunker has a 4-kilometer deep water chamber intended for drinking and multipurpose use. Most of the space inside the bunker are large-spaced rooms for the cryogenic life support chambers, with each life support room housing around 500 people. Throughout the bunker are multipurpose function chambers, intended to be used as housing, armories, storage areas, habitable farming pods. ''Columbia'' is divided into two sections, the essential section (housing people, blueprints, food, etc.) and the forward utility section (the nuclear reactors, vehicles, and engineering equipment). The two sections are connected by a series of underground concrete-paved roads, and two tram lines intended for personnel use. The bunker has 12200 personnel in all, with 30 personnel intended to be watch officers, checking the bunker at all times; at a given period of time. Watch Shifts usually last for two years then going back to a state of cryosleep (Deep Sleep).
The very majority of the personnel are military, while so about 3000 staff are scientists, advisors, utility and engineering personnel, and various experts on several matters. Among the 3000 designated staff, are liaisons and advisors from the various executive departments (DoD, DoJ, DoE, etc). When the operation is activated, protocol and presidential directive would make the United States Secretary of Preservation (Tyson), currently under deep sleep; be Acting President under the 25th Amendment.

List of military units in Operation Continuity

1st Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Combined Arms)
*1st Battalion, 37th Infantry Regiment (Light Infantry) - US Army
*1st Battalion, 17th Field Artillery Regiment (Artillery) reinforced by A Company, 2nd Battalion, 12th Field Artillery Regiment (M270 MLRS) - US Army
*2nd Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment (Mechanized; M3 Bradley) - US Army

1st Armored Brigade Combat Team (Armored, reinforced by light infantry and mechanized)
*2nd Tank Battalion, 2nd Marine Division (M1A2 Abrams SEP) - USMC
*2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment (Light Infantry) - USMC
*1st Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment (Stryker Infantry) - US Army

Various support units, such as engineering, sustainment, etc.

At last, at the dawn of the 31st Century. Operation Continuity is activated. Will they meet their objective in medieval America?

Please feel free to put in criticism or suggestion. This is just a premise. If this is good enough by you guys. I'll expand it and make my own thread.

Last edited:
I find the idea fun but all the bunkers will have to fail with every single one of those people dying. They will just be underground ruins discovered by the people of medieval america.

I have a feeling this would happen in medieval America...

This is going to be my next post, but the outbreak of Covid-19 has led to a mild resurgence for Drive-In theaters. I'm thinking the use of drive-in screens (or small scale recreations of such) would be popular in the years following a collapse. The best way to recreate the cinematic experience would be Shadow play--using lighting and silhouettes would make it much easier to implement visual effects and optical illusions, (and the largest number of people could see) it would be a more efficient use of light and time, and a lot of plays were historically performed outside anyways. Generally the best way to go back in time for people who miss their summer blockbusters. The Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings even gives a good idea on what it could look like. (Though puppets would also be very popular)

This was good. Can you expand on the people mentioned at the beginning?
Ivan Redsails was a member of the Castro dynasty who failed to overthrow his cousin and was exiled to the Bahamas where he became a pirate. The Thunder Chief was an Amerindian nomad from Thunder Bay who launched multiple raids on Wisconsin. Darius the Black Prophet was a self-proclaimed messiah who overthrew the city of Montgomery before he and his followers were killed by an invasion by the State of Mississippi.

The State of Pennsylvania

tehskyman

Banned
The State of Pennsylvania
PennsylvaniaFlagSmall.png

System of Government: Directly Appointed Federal-State (Feudal Vice-royalty)
Head of state: Vice-Governor, appointed by President of USA
Population: 430,000
Religion (Official): Nondenominational Christianity
Religion (Popular): Pennsylvanian Anabaptist
Totemic Symbol: None

After the fall of Lancaster County, and it's reorganization under the American Government, the State of Pennsylvania has become the primary frontier against one of America's biggest threats, the Capos (lancers) and Dons of New Jerzey. As a result of New Jerzey aggression, the Federal government has enacted several edicts to make this land far more defensible.

Firstly, it has encouraged local peasants to plant hedgerows. These hedgerows funnel knights down roads and prevent them from rampaging freely across the land. These hedgerows also allow Baltimore's largely pike-based armies to engage Jerzeyite Capos almost anywhere.

Secondly, the interstate department has greatly improved I83 and I95, being paved with stone and pitch from Baltimore to Wilmington and Harrisberg respectively. Fortresses and beacon towers also exist along both roads, such that an attack on Wilmington or Harrisberg will send a signal straight to Baltimore and a relief army can be dispatched. When a beacon tower sees the preceding tower light their beacons, they will light their own. The amount of signal fires lit represents the size of the threat to the fortified towns. 1 fire for a small force, 2 for a large force, 3 for the imminent fall of the town. Along both roads, a major fortress is placed every 18 miles, with fortified beacon towers every 3 miles.

When the state was conquered by the Federal government, they had learnt their lessons and local identifiers were replaced with symbols of Federal rules. The flag was replaced with the coat of arms of the Patriot-Saint John Adams. However, this significantly chafed the Amish who were concentrated in the northern half of the new state. This tension grew when missionaries began proselytizing in Amish villages. This was not supposed to happen as the Amish church officially submitted to becoming the daughter-church of the Non-Denom church, sharing doctrine. This came to a head when a young Amish man-at-arms killed a missionary and sparked open rebellion. To try and maintain unity and prevent adversaries from taking the state, the government negotiated with rebel leaders, allowing them to become captains of autonomous Amish counties within the State of Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
After the fall of Lancaster County, and it's reorganization under the American Government, the State of Pennsylvania has become the primary frontier against one of America's biggest threats, the Capos (lancers) and Dons of New Jerzey. As a result of New Jerzey aggression, the Federal government has enacted several edicts to make this land far more defensible.
So, are the Dons supposed to be the feudal lords of medieval New Jersey?

Like the PA post, teshky. Only quibble:

For New Jersey, I'd prefer that it be called "Novo Giorsi", a term from one of the pre-TK II threads that I quite liked.

Further, I have quite a few thoughts on Jersey that I'd like to share before we get there.

tehskyman

Banned
Like the PA post, teshky. Only quibble:

For New Jersey, I'd prefer that it be called "Novo Giorsi", a term from one of the pre-TK II threads that I quite liked.

Further, I have quite a few thoughts on Jersey that I'd like to share before we get there.

Wanna PM/post your ideas on Jersey? I'd be interested in hearing them. Also, I think that the Americans would refer to New Jersey or some english form of Jersey. Perhaps among the ruling class of Jersey, they call it Novo Giosi

Last edited:

tehskyman

Banned
are the interstates still maintained even if it's just rock

Depends on where. Along the eastern seaboard, where there are alot of people, they are more likely to be maintained, though water travel is much more likely. I80 in Nevada, where there are nothing but nomads then probably not.